What are you reading?

I highly recommend anything by John Lescroart.
Books | John Lescroart

This is one of my favorites....

betrayal-550.jpg

When Dismas Hardy agrees to clean up the caseload of recently disappeared attorney Charlie Bowen, he thinks it will be easy. But one of the cases is far from small-time - the appeal to overturn the murder conviction of National Guard reservist Evan Scholler, who has been sentenced to life without parole for the murder of an ex-Navy SEAL and private contractor named Ron Nolan. Two rapid-fire events in Iraq conspired to bring the men into fatal conflict: Nolan's relationship with Evan's girlfriend, Tara, a beautiful schoolteacher back home in the states, followed by a deadly incident in which Nolan's apparent mistake results in the death of an innocent Iraqi family as well as seven men in Evan's platoon. As the murky relationship between the U.S. government and its private contractors plays out in the personal drama of these two men, and the consequences for Evan become a desperate matter of life and death, Dismas Hardy begins to uncover a terrible and perilous truth that takes him far beyond the case and into the realm of assassination and treason.
I've read a coupe of his books. Good story teller.

I'm re-reading The Terminal List by Jack Carr- excellent story!

On his last combat deployment, Lieutenant Commander James Reece’s entire team was killed in a catastrophic ambush. But when those dearest to him are murdered on the day of his homecoming, Reece discovers that this was not an act of war by a foreign enemy but a conspiracy that runs to the highest levels of government.

Now, with no family and free from the military’s command structure, Reece applies the lessons that he’s learned in over a decade of constant warfare toward avenging the deaths of his family and teammates. With breathless pacing and relentless suspense, Reece ruthlessly targets his enemies in the upper echelons of power without regard for the laws of combat or the rule of law.

Currently about 1/2 way through The Irishman, by Charles Brandt- it's an entertaining and maybe eye opening *documentary* about Jimmy Hoffa's rise to fame as told by The Irishman, Frank Sheeran who became a close friend to Hoffa and a few in "organized crime".

Almost finished with Trigger Warning by William Johnstone. I love most of his books, his western's aren't my kind of thing but most of his other books are very entertaining. This one is definitely right up my ally.

I just finished The Old Man by Thomas Perry- just started Deal Breaker by Harlen Coben

Just finished "Stay Close" by Harlan Coben. As is usually the case with his stories it offered a great deal of insight into the stereo typical urban dweller in the NJ area- in this case, on the surface, a stereo typical soccer mom whose past catches up with her.
He's an excellent story teller with plots and plot twists that keep the pages turning.

I've started "One Good Deed" by David Baldacci. I'm really liking it so far. The style is not typical for for Baldacci as this is more in the vein of the era of the story (post WW2). Typically, his stories are more modern in setting and characters. It's one of those I don't want to stop reading, but, I make myself stop because I don't really want it to end.

I’m actually writing a book on how I’m gonna retake Boston over

Just read this-- online. Texas Monthly usually has some pretty good stories and this is one of them

“I Would Only Rob Banks for My Family”

Scott Catt seemed like an ordinary dad—hardworking, responsible, devoted to his son and daughter—but he had a very strange secret. And so did his children.

I finished "One Good Deed"- it's one of those I had to make myself stop reading because I didn't want it to end-

I just started "The True Story of The Bilderberg Group" by Davis Estulin

Delving into a world once shrouded in complete mystery and impenetrable security, this investigative report provides a fascinating account of the annual meetings of the world’s most powerful people—the Bilderberg Group. Since its inception in 1954 at the Bilderberg Hotel in the small Dutch town of Oosterbeek, the Bilderberg Group has been comprised of European prime ministers, American presidents, and the wealthiest CEOs of the world, all coming together to discuss the economic and political future of humanity. The working press has never been allowed to attend, nor have statements ever been released on the attendees' conclusions or discussions, which have ramifications on the citizens of the world. Using methods that resemble the spy tactics of the Cold War—and in several instances putting his own life on the line—the author did what no one else has managed to achieve: he learned what was being said behind the closed doors of the opulent hotels and has made it available to the public. This second edition includes an entirely new chapter and updated information on topics such as an earlier attempt to break up Canada and the portents of a North American union.

https://www.amazon.com/True-Story-B...f+the+bil,stripbooks,185&sr=1-1&tag=ff0d01-20

A neighbor gave it to me- I fear it's going to not tell me a lot I don't already suspect.

Forum List

Back