• i dont know wht a name day is

• i know my name day

• i even celebrate it

• i even give presents for name days

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
i have always been interestd in name days?

what about you?

btw …..

your nAme day is the day, when your patrom saint died

what about you?

btw …..

when christopher (and several other big saints) were decanonized many of us lost our " name days."

what about you?

btw …..

Is there a patron saint of guns and ammunition? If there is, count me in.

1709720108292.png

there probably is

Apparently there is. :laughing0301:

"The Saint Gabriel Possenti Society was a U.S. organization promoting the public recognition of Gabriel and lobbying for his designation by the Vatican as the "patron saint of hand gunners". The society was founded by gun lobbyist John M. Snyder, who began his effort in 1987.[16]

According to the society, Gabriel's marksmanship and proficiency with handguns allegedly saved the village of Isola del Gran Sasso in 1860. This urban legend says that he scared away a band of 20 Garibaldi Red Shirts after shooting a lizard at a distance. Gabriel was reported to be in the later stages of tuberculosis at the time.[17][a]"

Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows - Wikipedia

Patron Saint of Handguns? St. Gabriel Possenti — Catholic Faith On the Move

1709723963820.jpeg

"The Saint Gabriel Possenti Society was a U.S. organization promoting the public recognition of Gabriel and lobbying for his designation by the Vatican as the "patron saint of hand gunners". The society was founded by gun lobbyist John M. Snyder, who began his effort in 1987.[16]

According to the society, Gabriel's marksmanship and proficiency with handguns allegedly saved the village of Isola del Gran Sasso in 1860. This urban legend says that he scared away a band of 20 Garibaldi Red Shirts after shooting a lizard at a distance. Gabriel was reported to be in the later stages of tuberculosis at the time.[17][a]"

View attachment 913006

Interesting. I enjoy learning about the saints that I've never heard of.!

View attachment 913006

Interesting. I enjoy learning about the saints that I've never heard of.!

i thought so!

I just learned this year about St Gianna Molla, patroness of the unborn and the ProLife Movement, who died in childbirth to save her child's life. She turned down an abortion at the risk of her own life. I have been donating monthly to a maternity home in North Dakota which gives women the choice of saving their child's life over aborting their baby. They can move to the St Gianna and Pietro Molla Maternity home for at least a year to give birth and learn a lot of life skills that will help them raise healthy children and form healthy lives.

Forum List

Back