What if Abortion were Outlawed?

As implied above, the number of women who were harmed in the course of botched abortions was microscopic, especially when compared to the number of babies who are killed through legal abortions.
Calling a fetus a "baby" is dishonest

Calling a baby a "fetus" is the ultimate dishonesty.
Why would I call something born a fetus?

I am just using your own reasoning against you.
No you aren't.

The fact that you cannot figure that out just proves I am correct. Congratulations!
Babies and fetuses are 2 different things.
You still asleep?

Are toddlers and teenagers different ’things’?
Amazing how desperate people get

I notice you didn’t answer the question.

As implied above, the number of women who were harmed in the course of botched abortions was microscopic, especially when compared to the number of babies who are killed through legal abortions.

No you aren't.

The fact that you cannot figure that out just proves I am correct. Congratulations!
You still asleep?

Because it was stupid

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
Because you lack the courage to be honest, even with yourself.

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
You are trying to dump it all into "human" when I was being technical. Not emotional.
It was stupid.

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
You are trying to dump it all into "human" when I was being technical. Not emotional.
It was stupid.
Ah yes, the technical meaning. That enables people like you to go out and murder because there is no sanctity of life. If women can kill babies born and unborn, why cant men who dont want a baby just kill the fetus that the woman wants to keep? Why should he have to pay for either the abortion or for the next 18 years child support because the woman decided to carry the "FETUS" to term?

Women would be a little more careful in their reproductive habits. That's it.
Maybe even they would learn to associate love with the man with whom they made love and with the baby human that resulted rather than have sex with strangers and kill the baby human that results. Which is better, the Republican way of the Democratic way?

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
It was stupid.
And that was the end of that lol

Maybe even they would learn to associate love with the man with whom they made love and with the baby human that resulted rather than have sex with strangers and kill the baby human that results. Which is better, the Republican way of the Democratic way?
Boy. Men sure get off Scott free from responsibility here. They can keep on freely having sex and not worrying about associating love with their sexual object.

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
It was stupid.
Ah yes, the technical meaning. That enables people like you to go out and murder because there is no sanctity of life. If women can kill babies born and unborn, why cant men who dont want a baby just kill the fetus that the woman wants to keep? Why should he have to pay for either the abortion or for the next 18 years child support because the woman decided to carry the "FETUS" to term?
What sanctity of life do you have?

Boy. Men sure get off Scott free from responsibility here. They can keep on freely having sex and not worrying about associating love with their sexual object.
The entire system is built against men. Try again.

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
It was stupid.
What sanctity of life do you have?
Partisan republicans have no idea what that actually means.

Because post-partum abortions are a thing now ... when a fetus is delivered that is obviously messed up bad, there's still time to abort ...

I think that's awful, but that's modern medicine for ya ...
No. They aren’t a thing. In fact there is no such thing.

Not really. Because in the end, a man just pays child support. A woman goes through pregnancy, possible job loss, any complications, costs associated with all that, and she becomes a single mother. Unless you are somewhat wealthy, child support is often not enough to really cover things. And not all women get it.

The one way in which I agree it is unfairly stacked against men is in the issue of father’s rights for custody.

Not really. Because in the end, a man just pays child support. A woman goes through pregnancy, possible job loss, any complications, costs associated with all that, and she becomes a single mother. Unless you are somewhat wealthy, child support is often not enough to really cover things. And not all women get it.

The one way in which I agree it is unfairly stacked against men is in the issue of father’s rights for custody.
rights is what i was referring to. AKA the system is against them lol

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
It was stupid.

I was being no less technical at all. Aren’t we talking about humans? Were you referring to kangaroo or something? Don’t be emotional unless you feel the need to be.

No you aren't.

You still asleep?

Because it was stupid
It was stupid.
And that was the end of that lol

Your refusal to answer a simple question was the end of that? Why? Because you’re afraid to look honestly at the reality of your position?

There is a case before the USSC currently that, if the Court rules with the State of Louisiana, will make getting an abortion in Louisiana somewhat more inconvenient for some women. They (some women whose home is distant) would have to drive a couple hours to an abortion clinic, rather than accessing one closer to home. Hence, we are warned that women's "reproductive freedom" is under attack.

Reproductive freedom? If a woman doesn't want to have a baby, she can decline to engage in reproductive behavior. It is free and completely safe to do so. Or if she is OK with having a baby, but doesn't want to have one with a particular man, she can shun that man, sexually. Or she can go on birth control pills, which are 99% effective when used as directed. Or she can use an IUD. Or she can insist that the man use a condom. Or she can get her "tubes tied." So, like Adam and Eve in the garden, there are a whole shitload of means she can take to exercise her "reproductive freedom" ; she just can't have an abortion, conveniently.

But what if abortion were off the table, excepting only cases where the LIFE (not the "health," which could mean anything at all) of the mother was in jeopardy, how would it impact the lives of fecund women?

Would they not seek to access one or more of the strategies mentioned above? And if such a law or decision were to come to fruition (prohibiting abortion), wouldn't it also make these strategies universally available - i.e., "free" birth control pills?

And dare we mention, abortion was a crime in almost every state prior to 1973, a crime in EVERY state a couple decades earlier, and the number of women who were severely harmed by "botched abortions" is grossly overrepresented in the current mythology. A couple woman a year in the whole country.

I submit that as much political angst as is current expended on the abortion issue is pathological. If it were completely outlawed (which would never happen - some states would approve it by law immediately after the feared USSC decision), it would not be such a big deal at all. Women would be a little more careful in their reproductive habits. That's it.

Sorry, DS. That train has left the station. If Roe is reversed, then the states decide, and several states will never outlaw abortion, which means that a woman can simply have it done in those states. Or, they can stay in Louisiana and have a D&C. Or, they can order new OTC drugs available by mail from Europe with which she can do it herself at home. but, if you want to keep tilting at windmills, be my guest. The law never had any impact anyway, other than to send a few doctors to prison.

How can they keep on freely having sex if women are selective for love, marriage and fatherhood rather than meaningless sex with strangers and a willingness to kill the baby human that results??

Forum List

Back