What are the effects of the Roe Overturn today?

All of our rights and protected liberties are in jeopardy, under attack by Republicans.
Kinda seems fitting after the Left having tried for years to attack many rights including the very structure of our government, the inviolability of the Constitution and even rights actually SPELLED OUT IN PLAIN ENGLISH within it. Funny how you were just fine with that until something came along important to YOU. :1peleas:

Except for white conservative heterosexual Christian males, of course.
Racist. Politicist. Sexist. Anti-Christian hate-monger.

The right’s efforts to eliminate the 14th Amendment jurisprudence that safeguards residents of the states has just begun - overturn Roe was just the start.
:CryingCow: :CryingCow: :CryingCow: Yep, not only hasn't abortion anything to do with the 14th Amendment fool, but you've been hanging onto it for years just hoping to declare Trump an insurrectionist to bar him from returning to office! Too bad your democrats have now shot that wad to oblivion by their rancor directed at another branch of the federal government.

Once eliminated, Republican lawmakers in Republican-controlled states will pursue an aggressive agenda to disadvantage religious, ethnic, and racial minorities along with immigrants and gay and transgender Americans.
:cuckoo: :spinner: ✈️ 🛰️ :cranky: :laugh2:

Sure it is, but we are talking two bodies instead of one. But my position is not about being pro-life, it's about using the Constitution as a protection document for something it was never designed for. Again, a pregnant woman can move or travel to another state for an abortion if they like. Go for it.
….technically…yes, they can…..if they have means to not need any help (some states are criminalizing that) and live near enough or have the ability and means to travel what in some areas could be hundreds of miles….sure, they can.

In reality though they cannot and some states are doing everything in their power to ensure their citizens cannot cross state lines to get a legal abortion…as if the state owns us.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Kinda seems fitting after the Left having tried for years to attack many rights including the very structure of our government, the inviolability of the Constitution and even rights actually SPELLED OUT IN PLAIN ENGLISH within it. Funny how you were just fine with that until something came along important to YOU. :1peleas:

Racist. Politicist. Sexist. Anti-Christian hate-monger.

:CryingCow: :CryingCow: :CryingCow: Yep, not only hasn't abortion anything to do with the 14th Amendment fool, but you've been hanging onto it for years just hoping to declare Trump an insurrectionist to bar him from returning to office! Too bad your democrats have now shot that wad to oblivion by their rancor directed at another branch of the federal government.

:cuckoo: :spinner: ✈️ 🛰️ :cranky: :laugh2:
Nothing you say here happened.

….technically…yes, they can…..if they have means to not need any help (some states are criminalizing that) and live near enough or have the ability and means to travel what in some areas could be hundreds of miles….sure, they can.

In reality though they cannot and some states are doing everything in their power to ensure their citizens cannot cross state lines to get a legal abortion…as if the state owns us.
Notice the people making these kinds of comments. Mostly men. Ray bitches about the neighborhood he lives in and does not move but here he is making the simpleminded comments as if it is a solution.

Non-sequitur--- --- the mRNA is not any normal vaccine, has many more risks than other vaccines, and worst of all: isn't really a vaccine in the traditional sense! If I get a flu shot, I'm pretty much good to go for at least a year with no flu worries until a new strain emerges. If I get a vaccine for measles, etc., I'm pretty much good for life, but if I get the Covid vaccine, its effects are down 50% just within 2-3 months and in effect, doesn't even keep me from catching Covid much less transmitting it to others. If I'm over 65 to 85 where most Covid deaths occur, it might just lessen the symptoms allowing the very old and ill to survive it. So it is an exception, should only be administed voluntarily to the very old or ill, and certainly not to anyone below the age of about 25, much less children and infants.
Well first, the flu vaccine, you probably looking at a 50/50 chance that the vaccine is for the right strain. Not the right strain, you are still going to get the flu if exposed. And no, one measles shot is not going to cut it. Typical MMR regime is three shots.

All of our rights and protected liberties are in jeopardy, under attack by Republicans.

Except for white conservative heterosexual Christian males, of course.

The right’s efforts to eliminate the 14th Amendment jurisprudence that safeguards residents of the states has just begun - overturn Roe was just the start.

Once eliminated, Republican lawmakers in Republican-controlled states will pursue an aggressive agenda to disadvantage religious, ethnic, and racial minorities along with immigrants and gay and transgender Americans.
The 14th Amendment was passed to give ex slaves and their children full citizenship rights. Period.

Which states are preventing people from crossing state lines to get an abortion?

what else is it about in your small mind. The decision specifically says it affects nothing but abortion. All this does is put it to a vote in each state, and thats what you libs fear, the will of the people.
This isn’t just about Roe.

It’s about the right’s all-out effort to eliminate the 14th Amendment jurisprudence that safeguards residents of the states from hateful, discriminatory measures Republicans seek to enact.

You are consistent? Do you oppose all required vaccinations?

I think you mean do I oppose government requiring them, not do I oppose the vaccinations. Absolutely.

Democrats think it's only a woman's body when women want an abortion or women want to swear on television. Your party has a strong history of a woman's body being subservient to ... you know ... you ....

That is NOT my claim you friggin retard.

In fact I acknowledged that precedent is now out the window.

What I SAID (moron) was that these dishonest Justices claimed to respect and acknowledge the precedent of Roe....which PRECLUDES voting to over turn.
Correct.

The Trump appointees lied about Roe being precedent.

Conservatives lied that Roe wouldn’t be overturned.

Nothing conservatives say can be believed – they’re liars and utterly dishonest.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
….technically…yes, they can…..if they have means to not need any help and live near enough or have the ability and means to travel what in some areas could be hundreds of miles….

In that case I'm sure some social service will be dreamed up by charities through donations and support to take ladies on a bus once a month, etc., and pilot them to and from another state to do the dirty deed, don't you think? Can you imagine that NOT happening?

some states are doing everything in their power to ensure their citizens cannot cross state lines to get a legal abortion…
Do you have a list of these states? And how would they do that without a pact with the adjoining, pro-abortion state to deny them an abortion which I doubt they would agree to being that they are pro-abortion?

Frankly, I've never known a single woman in my entire life to get knocked up and want and have an abortion. Apparently abortions seem to have their strongest hold on low income people and minorities, probably the last group of people who need to be having more kids, so, if they live in a "red" state, I think moderation would be a better approach than an outright BAN, as people will just find or create a social service as above to bus them to where they CAN have an abortion rendering the state's decision moot, or HHS will be feeding a lot more kids.

What part of it is NONE of your business, do you not understand?
And more importantly, it’s none of the government’s business.

It is neither the role nor responsibility of government to dictate to citizens whether they may have a child or not.

Support of Roe and the right to privacy is to support limited government and individual liberty.

Opposition to Roe and the right to privacy is to support government excess and overreach at the expense of individual liberty.

And more importantly, it’s none of the government’s business.

It is neither the role nor responsibility of government to dictate to citizens whether they may have a child or not.

Support of Roe and the right to privacy is to support limited government and individual liberty.

Opposition to Roe and the right to privacy is to support government excess and overreach at the expense of individual liberty.
We aren't talking about choosing a child for adoption. Abortion is murdering a human being that has a RIGHT to life. It's the responsibility of government to protect life. Abortion is the ultimate child abuse.

States which are criminalizing anyone who helps a pregnant get to a state that has legal abortions, even driving them. While it doesn’t absolutely prevent them, it places major obstacles on her.
Name the states that are doing that.

Simply not true.

The SC rulings that the States could not make laws about restricting contraception because it was unconstitutional, came before Roe v wade, and the Roe decision relied on those cases. Sodomy laws were struck down too, Gay marriage couldn't be restricted either, nor our own medical procedure decisions....these type things that involved personal and or private choices, could not be banned by State governments....the SC said the states were never given that kind of power over us.... in the constitution??? What changed?
Outrage finally over 63 million babies and planned parenthood harvesting body parts.

The people said we've seen enough of this shit and challenged. Mississippi specifically. And that law should be nationwide.

Show me in the Constitution were it states abortion is A RIGHT.

We aren't talking about choosing a child for adoption. Abortion is murdering a human being that has a RIGHT to life. It's the responsibility of government to protect life. Abortion is the ultimate child abuse.
That conservatives oppose Roe comes as no surprise, of course – that’s what the authoritarian right is about: more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty; to compel conformity and punish dissent using the power of the state.

Forum List

Back