What are you most passionate about politically?

Yeah, it's quite sickening the way that the rich pretend that they are taxed so heavily, when in reality their real income through investments is barely touched by Uncle Sam.
Our debt problem is not being caused by "the rich" being taxed too little.

That's a simplistic diversion used by the Left to mislead the rubes.

Our debt problem is being caused by the playing field being legislatively tilted in favor of the highest bidders.

Blaming the guy who lives in a bigger house than you is completely wrong. He is being robbed just as much as you are.

Heh. Any examples?

I am against most efforts at gun control but I'll be damned if I'm with those paranoid people over at the NRA.
whaaat????
the NRA are the most moderate gun rights people out there
Whatever, my guns are no more a political statement than my nail guns. They are simply my least used tools. It may seem weird to you not to fetishize my firearms but that's just how I feel. And I really do not want this potentially interesting topic to get taken over by the same old 2nd amendment stuff.
My guns werent bought as a political statement, but the consistant politicization of firearms ownership comes not from the second amendment community, but the anti's. I think it would be wonderful if gun discussions online didnt have a political aspect, but thats just the way it is.
I hate the whole issue. Because I have elected to not participate in it for the most part I too have taken a politically significant position, you cannot get away from it, practically everyone is being stupid about it.
it would be really awesome that if everytime guns were brought up, instead of politics, everyone started opining on their fave calibers, optics, weather they like cowboy action or three gun, or historically significant firearms(thats really my passion when it comes to guns, although I turkey and squirrel hunt, some tac training every blue moon, and just plain plinking)

I am against most efforts at gun control but I'll be damned if I'm with those paranoid people over at the NRA.
whaaat????
Whatever, my guns are no more a political statement than my nail guns. They are simply my least used tools. It may seem weird to you not to fetishize my firearms but that's just how I feel. And I really do not want this potentially interesting topic to get taken over by the same old 2nd amendment stuff.
My guns werent bought as a political statement, but the consistant politicization of firearms ownership comes not from the second amendment community, but the anti's. I think it would be wonderful if gun discussions online didnt have a political aspect, but thats just the way it is.
I hate the whole issue. Because I have elected to not participate in it for the most part I too have taken a politically significant position, you cannot get away from it, practically everyone is being stupid about it.
it would be really awesome that if everytime guns were brought up, instead of politics, everyone started opining on their fave calibers, optics, weather they like cowboy action or three gun, or historically significant firearms(thats really my passion when it comes to guns, although I turkey and squirrel hunt, some tac training every blue moon, and just plain plinking)
Too many idiot Europeans and Australians yapping about how "scary" guns are for that to happen on the Internet.

whaaat????
I never discuss how many or what types of firearms I have on the internet.

whaaat????
Simply.

Some people are a little touchy about their Constitutional rights.

I rarely make mention of possession of firearms.

Most of those I know and associate with, who own firearms, rarely speak of them.

Obviously, those who wish to restrict the rights to defending our families are the most vocal, politicizing and casting insults and aspersions.

No.We don't have to have the conversation taken over by the same old "2nd amendment stuff."

When are you going to stop taking over the conversation about the "2nd amendment stuff."

The paranoia is not ours.

It is yours.

Yeah, it's quite sickening the way that the rich pretend that they are taxed so heavily, when in reality their real income through investments is barely touched by Uncle Sam.
Our debt problem is not being caused by "the rich" being taxed too little.

That's a simplistic diversion used by the Left to mislead the rubes.

Our debt problem is being caused by the playing field being legislatively tilted in favor of the highest bidders.

Blaming the guy who lives in a bigger house than you is completely wrong. He is being robbed just as much as you are.
Our debt is where the world stores it's wealth. We never go begging for money because the demand for our bonds far outstrips the supply. As long as this continues we are good. It's gotta end someday but we will probably not live to see it.

I would say that Im pretty passionate about fedgov overreach in general, concerning pretty much anything...I dont like it from state and local governments, but fed overreach pisses me off the worst; weather its commerce, other nations' soverighnty, social issues, whatever

whaaat????
Simply.

Most of those I know and associate with, who own firearms, rarely speak of them.

Obviously, those who wish to restrict the rights to defending our families are the most vocal, politicizing and casting insults and aspersions.

No.We don't have to have the conversation taken over by the same old "2nd amendment stuff."

When are you going to stop taking over the conversation about the "2nd amendment stuff."

It is yours.

The only thing I don't understand is why you would not want gun restrictions. Not bans, but restrictions, to make it more difficult for dangerous people to get their hands on them. If you want a gun, and you're fit mentally and physically to use one, you should be willing and able to jump through all the hoops and demonstrate, to the fullest extent possible, that you are not going to hurt or kill an innocent person with a weapon that is essentially the grim reaper of Death.

Maybe someone who knows more about guns and gun ownership can enlighten me as to the difficulty entailed in procuring one. I never had much of an interest in owning one myself.

Australians yapping about how "scary" guns

Three million registered gun owners in Australia (and more than twice that number unregistered) ... a country of 20 million people. Lots of guns down under.
For hunting dingos and the like, not for potentially fighting an oppressive government.

Australia is just Britain's retarded little cousin on basically every single issue.

whaaat????
Simply.

It is yours.
Give it a rest. Anyone who is touchy on a subject chose to be that way. Your fear, your anger, your feelings in general are entirely your responsibility. People do not make you angry, you make you angry.

whaaat????
Simply.

It is yours.

The only thing I don't understand is why you would not want gun restrictions. Not bans, but restrictions, to make it more difficult for dangerous people to get their hands on them. If you want a gun, and you're fit mentally and physically to use one, you should be willing and able to jump through all the hoops and demonstrate, to the fullest extent possible, that you are not going to hurt or kill an innocent person with a weapon that is essentially the grim reaper of Death.

Maybe someone who knows more about guns and gun ownership can enlighten me as to the difficulty entailed in procuring one. I never had much of an interest in owning one myself.
Oh. I can assure you I want "restrictions" on those who should not own, possess, or even "see" a firearm.

Realize. Until proven otherwise. I will own and utilize my firearms, when necessary.

We have jumped through the hoops.

I'm in Maryland. I know hoops. You. Tell me. About possessing a firearm in Maryland.

Many of us are Veterans and know guns and gun ownership.

Associated with all of your bells and whistles.

whaaat????
Simply.

It is yours.
Give it a rest. Anyone who is touchy on a subject chose to be that way. Your fear, your anger, your feelings in general are entirely your responsibility. People do not make you angry, you make you angry.
I have no fear. No anger nor a desire to take responsibility for those who use firearms to commit crimes.

I have no feelings for my tools.

I never said I was touchy about my firearms. I'm not the one making a big deal out of it.

whaaat????
Simply.

It is yours.
I have no fear. No anger nor a desire to take responsibility for those who use firearms to commit crimes.

I have no feelings for my tools.

I never said I was touchy about my firearms. I'm not the one making a big deal out of it.
Me neither, The OP asked for an opinion that is outside the stereotype for my political affiliation and I gave one. This seemed like a topic that could yield something other than the same tired responses to the same tired troll threads we see everyday. At this point I would just as soon drop it because no one is really prepared to get real and explain how they are not part of a herd.

another opinion that I have that is surprising to some is that I am anti-death penalty. Because I am so strongly pro armed self defense, that comes as a surprise to many. But as someone who has little trust in the government in general, I am hesitant to be ok with them having the power to end life permanently, at least citizens lives.

For hunting dingos and the like, not for potentially fighting an oppressive government.

I used to live in Australia and I never found the government to be particularly oppressive. But, many Australian folk heroes are people who did just that, they fought oppressive government.

725868_orig.png

And PS ... rabbits and foxes are the two pests farmers shoot more often. Introduced into Australia from England with no natural predators, they quickly became a destructive nuisance to the farmers.

Town of Gilbert needs to widen Germann Road between Gilbert Road and Lindsay Road. We'll also be needing a traffic light at Raven Way and Lindsay once the new development across Lindsay starts filling up.

Perhaps I'll move.

another opinion that I have that is surprising to some is that I am anti-death penalty. Because I am so strongly pro armed self defense, that comes as a surprise to many. But as someone who has little trust in the government in general, I am hesitant to be ok with them having the power to end life permanently, at least citizens lives.
I'm not necessarily against it, they just do it all wrong.

Forum List

Back