Zone1 Always whining and complaining.

The latest whines are about women not winning as director even though the won the last 2 years and about Jamie Lee Curtis winning instead of a woman of color. Never enough no matter what happens the woke gotta complain.
Did anyone see that Wakanda movie? Its insulting that it was ever up for a nomination to begin with. No one in that movie deserves a god damn Oscar for anything! Hollywood needs to stop pandering. Wakanda forever sucked and that chick sucked as the Queen. Her character was the weirdest part of the movie. That bitch loses her cool in every single scene, which is very unqueen like.

seems a lot of threads with old white men whining today? are you joining them? i have a hard time believing you giver a ff about the oscars now do ya?
Today?

Hell... They've turned whining and complaining into a lifestyle. They've been at it for years.
I knew Sandra Bullock was going to win best actress. I would have won thousands if I bet my hunch.

I guess the Oscars is just not ready for a Big fat black woman winning for best actress.?:razz:

This story actually made "news" today. Oscars Acting Nominees All White - The Hollywood Reporter

Al Not So Sharpton has a new cause to whine and bitch about. No. Really.

Oh nozies! There are no black nominees in the top 20 spots for the Oscars this year!

Sound the alarms!

bb8ce58f0108e132680f6a706700765b_c0-151-3600-2249_s561x327.jpg

Even though the Oprah produced film "Selma" was nominated for Best Picture, Al Sharpton isn't satisfied. He's going to attempt to pull concessions from the powers that be in Hollywood by threatening to us the race-card against them. In his opinion, there weren't enough black nominees. Some are claiming it a whitewash with little or no diversity.

This is political-correctness run amok. Does Sharpton want Affirmative-Action instead of excellence to be a consideration in selecting who the Oscars picks? Is a quota system now the standard when it comes to who gets recognition? He sights a lack of diversity is at play here. Good God!!!!

I counter this BS with; Why must black films always deal with either slavery or civil rights. Are blacks always to be typecast thusly? When is the black community going to move on to showing blacks as fitting into society rather than looking from the outside?

Al Sharpton calls emergency meeting over Hollywood s all-white Oscar list - Washington Times

Trumps been acting timid on this issue but no more. And also point out how blacks are allowed to dominate the NBA and whites don't whine about that.

Let's see the lefty racists in hollywood, who will condemn America for their own racism put their oscar where their mouth is…….let all the white nominees for Oscars withdraw their names from consideration

Let's see how many would go for that…….

750x422

Let's face it. Hiring Chris Rock as host is Hollywood's way of trying to wash away the embarrassment they feel about not nominating the politically-correct quota of blacks to the awards. There has been tons of accusations of racism, and do you even think for a moment that a smart-ass like Christ Rock is going to go 3 hours without making a political statement designed to make fun of white people in general, much less the Hollywood elite?

Small chance of that.

If you think you've heard the phrase "White Privilege" too much, get ready. Because I expect most of the jokes Chris Rock will do will be about just that.

And if you thought Beyonce's tasteless half-time show was bad, get ready for more of the same.
They will be accused of tokenism and everything else in the book. It may get so bad that many of the mindless elite will grow tired of it and just walk out.

I think that will be the only reason to watch this boring broadcast. To she Hollywood Democrats taking it on the chin and not being able to do anything about it.

Chris Rock was once a 'risky' choice as Oscars host, but everybody's listening now

Hmmmm...watching the Oscars (not my choice) and what do we see....a lot of black hosts and stars.......Kevin Hart, and the entire black staff of ABC............

Yes.....as has been shown through history.....progressives take revenge on their enemies....and tonight is no different...those blacks who will make a stink about the white progressives in Hollywood not giving Oscars to blacks will be punished.......

The Blacks that you see tonight...they get it...they know that the most vindictive creature in the universe is a white liberal...........ruin their party tonight...and you will pay....

Jeez Looeez every time I flip on the convention there is some Hollywood chick yakking. Democrats areThe Party of the People as long as the people are A-Listers that donate big $dollahs$ to the Clintons.

...when I'd never watch them in the first place?

I'll tell you what...this year I will boycott the Oscars as a symbolic protest against their political bias...totally unlike the past 30 years when I ignored the Oscars because they were boring, pretentious, and irrelevant.

“These arrogant, pompous, pampered soulless individuals declare that half of Americans are racist, sexist, and bigoted for voicing our political choice-- Donald Trump.

Meryl Streep is nothing but a disgrace and others out there are just as bad or worse aka.... Jennifer Lawrence, Madonna and Miley Cyrus. “there can be no doubt that the entertainment industry does more to exploit, degrade, minimize, and stereotype women than Donald Trump or any other industry ever has.”.

Trump Fans Urge Oscar Boycott: 'Put The Perverts Out of Business'

Hollywood must be reformed or brought down.....they along with the alphabet media and our public schools are doing more harm to America than any bunch in history.

Time to take back our country...time to make America Great Again.

I don't watch that shit. When did it become part of political discussions? Do I have to start watching it now so that I have something to be outraged about? Who the fuck still watches the Oscars?

Has anyone seen all of these? I've seen one of them. I won't say which.

“Call Me by Your Name”
“Darkest Hour”
“Dunkirk”
“Get Out”
“Lady Bird”
“Phantom Thread”
“The Post”
“The Shape of Water”
“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”

I suspect that the Oscars tonight will have the worst ratings in Academy Awards history. Most of America is tired of being preached to by a bunch of rich, White-hating, Gun-grabbing hypocrites who haven't a clue about what this country was founded on. If they learned it in school they have long since had it brainwashed out of them. Some of them wish they lived in Europe or Canada, and many of us wish they did. They should go through with their promise to move there if Trump won. It would save us a lot of aggravation.

Rest assured, these people have no room to talk. After decades of looking the other way while predatory producers like Harvey Weinstein sexually-assaulted and physically abused hundreds of actresses, many of them knew what Hollywood was like all along and didn't say anything. After years of attacking Republican policies yet still supporting creeps like Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton, what little ethics and integrity they may have had has long since vanished.

One of the reasons viewers tune in to the Oscars is they want to see people they admire possibly win the biggest awards in their field. These days it's difficult to find anyone you can admire that hasn't turned political, and I think America is just plain fed up with it. If the NFL is any example the left has a gift for turning gold into excrement, so if you want to witness a dumpster fire.....tune in tonight. Many actors have discovered that a well rehearsed and delivered Trump bashing can lead to a big payday. Expect more of the same tonight. It's not well-deserved disgust, because after all, they're all actors. There is no grassroots movement here. It's just rich people trying to tell us how to think. The best spokespeople today are teenagers, but professional actors will still try to give us their best performance of a leftist version of a patriotic American. It's a coin-flip on which strawman will be the most popular target, Trump or the NRA. Both have somehow been blamed for everything bad that happens in this country by Democrats.

And the nominees are...........

198d42addf5e5e45e6b9d4228ec47239fc247db5df56e44eb8bdbc1fd42b1d97-195x195.jpg
hi
4f37f9fe9c837a3b22b03f76126e9ae0162cb4efadc725745d26cda395948878-195x195.jpg
7dc8897586f31aeea4467567c0a6b4cede846001915b057be884bd011376ec95-195x195.jpg
c5ddb65204f7e8642b66d5275df87d4a5185c593835f9f9d8f40d1cb2a028727-195x195.jpg
016c0a6c04cb780cc996ef5a5f3809c5ac86950eb854a11cc2e70b2c5515b7c7-195x195.jpg
2b54eb2188e6dcae62c53d07a2fa9eaeddad25d15486232f0df21ea102afc9e5-195x195.jpg
7cc477da4ad533276608b83b0f67523c7ca084a58aa42ffeb6d008321fe48159-195x195.jpg
e8a4d7aedb5c9168b35f5bb75b66e2c3788a3fde2bdcaacbb405712d21d7d7db-195x195.jpg
fb8a1c43266ad5260fdd2bc207e70f31c133ce567c064ceab0a1d26f39642d61-195x195.jpg

If you know anyone who has seen most of these movies, congratulations, because looking at the box-office reports, most of them haven't been seen much by moviegoers. Right now Black Panther could win best picture..for obvious political reasons..but it's not eligible for this years Oscars. I haven't seen it yet, but the buzz, most notably by film critics, is there is no homosexual content.....a big red-flag for the left. Lot's of bald spear-welding black chicks though. Maybe the next one will tone down the macho heterosexual hyperbole and feature a Transsexual superhero. We'll wait and see with baited breath. Notably....black films can get away with being racist and exhibit over the top misogynistic content because we know that Hollywood finds that acceptable. That's not a double-standard. It's just the way it is.

TGK_OscarBallot2018-web.jpg

Lower than last years record low.

Congrats, keep it up Hollywood, soon you will no longer be a "thing".

Early Oscars ratings down from 2017 telecast

Live viewership of the 90th annual Academy Awards ceremony was down significantly from the 2017 telecast, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings for ABC's nearly four-hour telecast.

No surprise. I was one who didn't watch and am frustrated because even FoxNews has to put up sound bites of the disgusting thing. The essay at Lifezette contains about every single feeling I have on them.

‘We Hate the Oscars!’ Regular People Speak Up

Academy extravaganza on Sunday night was merely a 'platform' for any 'idiotic idea out there' — readers share how they really feel.

My own feelings are not far off. A bunch of egotistical jerks who make outrageous amounts of money pretending to be people they cannot possibly be themselves kiss each others butts by awarding themselves for reading scripts and following someone else's directions.

Many more comments @ 'We Hate the Oscars!' Regular People Speak Up

Celebrities snubbed from 'In Memoriam' at Oscars

they mention Kofi Anan, President and Mrs Bush, Civil rights leaders, Senators, Billy Graham, Olympic stars, Stephen Hawking, an astronaut....

But they don't time to insert the names of people that actually worked in the Entertainment business?

opinions?

The elitists assholes at Oscars' quote the communist manifesto stating that "workers of the world unite". Remember folks, this is coming from people most of whom have never worked a day in their lives. But yes, they do like to lecture others how to work and especially how much is too much to earn from that work.

Julia Reichert invokes Communist Manifesto in ‘American Factory’ Oscar speech

Liberals/communists destroy everything they touch.

President Trump went off last night on the Oscars for giving its top prize to a foreign movie.
Trump Slams Oscars For Giving Best Picture Award to a Foreign Movie

Leftist scum don't get it and can't understand it all.

In fact, it is a drop of over 58% in terms of audience from what the previous low of the 2020 Oscars snared on February 9 last year. In terms of the key demo, the 2021 Oscars is down a crushing 64.2% in the earlier ratings from the 2020 Oscars
were watched by a mere 9.85 million, with a dismal rating of 1.9 among the 18-49 demographic.
!

Maybe it is a simple numbers issue. When insult. When you criticize. When YOU BLAME (Critical race theory developed in the 1970s and 1980s,)
current majority of the people living in the United States, with 72% of the population identifying as white...
And the FIRST person to talk is a black person ,Regina King stuns in opening Oscars speech 'I may have traded in my heels for marching boots.."

I predict that the"majority" of the minority black population are just as embarrassed, just as disappointed and really struggling to keep from
shouting "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!"
The vast majority of blacks are rationale human beings and are truly disgusted with this gross misrepresentation of this truly ignorant crowd like the Oscars, NBA, MLB,etc. We the majority i.e. WHTES are showing you dummies we are like the news anchor in the movie NETWORK...

View attachment 484196

Notice how the "woke" crowd ignored Black people at the Oscars?. One person of note that was ignored, was Larry Elder for his documentary called "Uncle Tom"

CENSORED: Larry Elder’s “Uncle Tom” film | Sharyl Attkisson

Conservative talk radio host Larry Elder says his 2020 film, "Uncle Tom: An oral history of the American black conservative," has proven popular but is being ignored by critics.

Elder says the film he executive produced is being ignored even though it achieved an International Movie Database (IMDb) viewer rating higher than others on the list.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-13-at-10.23.30-PM-758x700.png
Larry Elder
In fact, Elder collected the data and found his film, "Uncle Tom," has a higher IMDb rating than any other last 10 winners of the Academy Award award for Best Documentary.

Elder says his $500,000 film has grossed earnings more than seven times that.

Elder says, "We think we've met the criteria to submit 'Uncle Tom' to be considered for nomination for an Academy Award for Best Documentary. But despite my film's commercial and overwhelmingly positive critical viewer response, major movie/Hollywood media--'Variety,' 'Hollywood Reporter,' 'Indie Wire,' etc.--are completely ignoring it."

"Uncle Tom" Plot summary:

In a collection of intimate interviews with some of America's most provocative black conservative thinkers, Uncle Tom takes a unique look at being black in America. Featuring media personalities, ministers, civil rights activists, veterans, and a self-employed plumber, the film explores their personal journeys of navigating the world as one of America's most misunderstood political and cultural groups: The American Black Conservative. In this eye-opening film from Director Justin Malone and Executive Producer Larry Elder, Uncle Tom examines self-empowerment, individualism and rejecting the victim narrative. Uncle Tom shows us a different perspective of American History from this often ignored and ridiculed group. Written by Ryder Ansell

Larry proves that black is beautiful!

Just watch the video.....it rendered me speechless.

View attachment 632726

Apparently the left likes to stereotype blacks for some reason.

"Academy Award-winning actress Viola Davis says “you either have to be a black female version of a white ideal, or you have to be white” in order to succeed in Hollywood — an industry that claims to be liberal and inclusive. Davis is the latest in an ever growing list of Hollywood women who have accused the entertainment industry of racism and sexism.
Davis noted that many of the characters she fit the description for were drug-addicted mothers, and that the “pretty” or sexualized roles were never given to her, even when the producers were black."
In summation: Hollywood likes to stick to black stereotypes at all times in movies. Black stereotypes meaning what white people usually think blacks should be like.

Just act like you're in the groove and remember that all blacks can sing and dance.....at least in movies.

View attachment 632728

The latest whines are about women not winning as director even though the won the last 2 years and about Jamie Lee Curtis winning instead of a woman of color.

When Ms. Curtis was announced as the winner, her "woman of color" competitor did not smile or applaud.

Furthermore, another "woman of color" was wearing an outfit that blocked the view of people sitting behind her.

a. She did not care.
b. The people behind her did not dare complain.

I stated the facts that the ratings went even lower. That isn't whining, it is stating the facts.

Forum List

Back