What are the effects of the Roe Overturn today?

Yes, it's used by us who believe in the right to carry our guns, but the court only rules on the constitutionality, not the reasons for exercising it.

Furthermore you can find quotes of our founders on the subject and even debates where self-defense was part of the debate. You will never find a debate on abortion when any of our amendments were written.
It was a collective self defense that they were concerned with....

An individual self defense right is NOT written IN THE CONSTITUTION....

Edit!

It doesn't mean we don't have a right to individual self defense, it is just not specifically mentioned!

Like all the aspects of our right to privacy and autonomy are not specifically mentioned

Last edited:
As reality sinks in, the number of people disagreeing with this decision is growing including 67% of women.

Overall, the poll found that 59 percent of respondents disapproved of the ruling and 41 percent approved. More than two-thirds of women surveyed — 67 percent — disapproved of the ruling, while 33 percent were in favor of it.

A majority of women in the survey — 56 percent — also said the court’s decision will make their lives worse, while only 16 percent said it will make their lives better. Twenty-eight percent of women said it will not make a difference.

First off as your source says, they only took a sample of about 1500 people. I went to the hyperlink (source) of the story. Here is what I found:

Views on Roe being overturned divide along partisan lines, though perhaps not as completely as political debate or legislative battles might suggest. One in six Democrats approves, and one in five Republicans disapproves.

So unless there was a hell of a lot of over sampling on one side, I fail to see how 60% disapprove of the decision. Furthermore it doesn't say where the poll was taken, how it was conducted (in person, phone, internet) or if the respondents were likely voters or not.

First off as your source says, they only took a sample of about 1500 people. I went to the hyperlink (source) of the story. Here is what I found:

Views on Roe being overturned divide along partisan lines, though perhaps not as completely as political debate or legislative battles might suggest. One in six Democrats approves, and one in five Republicans disapproves.

So unless there was a hell of a lot of over sampling on one side, I fail to see how 60% disapprove of the decision. Furthermore it doesn't say where the poll was taken, how it was conducted (in person, phone, internet) or if the respondents were likely voters or not.
Why would they need know if they were likely voters? It isn't an election poll, it is an opinion poll.

YouGov seems to have a good track record in accuracy:

Other than that, a broad swath of polls consistently showing a majority support for Roe and legal abortion (with limits).

It was a collective self defense that they were concerned with....

An individual self defense right is NOT written IN THE CONSTITUTION....

Edit!

It doesn't mean we don't have a right to individual self defense, it is just not specifically mentioned!

Like all the aspects of our right to privacy and autonomy are not specifically mentioned

The Constitution was not written to tell the federal government what they can do, it was written to tell them what they can't do. Self-defense is an inalienable right. It needs not to be included in the text.

Why would they need know if they were likely voters? It isn't an election poll, it is an opinion poll.

YouGov seems to have a good track record in accuracy:

Other than that, a broad swath of polls consistently showing a majority support for Roe and legal abortion (with limits).

I don't know what your link has to do with the price of rice in China. It's only telling you how great their polls are.

Voters choose their electors, and it's the President that decides what kind of justices will serve on his court when the opportunity presents itself. The reason judges are selected and not voted on is because our founders didn't want them to be politicized. They didn't want them to be pressured into their decision making. Therefore any and all polls are meaningless, even if 90% of the public doesn't support their ruling.

I don't know what your link has to do with the price of rice in China. It's only telling you how great their polls are.

Voters choose their electors, and it's the President that decides what kind of justices will serve on his court when the opportunity presents itself. The reason judges are selected and not voted on is because our founders didn't want them to be politicized. They didn't want them to be pressured into their decision making. Therefore any and all polls are meaningless, even if 90% of the public doesn't support their ruling.
What difference does that make? The poll is guaging public not hiw they might vote. A N D it is politicized.

The Constitution was not written to tell the federal government what they can do, it was written to tell them what they can't do. Self-defense is an inalienable right. It needs not to be included in the text.
And so are privacy rights, they are inalienable....or fundamental to our democracy, a democratic republic.

Can you show me in the constitution where it says anything about individual self defense as the reason an individual's right to bear arms exists.....????

The right to self defense and self preservation is a natural right. Are you saying YOU don't have a right to save your own life, with equal or greater force as one might bring against you? And we all know these crimes don't just happen in the home.

Edit:

See the 9th Amendment.

Last edited:
It's more than that by a lot.

The SC does not represent the population any more. It represents a minority of extremists.

And that "change" has occurred numerous times before

The supreme court was never intended to represent the population. They represent the Constitution and are there to insure that governments at all levels don't exceed the powers granted them under the Constitution.

Simply not true.

The SC rulings that the States could not make laws about restricting contraception because it was unconstitutional, came before Roe v wade, and the Roe decision relied on those cases. Sodomy laws were struck down too, Gay marriage couldn't be restricted either, nor our own medical procedure decisions....these type things that involved personal and or private choices, could not be banned by State governments....the SC said the states were never given that kind of power over us.... in the constitution??? What changed?

James Madison would disagree.

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. -James Madison Federalist 45

It was the Democrats who originally politicized the abortion issue with Supreme court Justice candidates.
I don’t agree. The original Roe decision Was supported by judges from both ideological sides. These last three judges were specifically chosen because they on the Federalist Societies list for overturning Roe. The fact they disregard massive amounts of case law and precedent in this and in overturning the Sullivan law is pretty indicative of how unusual and politically partisan this court has become. Mitch McConnell politicized the nomination process to a whole new level. It isn’t good for our country.

And so are privacy rights, they are inalienable....or fundamental to our democracy, a democratic republic.

If a woman decides to get an abortion, it's not on the local news. They don't have to post a sign in front of their home for two weeks afterwards, they don't have to tell anybody about it, and I see nothing in this decision that changes any of that.

As I stated, the only thing this decision does is not protect abortion under the Constitution giving the states the right to choose how they wish to handle the matter.

I don’t agree. The original Roe decision Was supported by judges from both ideological sides. These last three judges were specifically chosen because they on the Federalist Societies list for overturning Roe. The fact they disregard massive amounts of case law and precedent in this and in overturning the Sullivan law is pretty indicative of how unusual and politically partisan this court has become. Mitch McConnell politicized the nomination process to a whole new level. It isn’t good for our country.

Great point, Democrats would never do that ...

So is is the inviolability of the physical body: personal autonomy, self-ownership, and self-determination of human beings over their own bodies.

LOL, yet how many months ago if a woman didn't want the jab were you screaming make her! LOL, it's her body ... when you decide it is ... What a pathetic lie, so easily proven as a lie ...
I never screamed “make her”. If you have to lie to make a point, you have no point.

Forum List

Back