What are you most passionate about politically?

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
What are some positions you have that fall outside the norm for your chosen (or chosen for you) affiliation?

I am against most efforts at gun control but I'll be damned if I'm with those paranoid people over at the NRA.

I am against most efforts at gun control but I'll be damned if I'm with those paranoid people over at the NRA.
whaaat????
the NRA are the most moderate gun rights people out there
Whatever, my guns are no more a political statement than my nail guns. They are simply my least used tools. It may seem weird to you not to fetishize my firearms but that's just how I feel. And I really do not want this potentially interesting topic to get taken over by the same old 2nd amendment stuff.

whaaat????
Whatever, my guns are no more a political statement than my nail guns. They are simply my least used tools. It may seem weird to you not to fetishize my firearms but that's just how I feel. And I really do not want this potentially interesting topic to get taken over by the same old 2nd amendment stuff.
My guns werent bought as a political statement, but the consistant politicization of firearms ownership comes not from the second amendment community, but the anti's. I think it would be wonderful if gun discussions online didnt have a political aspect, but thats just the way it is.

What are some positions you have that fall outside the norm for your chosen (or chosen for you) affiliation?
I believe we should ban tax expenditures. This is actually a core conservative principle, but you'd never know it the way pseudocons wail like welfare queens every time I bring it up. They have been taken so far off the conservative reservation it isn't even funny any more.

That is my number one political passion. To see the utter corruption that is tax expenditures go away. It would clean up politics overnight, balance the budget, enable us to lower tax rates for everyone, and drastically reduce the amount of money in politics.

I feel the national debt is by far the greatest threat to our security, our economic system, and our future. And eliminating tax expenditures is easily the most effective means to do something about it.

Unfortunately, the Republicans are the worst abusers of this crony system, so I have had little hope they will ever return to the conservative roots of Ronald Reagan.

Lately, though, I have heard encouraging words here and there from elected Republicans who get it and who are trying to make some advances in this area. But the corrupt crony system still has the upper hand.

Human rights.
Indigenous rights.
Diversity.

...Progress.

Everything Democrats and mainstream left wing parties in the west claim to want and worship while simply hating white people.

whaaat????
My guns werent bought as a political statement, but the consistant politicization of firearms ownership comes not from the second amendment community, but the anti's. I think it would be wonderful if gun discussions online didnt have a political aspect, but thats just the way it is.
I hate the whole issue. Because I have elected to not participate in it for the most part I too have taken a politically significant position, you cannot get away from it, practically everyone is being stupid about it.

I believe we should ban tax expenditures. This is actually a core conservative principle, but you'd never know it the way pseudocons wail like welfare queens every time I bring it up. They have been taken so far off the conservative reservation it isn't even funny any more.

That is my number one political passion. To see the utter corruption that is tax expenditures go away. It would clean up politics overnight, balance the budget, enable us to lower tax rates for everyone, and drastically reduce the amount of money in politics.

I feel the national debt is by far the greatest threat to our security, our economic system, and our future. And eliminating tax expenditures is easily the most effective means to do something about it.

Unfortunately, the Republicans are the worst abusers of this crony system, so I have had little hope they will ever return to the conservative roots of Ronald Reagan.

Lately, though, I have heard encouraging words here and there from elected Republicans who get it and who are trying to make some advances in this area. But the corrupt crony system still has the upper hand.

Yeah, it's quite sickening the way that the rich pretend that they are taxed so heavily, when in reality their real income through investments is barely touched by Uncle Sam.

And I'm seriously confused about the federal debt. Everyone says it's a serious problem, but in the end no one seems to care.

Yeah, it's quite sickening the way that the rich pretend that they are taxed so heavily, when in reality their real income through investments is barely touched by Uncle Sam.

And I'm seriously confused about the federal debt. Everyone says it's a serious problem, but in the end no one seems to care.
The federal debt is the biggest reason our recovery has been so weak. And when the next recession hits, our recovery will be slower still. If we even survive the next crash.

Liberty

The democrats are nothing more or less than the Nazi party reborn. They attack freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of association, freedom of commerce, private property rights, and the sovereignty of the nation.

I stand for liberty. I stand for private property, I stand for economic freedom to but from the vendor of our choice, and to sell to the customers we alone choose.

Our debt problem is not being caused by "the rich" being taxed too little.

That's a simplistic diversion used by the Left to mislead the rubes.

Our debt problem is being caused by the playing field being legislatively tilted in favor of the highest bidders.

Blaming the guy who lives in a bigger house than you is completely wrong. He is being robbed just as much as you are.

Our debt problem is not being caused by "the rich" being taxed too little.

That's a simplistic diversion used by the Left to mislead the rubes.

No. Its caused by massive overspending that neither party wants to address because they are a bunch of spineless cowards

Forum List

Back