What Constitutional Rights Apply to an Unborn Fetus: Judicial Interpretation as opposed to Legal/JudicialPhilosophy

The fetus in any state does not have rights of personhood. if it did than the government of a state that bans the procedure of abortion would be able to restrict the travel of any pregnant woman who would leave the state to get an abortion.

your similarly situated argument is meaningless until the fetus is grated the rights of personhood and since that will never happen that particular argument is moot.

We have two sets of laws, one regarding property, and the other regarding human beings. If it is property, then the owner of that property is solely responsible for it and can not force ownership of it to another.

Which is it? Property or Human life?

We have two sets of laws, one regarding property, and the other regarding human beings. If it is property, then the owner of that property is solely responsible for it and can not force ownership of it to another.

You could about equally be asking that question today about a gestating human being, or a couple of centuries ago, about a black man held a a slave.

Just because a fertilized ovum is human life does not mean it is a person.

Just because a fertilized ovum is human life does not mean it is a person.
Then it’s human property, like the Slave was. 3/5th a human?

And why is an 8 + months gestated fetus not similarly situated to a newborn?

Then it’s human property, like the Slave was. 3/5th a human?

And why is an 8 + months gestated fetus not similarly situated to a newborn?
Why do you think human cells cannot be property?

Henrietta Lacks is considered the immortal woman because cultures of her human cells have been used in medical research for decades now. According to your "logic" those human cells should be afforded all the rights of personhood even though the person who was Henrietta Lacks is long dead

Why do you think human cells cannot be property?

Henrietta Lacks is considered the immortal woman because cultures of her human cells have been used in medical research for decades now. According to your "logic" those human cells should be afforded all the rights of personhood even though the person who was Henrietta Lacks is long dead

Upon her death. Hopefully she “consented” to this, because even the dead have certain rights, more than you afford the living.

Upon her death. Hopefully she “consented” to this, because even the dead have certain rights, more than you afford the living.
You didn't answer the question

Are those cell cultures endowed with all the rights of personhood?

You didn't answer the question

Are those cell cultures endowed with all the rights of personhood?

The person in possession of them sure as 💩 does. So I guess the fetus, who possesses the same does as well. Geez, give me a hard one next time.

The person in possession of them sure as 💩 does. So I guess the fetus, who possesses the same does as well. Geez, give me a hard one next time.
So then those cells should be able to collect a paycheck for all the work they have done? Can collect Social Security? Can vote?

Tell me what about frozen embryos? Should the parents who froze those "people" be arrested for child abuse?

Your argument holds no water.

So then those cells should be able to collect a paycheck for all the work they have done? Can collect Social Security? Can vote?

Tell me what about frozen embryos? Should the parents who froze those "people" be arrested for child abuse?

Your argument holds no water.

Interesting you used a black woman for your clump of cells example. Seems I’ve heard that argument before.

Thank god Abraham Lincoln wasn’t aborted.

Interesting you used a black woman for your clump of cells example. Seems I’ve heard that argument before.

Thank god Abraham Lincoln wasn’t aborted.
Unlike you IDGAF about the color of a person's skin. And FYI my mother was Black you racist fuck.

Unlike you IDGAF about the color of a person's skin. And FYI my mother was Black you racist fuck.

Then understand your own damn argument!

You are trying to equate, an adult, consenting to the use of her body for the good of others, to somehow equal the taking of another’s life.

And, no, and individual cell is not the same as the collective IN BOTH CASES.

🤦‍♂️

Yet I understand invitro fertilised eggs are frozen. Has murder been committed?
Then you don’t understand anything, and are probably too stupid to warrant any attempt at correction, if you think human beings are “eggs.”

Then understand your own damn argument!

You are trying to equate, an adult, consenting to the use of her body for the good of others, to somehow equal the taking of another’s life.

And, no, and individual cell is not the same as the collective IN BOTH CASES.

🤦‍♂️
She did not consent Dipshit.

A fertilized ovum is a single cell and you say it has rights of personhood so why not Henrietta's cells?

Then you don’t understand anything, and are probably too stupid to warrant any attempt at correction, if you think human beings are “eggs.”
I certainly don't think a fertilised egg has human rights. But you didn't answer. Is murder committed when fertilised eggs are frozen?

She did not consent Dipshit.

A fertilized ovum is a single cell and you say it has rights of personhood so why not Henrietta's cells?

Then what happened to her was worse than rape!

Henrietta’s cells are within a living human being, just as the fetus is made up of multiple cells. And yes, at a minimum, they both have a right to live.

Forum List

Back