What Do You Want to Happen After You Die?

What Do You Want to Happen After You Die?

• Total voters
Everyone would WANT to go to heaven, but since there is no afterlife you just cease to exist. Kind of like you were before you were born.

You mean like this?

Jeremiah 1:5

New Living Translation

5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”

I was having this discussion earlier and I just thought that it would be an interesting poll. Me personally, I want to go to Heaven to be with the Lord and my past lost family members who I really miss and once I get there I do not want to come back to earth either. What about you? I guess with Spooktember coming up next month and starting to get into the Halloween season already, I start thinking about death a little bit more lol
I don't know if Heaven is the same for everybody or what it might be like, but that's where I am headed. And if I am assigned to come back to Earth as an angel--I do have a sense there there are some among us from time to time--I play with speculation about who they might send me to help.

I don't know what Heaven should be but I do hope I am able to spend time with people I love there and I hope there are interesting people to meet and interesting things to do and see. Oh, and of course I hope there are dogs, cats, and horses.

But he is already with you right now always!

If only you knew how right you were... He is my greatest friend after all. :)

Whatever happens, I won't complain.

Even if you wind up in Hell? I don't think you will... but it's just a question.

I fear the Lord even as I want to be welcomed into the next life.

Me too except I more respect the Lord than fear the Lord. I know Him to be a big kid (for the most part unless He has to get tough) just like me as I sort of know Him on a personal level. :) (And I am made in His image after all.)

What do I want to happen? A nap.

Like an eternal one?

I think Joe Biden wants to come back as a bicycle seat..,.:cool:

So, how are you planning to not die? So far you're the only one who voted that.

You mean like this?

Jeremiah 1:5​

New Living Translation​

5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
So Jeremiah wrote that God picked Jeremiah to be a prophet before Jeremiah was born. Only a little self serving methinks.

I've always liked Andy Weir's "The Egg" -- give it a listen/watch and let me know what you think.

Btw I should also mention that if anybody wants to reach immortality while still here on earth should watch the movie Tuck Everlasting.

According to most Jewish sources, the vast majority of people will get eternal blessing. Very few people will suffer eternally.

But the vast majority of people have sins. I observe Sabbath, Holidays, most Kosher -- but I am not 100% observant. Thus, prior to eternal blessing, the vast majority of people will experience a soul cleansing process.

In Judaism, very few people curse others by wishing this experience upon them. Why? Because this process will be almost universal happening to the vast majority of people.

I apologize for bringing it up here. I also have a thread on the issue A truly infernal experience.

Last edited:
As long as I am not obliged to mix with people who are like the majority of those here , I shall me more than pleased . If God has any positive feelings about them , he is a real time waster . Reputedly his preferred creations were entities we know as Michael , Gabriel ,Lucifer and a handful more . With the exception of Lucifer, the others seem boring, have achieved nothing and seem pale versions of himself .Failures .

We know exactly what happens to you after you die. What you want to happen is irrelevant

I was having this discussion earlier and I just thought that it would be an interesting poll. Me personally, I want to go to Heaven to be with the Lord and my past lost family members who I really miss and once I get there I do not want to come back to earth either. What about you? I guess with Spooktember coming up next month and starting to get into the Halloween season already, I start thinking about death a little bit more lol

I think reincarnation sounds appealing. I’d like to try out the life of other species. I’d probably be a good worm or possibly a fun lobster to be around. Now the jackpot would be a domestic cat. Out of all living creatures they have it the best except for an unspayed female cat if you know what I mean. The concept of heaven seems weird and so unrealistic. There just has to be a downside.

Forum List

Back