Zone1 Does this Eclipse Have Spiritual Significance to You

Of course it's special.
I never meant to imply otherwise.
But not Halley's comet special.
AND certainly not "word of God" special.

I just had to force my kids out the door to see it.
First they were bored
then totality came (we were in the path for 3.15 minutes.
and they got AWED

I videoed the event.
Good for you. You never know what is going to trigger the curiosity, desire and drive that produces the next brilliant scientist. :) (And if your kids are led into other professions, they will never ever forget the experience you gave them.)

Really???????? You are saying there were no eclipses before man??? So dinosaurs didn't have eclipses??? and eclipses will cease to exist when man does???

SMH
That is a distortion of what the post says. Go look it up; Eclipses of the sun possible to view from earth are not something that always has occurred nor always will occur.
Some have said I am so old I was there when the "great flood" happened in the Bible but nobody has suggested (yet) that I was around before there were humans on Earth. But I rather think eclipses of the moon and sun were happening as long as there has been a sun and Earth's moon in our galaxy.

One interesting fact is a fairly recent school of thought called
'astroarcheology' or 'archeoastronomy' in which those who study really REALLY ancient history can use our now known dates of eclipses to better identify the specific point in time certain archeological artifacts, writing, etc. were produced. Eclipses were as rare a phenomenon--probably terrifying to ancient people--and they were noted/mentioned/described in ancient texts. By calculating the exact time that these people would have seen an eclipse where they were, we can now much more accurately date the manuscripts/artifacts they left behind.

Fascinating stuff to somebody like me.
Go look it up; Eclipses of the sun possible to view from earth are not something that always has occurred nor always will occur.

That is a distortion of what the post says. Go look it up; Eclipses of the sun possible to view from earth are not something that always has occurred nor always will occur.

Go look it up; Eclipses of the sun possible to view from earth are not something that always has occurred nor always will occur.
I would not know where to begin to look something like that up as I simply don't believe your belief about that is accurate. Nor have I EVER seen anybody who has studied even the most elementary science who would offer that opinion until now.

But I'm willing to learn. If you have a credible source I can go to in order to look it up, please let me know what it is.

Otherwise I don't know how you could possibly know. It's like the time old question of "If a tree falls in the forest, if there is nobody to hear it, does it make a sound?" (That is answered as credibly as anybody can by the guy who said if a tree falls in the forest, somewhere a chihuahua 100 miles away will bark.)

Last edited:
They didn't always happen and they won't always happen. It is only at this period that humans are present that they happen. Interesting co-incidence.

I didn't distort anything, but that's how your post reads. ^^^

I do agree eclipses and other events do happen outside of our viewing, but that would depend on time of day and actual location.

I didn't distort anything, but that's how your post reads. ^^^

I do agree eclipses and other events do happen outside of our viewing, but that would depend on time of day and actual location.
As long as there has been a moon and an Earth in our solar system, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say eclipses happened with the same frequency and predictability as they do now. It's just that the dinosaurs or whatever existed before them had no way to figure them out and probably didn't pay any attention to them. I'm sure ancient people, before the first scientists started tracking this stuff, were terrified by eclipses and did think they were some supernatural occurrence instead of an entirely natural and predictable phenomenon.

Solar and lunar eclipses are probably a whole lot more common on Saturn with its 82 moons. :)

THIS event wont be repeated for 300 years. America will be a memory

Tell me when was the last time He wrote His Name dead center across this nation

The aleph and the tav

View attachment 929163

OK now I see what you were alluding to with your thread. Would have been nice to have included this in the OP.

But these events took place over several years as listed on the pic.

I do wonder how many people here, who claim to be Christian, think this country will be ALLOWED to continue down this slippery slope of perversion and violence before God intervenes.

I believe, as a Christian, that God is about done waiting for us to repent.

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; and that His justice will not sleep forever

THIS is an abomination whether you agree or not

View attachment 929159

^^^^This I do agree, not just the US, but also the world. Judgement day will come to all

But the “Great North American Eclipse” of 2024 is more than just an historic astronomical event. For a variety of reasons, it is considered a prophetic event:
• It occurs on the eve of the biblical New Year, Nisan 1.
• Its path runs diagonally opposite of an eclipse seven years ago, to form a giant ‘X’ across the continental US.
• Its path crosses over a large number of cities with biblical names.
• Its path crosses through an area that will see a plague-like explosion of insects that has not occurred in two centuries.
• Visible next to the eclipse will be an unusually bright comet that last appeared 70 years ago.
And more.
To appreciate the prophetic significance of the eclipse, a review of America’s history and role in God’s redemptive plan for Israel is in order.

OK now I see what you were alluding to with your thread. Would have been nice to have included this in the OP.
How could you miss it? I wrote this in the OP:

I do. I find it significant that God has written His Name across this nation over 7 years.

The first was a warning. Then 7 years to repent and return to God. Now the judgement on this country

Just wondering what some of you believe, if anything about this eclipse.

I do. I find it significant that God has written His Name across this nation over 7 years.

The first was a warning. Then 7 years to repent and return to God. Now the judgement on this country.

Nope

We'll see.

I bought a nice telescope about 6 years ago. Used but nice.
Give it the date, time, and your coordinates and it will lock on to what you want to see and track it.
Since I got it I've been unable to see several astronomical events because of clouds.
Travelled as far a 75 miles to get dark sky but stupid clouds...

I set my unit up and told it to find the moon.
been tracking the moon since noon.
Got the filters on and recording the event.

If it don't could up i'll have a nice video.
If it does? Well then...I'll have to assume

View attachment 929142

The last time I set my unit up I had a boy. ;)

But these events took place over several years as listed on the pic.

^^^^This I do agree, not just the US, but also the world. Judgement day will come to all
The Great Tribulation is also called, The Time of JACOB'S Trouble

"Jacob" is Israel.

America is the most powerful Christian nation the world has ever seen. We are also Israel (Joseph, specifically).

This eclipse is a warning to America, not the world

Just wondering what some of you believe, if anything about this eclipse.

The first was a warning. Then 7 years to repent and return to God. Now the judgement on this country.

People rushing outside to witness what they can't see :)Yeah,strikes me as vain

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all of the time
And when you're not you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife of a close friend, and....

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you