Zone1 What do you do whilst monitoring this board

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
I listen to the radio....currently BBC world service live on the computer.....a left leaning outfit but they do have some in-depth and interesting reports....one just has to be able to sift the chaff.

Sometimes I also sip on a whiskey.... makes me very aggressive but it also allows me to not pay too much attention to all the stoopids....this board has a lot of stuooopids.

Usually I drink bourbon but they didnt have any on sale this week...I found a bottle of Powers Irish Whiskey for $15 dollars though....it usually runs $30 a bottle. Very smooth.

I pity those who do not or cannot drink....I did read some new reports on how drinking too much can lead to cognitive decline.

Moderation is the key ...I never have more than 2 shots.

“I drink to make other people more interesting.” —Ernest Hemingway

.I did read some new reports on how drinking too much can lead to cognitive decline.
How long did it take them to figure that out? LMAO. I figured it out after about the third shot the first time I ever drank alcohol. My cognitive abilities disappeared soon after the third. My ability to control my nausea was lost at close to the same time.

I often go back and forth between here and my quick books program.

The other day, between it and visiting the race and racism forum, I had racked up a bill for 26 billion dollars in payroll taxes.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” —Dean Martin

Watch TV, scratch my ass, pick my nose, ponder the great mysteries of the world, the usual I suppose.

I listen to the radio....currently BBC world service live on the computer.....a left leaning outfit but they do have some in-depth and interesting reports....one just has to be able to sift the chaff.

Sometimes I also sip on a whiskey.... makes me very aggressive but it also allows me to not pay too much attention to all the stoopids....this board has a lot of stuooopids.

Usually I drink bourbon but they didnt have any on sale this week...I found a bottle of Powers Irish Whiskey for $15 dollars though....it usually runs $30 a bottle. Very smooth.

I pity those who do not or cannot drink....I did read some new reports on how drinking too much can lead to cognitive decline.

I whittle whistles for widdle children.

You monitor the board?

I look at the dozens of replies and see if there is anyone worth engaging with...usually the answer is no. Then I move on to another board or Wordle/Quordle

I am usually listening to music working on a project.

Right now I am rebuilding an altimeter.

What’s that? Like The Golden Compass ?

No, it is an instrument used in airplanes to determine your height above the ground. Which is important because flying into the ground is bad.......

Cleaning all my guns, making ammunition, trying to communicate with alien intelligence in deep space.

No, it is an instrument used in airplanes to determine your height above the ground. Which is important because flying into the ground is bad.......
Totally off-topic, but I've just been casually browsing used aircraft listings lately, and it doesn't seem like their prices have went off the charts like used cars.

Totally off-topic, but I've just been casually browsing used aircraft listings lately, and it doesn't seem like their prices have went off the charts like used cars.

No. Owning an airplane is a very expensive hobby. Many are owned by groups of friends. Two years ago I did a major upgrade to my avionics and that set me back 30,000. And that was with my good friend rate!

No. Owning an airplane is a very expensive hobby. Many are owned by groups of friends. Two years ago I did a major upgrade to my avionics and that set me back 30,000. And that was with my good friend rate!

Well, yeah, I know that owning one is expensive.

I'm talking about just buying a used aircraft. Just browsing around, flight worthy listings just weren't off the charts like I thought they'd be, compared to the way automobiles have taken a hit.

But, yeah, I know the difference between owning and maintaining something like that versus buying one. Oh yes indeed. Heh heh.

Well, yeah, I know that owning one is expensive.

I'm talking about just buying a used aircraft.

Used aircraft come with problems.

Always.

Now, if you have an aircraft whose history is well documented, with maintenance records from a high reputation FBO, those used aircraft bring a premium.

They also rarely make it into a classified ad. Those are sold with a phone call for good money.

Used aircraft come with problems.

Always.

Now, if you have an aircraft whose history is well documented, with maintenance records from a high reputation FBO, those used aircraft bring a premium.

They also rarely make it into a classified ad. Those are sold with a phone call for good money.

Yeah. Pretty much. The newest one I was looking at was a 2011. Even it had some issues. (that were actually mentioned)

All in all, I was looking at thirty year old aircraft. Cessnas mainly. Just little two-seaters.

Found some interesting kits, too.

Forum List

Back