What are you reading?

Angelo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's so funny Angelo
No offense intended...I see the Bible from a realist's perspective, and it just struck me as
amusing that someone would write a book about Noah's Ark, and even funnier that anyone would
be interested in reading it.

That being said, perpetuating myths is fine as long as it's not in an educational setting.

InstantOn

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Me the People about The Constitution. I'm also rereading The German War about the German Homefront during WWII, an excellent history.

Angelo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recommended non-fiction....
Permanent Record by Edward Snowden
In The Company of Shadows by Kevin Shipp
Choosing the Light by Cody Snodgres

Preacher

Gold Member
Reaction score
What's so funny Angelo
No offense intended...I see the Bible from a realist's perspective, and it just struck me as
amusing that someone would write a book about Noah's Ark, and even funnier that anyone would
be interested in reading it.

That being said, perpetuating myths is fine as long as it's not in an educational setting.
It's not about Noah's Ark lol. Its a prepper series where the NWO takes over and its set from a christian families point of view etc..I didn't care for all the religion in it as I am not a christian but it was a good series overall.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Currently it's Where Nobody Knows Your Name by John Feinstein. It's an intriguing look at MLB at the Triple A level of the minor leagues circa 2012. I recommend this one HIGHLY to any baseball fans, or sports fans in general.

Tommy Tainant

Gold Member
Reaction score
People turning to the classics now they have time on their hands. Ive just started with " The Good Companions" by Mr Priestley. It has only just come back into print. Two chapters in and its leisurely style takes a bit of reader adjustment.

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh My, what am I not reading! Read 2-3 a week, not little books either. Read a few Dale Brown lately.

Reading "Black Elk Speaks" again, read many times.

Gdjjr

Gold Member
Reaction score
Finished "Blood Memory" by Greg Iles- excellent story about child molestation set in the south (as his stories usually are) - it lays bare some probably too true scenarios hidden behind the opulence and arrogance of people who believe they are superior to others and others are just here to fulfill their desires.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am reading a biography about Yogi Berra

Gdjjr

Gold Member
Reaction score
I' m currently reading "Uncommon Valor", by Mary McCollum. Well written and (if true) eye opening.

A couple of weeks ago I read "The Rag" by Michael Connelly. (he authored The Lincoln Lawyer and the Bosch series books). Not his usual style and was a little too red, white and blue, ciss-boom-bah for my tastes. It's an apocolyptic style story about a "militia" that saved the US after it was taken over by "communist" and jihadist after an EMP attack. A better story in that vein was "One Second After".

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
Reaction score
I'm reading Skybowl, the third book in the Dragon Star series by Melanie Rawn. This is a sequel trilogy to her trilogy Dragon Prince. They are decent fantasy books.

Preacher

Gold Member
Reaction score
American Carnage, on the front lines of the republican civil war and the rise of President Trump by Tim Alberta. Fascinating so far starts with McCain and his loss to Obama and shows just how badly people hated McCain even in the GOP etc. I am now into early 2010 when the Tea Party sweeps the midterms.

gtopa1

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Wind That Shakes the Barley...James Barke...about Robbie Burns. Just starting the first of a five volume set. One needs to read it while hearing it as a Scotsman would sound; not unlike in an Old Movie like Greyfriars Bobby.......

...at least that's how I'm "hearing" it.

Greg

Last edited:

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List