A truly infernal experience.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
On June 7, 2016, Colin Nathaniel Scott, 23, was walking with his sister through a restricted area of Yellowstone National Park. He slipped into a pool of acidic water at temperature of 93C (200F). He was boiled alive, and his body was dissolved by the acid:

Boiling alive s the most extreme pain a person can experience in this life. The worst pain lasts for about 8 seconds. After that, there is residual pain lasting about 3 minutes until the person passes out.

According to Talmud, most people will experience punishment lasting from one year to several millennia followed by eternal blessing in the afterlife. A few people will experience greater blessing without the preceding punishment. Very few people will suffer eternally. This belief has been adopted by Catholic and Protestant Churches, as well as by Islam. Thus, this belief is shared by about 4 billion people.

The experience of the soul during the process is equivalent to the greatest suffering in life multiplied by 60. But how is it possible to quantify feeling such as pain?

Physical pain is perceived by nociceptors. According to Wikipedia, "a nociceptor is a sensory neuron that responds to damaging or potentially damaging stimuli by sending "possible threat" signals to the spinal cord and the brain." Most nociceptors are located on human skin. There are about 20 nociceptors per square millimeter of skin. Overall, a human contains about 40 million nociceptors. Only 3 million of them are responsible for sensing noxious heat.

We can define one pain unit (pu) as the experience created by one nociceptor sending maximal-strength signal to the brain. Similar pain may be experienced by tens of thousands of nociceptors sending lower-strength signals to the brain.

An example of a mild pain is an injection for blood test or vaccination -- only 2 to 3 mechanical nociceptors are pierced by the needle. Thus the pain is about 2 to 3 pain units.

An example of severe pain is amputation of a digit of a small finger. Similar pain would be experienced if someone's digit of a small finger is submerged in boiling water. That pain has a magnitude of 1,000 to 1,500 pain units corresponding to the number of nociceptors affected.

An example of extremely severe pain is amputation of a foot. Similar pain would be experienced if someone's foot is submerged in boiling water. That pain has a magnitude of 60,000 to 100,000 pain units corresponding to the number of nociceptors affected. Prior to discovery of anesthetic in 1840s, such surgeries took on average half a minute.

Falling into hot acidic spring is an example of unimaginable pain -- far beyond most other extremely severe pain. This pain has magnitude of 4,000,000 to 5,000,000 pain units corresponding to the total number of thermal and chemical nociceptors. The most extreme pain would last about 8 seconds after which the nociceptors stop functioning. Residual pain of tens of thousands of units lasts about 3 minutes.

Pain of 250,000,000 units is infernal pain. No one can experience that pain during their lifetime. Many people do not believe in Afterlife, yet it can not be disproved.

On June 7, 2016, Colin Nathaniel Scott, 23, was walking with his sister through a restricted area of Yellowstone National Park. He slipped into a pool of acidic water at temperature of 93C (200F). He was boiled alive, and his body was dissolved by the acid:

Boiling alive s the most extreme pain a person can experience in this life. The worst pain lasts for about 8 seconds. After that, there is residual pain lasting about 3 minutes until the person passes out.

Don't tell me about pain. Did you ever get it caught in your zipper?

Very few people will suffer eternally. This belief has been adopted by Catholic and Protestant Churches, as well as by Islam. Thus, this belief is shared by about 4 billion people.
I have no knowledge of such a belief in Islam. What is your source?

Restricted area, huh? Not too good with sign reading, I guess.

Well, in Renaissance England a cook who poisoned an entire dinner party was boiled, but they gave him a choice: head first or feet first.

Intimate organs have more nociceptors per mm2 then most other areas.

But eyelids have higher nociceptor density then any other part of the body.

Dont I know it!!!
Had a growth on my eyelid that needed to be removed and when he stuck the needle in I about jumped out of the chair and beat his ass!!!
Although that wasnt even close to the worst pain I've ever experienced.

Dont I know it!!!
Had a growth on my eyelid that needed to be removed and when he stuck the needle in I about jumped out of the chair and beat his ass!!!
Although that wasnt even close to the worst pain I've ever experienced.
Indeed, eyelid has 7,000 nociceptors per mm2, while most of the body has about 20 nociceptors/mm2.

Richard Dawkins has time to repent and publicly denounce his former views.

He is an atheist who has influenced hundreds of thousands of people.

Most Orthodox Jews, Catholics, Orthodox Christians, and Muslims would agree that he is likely to suffer millions of years.

Cool 🤓

Forum List

Back