Zone1 What good is diversity?

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
I enjoy dining at ethnic restaurants, shopping at ethnic stores, and attending ethnic festivals. Those who do not enjoy that sort of things should not be pressured to experience it.

I like immigrants. I have been in love with a few. Those who prefer to date and marry Americans should be encouraged to do so.

If you visit the office building of a leading corporation, like Microsoft, you will see that many of the employees were born in other countries, and speak English as a second language. Nevertheless, they speak it fluently.

Winning corporations do not have outreach programs to attract a work force that "looks like America." (Corporations who were extorted to have programs like that following the George Floyd riots are phasing them out along with the jobs of those hired because of them.)

Leading corporations hire the most capable professionals and managers in the world and pay them what they need to pay them in order to attract them.

I believe that diversity is only acceptable when there is no diversity of merit. In the past in the United States many corporations only hired white male Gentiles for well paying jobs. These missed talented people, especially Jews and Orientals.

I do not believe that any organization benefits by lowering standards to hire politically favored minorities. I believe that corporations that hire on the basis of merit, qualifications, and excellence out perform those who try to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion.

What do you think?

Diversity is fine, forced diversity is not.

Hires & appointments not made on merit but according to DEI dictates are just virtue signals that represent the soft bigotry of low expectations.
You are not helping people by artificially lowering the bar for them, you are just reinforcing an entitlement mentality that prevents them from excelling on their own merits, thereby making it more unlikely they raise their own standards.

Diversity is fine, forced diversity is not.

Hires & appointments not made on merit but according to DEI dictates are just virtue signals that represent the soft bigotry of low expectations.
You are not helping people by artificially lowering the bar for them, you are just reinforcing an entitlement mentality that prevents them from excelling on their own merits, thereby making it more unlikely they raise their own standards.

Back in the nineties, I was into volunteering and looking at transitional housing programs for homeless people, and I walked into one place where they had a huge banner proclaiming, "WE DO NOT TOLERATE DIVERSITY. WE DEMAND IT".

Back then, I would have described myself as a liberal democrat if asked, and even then, I could see the obvious tone deafness of such an absurdly obvious attempt at virtue signaling.

The place where I decided I would be the best fit had an organic, un-self conscious diversity that worked very well for the two years I was there.

I enjoy dining at ethnic restaurants, shopping at ethnic stores, and attending ethnic festivals. Those who do not enjoy that sort of things should not be pressured to experience it.

I like immigrants. I have been in love with a few. Those who prefer to date and marry Americans should be encouraged to do so.

If you visit the office building of a leading corporation, like Microsoft, you will see that many of the employees were born in other countries, and speak English as a second language. Nevertheless, they speak it fluently.

Winning corporations do not have outreach programs to attract a work force that "looks like America." (Corporations who were extorted to have programs like that following the George Floyd riots are phasing them out along with the jobs of those hired because of them.)

Leading corporations hire the most capable professionals and managers in the world and pay them what they need to pay them in order to attract them.

I believe that diversity is only acceptable when there is no diversity of merit. In the past in the United States many corporations only hired white male Gentiles for well paying jobs. These missed talented people, especially Jews and Orientals.

I do not believe that any organization benefits by lowering standards to hire politically favored minorities. I believe that corporations that hire on the basis of merit, qualifications, and excellence out perform those who try to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion.

What do you think?
You have to understand what the unofficial definition of diversity means.

It means anything that runs contrary to white Western Christian culture which should be embraced while cancelling anyone representing that white Christian Western culture and destroying the said culture at any cost.

In other words, diversity is a type of cultural genocide.

Ever notice that in the blue-burbs outside of major population centers that the white guilt crowd moves as far away from "diversity" as they reasonably can?
Try putting an illegal alien in Marth's Vineyard.

Once their feet hit the ground coming off a bus, they will be relocated within 24 hours away from the rich white, democrat folk, never to be seen again while voting for people to put these people in your neighborhoods.

Asshats.

In other words, diversity is a type of cultural genocide.
By one definition I suppose you are right.

I am fascinated by other cultures, especially the cultures of those who have retained a Paleolithic way of life. By studying them we can learn about our ancestors, and consequently ourselves.

I welcome the immigration of Orientals (AKA, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese) East Indians, and Jews. They tend to be intelligent. As intelligence becomes more important to our society, economy, and technology we will need more of them to fill well paying, satisfying careers.

Last edited:
Ever notice that in the blue-burbs outside of major population centers that the white guilt crowd moves as far away from "diversity" as they reasonably can?

While maintaining easy accessibility to the good things offered by the cities -- the restaurants and shopping and cultural amenities, at least until the ferals have destroyed all of these. :laughing0301:

Yes. I have noticed it too.

For an upper middle class liberal, diversity means a Chinese American family living next door, where the son attends MIT, and the daughter studies classical ballet. It means dining in Ethiopian and Thai restaurants.

For the lower middle class whites and the working class whites those upper middle class liberals feel morally superior to, diversity means attending public schools where whites are in the minority. It means losing job opportunities to affirmative action. It means being crime victims.

For an upper middle class liberal, diversity means a Chinese American family living next door, where the son attends MIT, and the daughter studies classical ballet. It means dining in Ethiopian and Thai restaurants.

For the lower middle class whites and the working class whites those upper middle class liberals feel morally superior to, diversity means attending public schools where whites are in the minority. It means losing job opportunities to affirmative action. It means being crime victims.
That pretty much describes, to a T, the blue-burb NOtVA counties outside of DC.

By one definition I suppose you are right.

I am fascinated by other cultures, especially the cultures of those who have retained a Paleolithic way of life. By studying them we can learn about our ancestors, and consequently ourselves.

I welcome the immigration of Orientals (AKA, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese) East Indians, and Jews. They tend to be intelligent. As intelligence becomes more important to our society, economy, and technology we will need more of them to fill well paying, satisfying careers.

Its kind of odd you seem so well versed in the lefts talking points on diversity yet you use the term "Oriental". :confused:

It is interesting that Progressives are discriminating against Asians when getting into Ivy League schools because so many score so well on standardized tests.

They detest the culture that breeds such studious and hard working students and wish to destroy it.

Forum List

Back