What are you reading?

Me the People about The Constitution. I'm also rereading The German War about the German Homefront during WWII, an excellent history.

What's so funny Angelo
No offense intended...I see the Bible from a realist's perspective, and it just struck me as
amusing that someone would write a book about Noah's Ark, and even funnier that anyone would
be interested in reading it.

That being said, perpetuating myths is fine as long as it's not in an educational setting.
It's not about Noah's Ark lol. Its a prepper series where the NWO takes over and its set from a christian families point of view etc..I didn't care for all the religion in it as I am not a christian but it was a good series overall.

Currently it's Where Nobody Knows Your Name by John Feinstein. It's an intriguing look at MLB at the Triple A level of the minor leagues circa 2012. I recommend this one HIGHLY to any baseball fans, or sports fans in general.

People turning to the classics now they have time on their hands. Ive just started with " The Good Companions" by Mr Priestley. It has only just come back into print. Two chapters in and its leisurely style takes a bit of reader adjustment.

Finished "Blood Memory" by Greg Iles- excellent story about child molestation set in the south (as his stories usually are) - it lays bare some probably too true scenarios hidden behind the opulence and arrogance of people who believe they are superior to others and others are just here to fulfill their desires.

I' m currently reading "Uncommon Valor", by Mary McCollum. Well written and (if true) eye opening.

A couple of weeks ago I read "The Rag" by Michael Connelly. (he authored The Lincoln Lawyer and the Bosch series books). Not his usual style and was a little too red, white and blue, ciss-boom-bah for my tastes. It's an apocolyptic style story about a "militia" that saved the US after it was taken over by "communist" and jihadist after an EMP attack. A better story in that vein was "One Second After".

American Carnage, on the front lines of the republican civil war and the rise of President Trump by Tim Alberta. Fascinating so far starts with McCain and his loss to Obama and shows just how badly people hated McCain even in the GOP etc. I am now into early 2010 when the Tea Party sweeps the midterms.

The Wind That Shakes the Barley...James Barke...about Robbie Burns. Just starting the first of a five volume set. One needs to read it while hearing it as a Scotsman would sound; not unlike in an Old Movie like Greyfriars Bobby.......

...at least that's how I'm "hearing" it.

Greg

Last edited:
Relic by Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston. Absolutely gripping. I am now an Agent Prendergast fan.

This could be turned into a book or movie

The Pretender
People in Blooming Prairie, Minnesota, thought Lois Riess was a nice wife and grandmother. If she had a vice, it was playing the slots. Then she committed murder.

I just finished "Warning Light"

A massive earthquake strikes southern Iran, potentially exposing the rogue nation’s most secret military facility. When a foreign airliner is forced to make an emergency landing at a nearby airport, the Iranians quickly become suspicious. An American businessman is separated from the other passengers and secretly arrested on charges of espionage. Alone and against overwhelming odds, he soon finds himself battling for his life as he attempts to fight his way to freedom and return home.

https://www.amazon.com/Warning-Light-David-Ricciardi/dp/1500129135&tag=ff0d01-20

Reading the battle of Kursk by Gantz, The Coldest Winter by Haberstram, Johnson's History of the Jews, James Carroll's Constantine's Sword, and several others. I keep at least 6 or 7 going at any one time, nearly all non-fiction, mostly histories and economic history, company histories, and the like.

Forum List

Back