What are you most passionate about politically?

What are some positions you have that fall outside the norm for your chosen (or chosen for you) affiliation?

Being gay is not a choice...
It's not normal, but it is natural.
You know this, how?
Every country in the world that makes homosexuality a capital offense has just as many gays as we do. The incidence of homosexuality is pretty consistent across all cultures. A non-inherited genetic trait.

What are some positions you have that fall outside the norm for your chosen (or chosen for you) affiliation?
I believe we should ban tax expenditures. This is actually a core conservative principle, but you'd never know it the way pseudocons wail like welfare queens every time I bring it up. They have been taken so far off the conservative reservation it isn't even funny any more.

That is my number one political passion. To see the utter corruption that is tax expenditures go away. It would clean up politics overnight, balance the budget, enable us to lower tax rates for everyone, and drastically reduce the amount of money in politics.

I feel the national debt is by far the greatest threat to our security, our economic system, and our future. And eliminating tax expenditures is easily the most effective means to do something about it.

Unfortunately, the Republicans are the worst abusers of this crony system, so I have had little hope they will ever return to the conservative roots of Ronald Reagan.

Lately, though, I have heard encouraging words here and there from elected Republicans who get it and who are trying to make some advances in this area. But the corrupt crony system still has the upper hand.
Good post, but what do you specifically by "tax expenditures" and what would be your ideal use of tax revenue?

The Truth.
Republicans just can't tell the truth.
Republicans lie about as much as anyone, the truth is that most simply believe their livelihood or safety or even their very souls depend on believing certain things. The actual reality of these things is irrelevant. I do not really understand this and it took me years to realize but it seems to be the case. I do not have any belief that I would not immediately discard with sufficient contrary evidence.

Republicans lie about as much as anyone, the truth is that most simply believe their livelihood or safety or even their very souls depend on believing certain things. The actual reality of these things is irrelevant. I do not really understand this and it took me years to realize but it seems to be the case. I do not have any belief that I would not immediately discard with sufficient contrary evidence.

I call.

When does a child's life begin?

I call.

Nice try, I don't argue abortion any more than I argue guns for much the same reason, zealots control the debate while the vast majority of people just want to live their lives, make their own moral choices and tell all the moralizing assholes and self-righteous social warriors to mind their own damn business.

I call.

Nice try, I don't argue abortion any more than I argue guns for much the same reason, zealots control the debate while the vast majority of people just want to live their lives, make their own moral choices and tell all the moralizing assholes and self-righteous social warriors to mind their own damn business.

So you don't have any beliefs on the subject?

I am for minority rights whether it be LGBTQ, racial and ethnic minorities, or religious groups insofar as their constitutional rights are concerned. I differ from my party in that I don't think those should be the focal point. I think issues affecting the working and middle class should be the focus of policy and legislation, not peripheral and divisive issues.

I am for minority rights whether it be LGBTQ, racial and ethnic minorities, or religious groups insofar as their constitutional rights are concerned. I differ from my party in that I don't think those should be the focal point. I think issues affecting the working and middle class should be the focus of policy and legislation, not peripheral and divisive issues.

What about children and their rights?

I call.

Of course but none of them are as absolute as yours, more of a case by case thing. You probably have a difficult time dealing with moral ambiguity but that's how the world works. As for what those beliefs are just think hard libertarian without the cold social Darwinism.

I call.

Of course but none of them are as absolute as yours, more of a case by case thing. You probably have a difficult time dealing with moral ambiguity but that's how the world works. As for what those beliefs are just think hard libertarian without the cold social Darwinism.

The world works through "Moral ambiguity?"

That's a new one on me.

I thought that we are a nation of laws.

Amen, way too much political energy is taken up by Democrats throwing themselves between Conservatives and their designated victims.

I think children should have all the rights, lights, and benefits of citizenship once they are born.

I think children should have all the rights, lights, and benefits of citizenship once they are born.

So, only Citizens are entitled to human rights now?

I call.

The world works through "Moral ambiguity?"

That's a new one on me.

I thought that we are a nation of laws.
Laws are for the protection of freedom, not for enforcing morality. You find abortion reprehensible, believe me I understand completely, but morality is such an incredibly subjective thing that picking one and imposing it on free citizens makes them less free, that's something I find reprehensible.

So, only Citizens are entitled to human rights now?
We're talking about the US, no? All humans are entitled to human rights from the minute they are born to the minute they die.

Forum List

Back