Zone1 what do you think of name days?

what about. you?

• i dont know wht a name day is

• i know my name day

• i even celebrate it

• i even give presents for name days

Results are only viewable after voting.
- and that has what to do w/ other people's choice for example childhood dementia for life.

It has to do with the topic of this thread -- name days of saints.

St. Gianna's feast day, or name day, is coming up, not too far in the future. -- April 28th.

Not surprised this went WHHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Apparently there is. :laughing0301:

"The Saint Gabriel Possenti Society was a U.S. organization promoting the public recognition of Gabriel and lobbying for his designation by the Vatican as the "patron saint of hand gunners". The society was founded by gun lobbyist John M. Snyder, who began his effort in 1987.[16]

According to the society, Gabriel's marksmanship and proficiency with handguns allegedly saved the village of Isola del Gran Sasso in 1860. This urban legend says that he scared away a band of 20 Garibaldi Red Shirts after shooting a lizard at a distance. Gabriel was reported to be in the later stages of tuberculosis at the time.[17][a]"

Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows - Wikipedia

Patron Saint of Handguns? St. Gabriel Possenti — Catholic Faith On the Move

View attachment 913006
1860 would have been a black powder handgun. vs a lizard?

so do i

and there are a out 10000000000001 of them!

Thanks for this thread. I never knew I had a name day. I was named for the shortened version of my aunt's name, but we were marginally raised Methodist, and they don't really get into the saints, as far as I know, so it never even occurred to me to look to see if the long version of my name was a saint. Hmmmmmmmmmm...........

As I prepare to receive the Sacraments of the Catholic church, of course I'm learning a lot about the saint I'm taking as my Patroness.

Thanks for this thread. I never knew I had a name day. I was named for the shortened version of my aunt's name, but we were marginally raised Methodist, and they don't really get into the saints, as far as I know, so it never even occurred to me to look to see if the long version of my name was a saint. Hmmmmmmmmmm...........

As I prepare to receive the Sacraments of the Catholic church, of course I'm learning a lot about the saint I'm taking as my Patroness.

i am pleased to hear!

in the Christian world we all have name days, whether we know it or not!

when christopher (and several other big saints) were decanonized many of us lost our " name days."
what happened to christopher? ---isn't he saint of uhm....."travelers"? Isn't his image on special
medals? Are all those medals rendered "useless"? WHO CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA? do decanonized saints lose their pensions ----and wings?

so your patron saint is Gianna Beretta Molla, born in 1922 near Milano

👸👸👸

i have about 25 patron saints ….

among them two famous ones

…. Bernard of Clairveaux
and the Saint Bernard who invented those dogs who saved lifes in the Alps

what happened to christopher? ---isn't he saint of uhm....."travelers"? Isn't his image on special
medals? Are all those medals rendered "useless"? WHO CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA? do decanonized saints lose their pensions ----and wings?
1969, paul vi revised the litergical calendar.

chris and the others, (i'm looking for the list. i think patrick himself is on it) were removed from the calendar. i guess they are still saints (and i'm marching with the neighborhood irish club on patty's day) but no day.

1969, paul vi revised the litergical calendar.

chris and the others, (i'm looking for the list. i think patrick himself is on it) were removed from the calendar. i guess they are still saints (and i'm marching with the neighborhood irish club on patty's day) but no day.
Even I wear green on st. paddy's day----SHEEEEESH. I actually recall paddy's demotion--
I was DEVASTATED

Even I wear green on st. paddy's day----SHEEEEESH. I actually recall paddy's demotion--
I was DEVASTATED
my father wore a 1 oz gold st christopher medal. i still wear it to family events, funerals and such. after all, we are all travelers on this world.

one famous patron saint …

Bernard of Aosta and Menthon …

who gave his name to those life.saving dogs

As did Mao Zedong, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Fidel Castro, and Kim Il Sung.

as did jesus who taught liberation theology, self determination ... than denial and servitude.

* and was not a religious zealot as those that never belonged.

1860 would have been a black powder handgun. vs a lizard?

Sure thing. I have two BP handguns, a replica Colt 1860 Army in .44 and a replica 1858 Remington, in .36 caliber. Both are pretty accurate up to 50 yards, even better when you use a conical bullet instead of a ball.

This Twitter feed says he used a .36 cal black powder 1851 Colt Navy revolver..

1709750806795.jpeg

Forum List

Back