What are some Pro Sports Teams who never won a championship who you think should have...

2007 New England Patriots?
The cheatriots? Your going for comedy relief right? :abgg2q.jpg: Like I said in my thread I made that nobody seemed to have seen,it was a good thing for my Rams they got to play someone other than the cheatriots in the Super Bowl.the cheatriots would never have been achieved greatness without cheating and having the refs in their pockets as they have all these years. :uhoh3:

In ALL their playoff and Super Bowl games they won,they ALWAYS got the calls in close games,they never had the bad calls go against them as the other teams did in the final minutes.nobody has ever been able to refute those facts,they just try and laugh them off.

When I was watching the last Super Bowl when the bengals players lost their composure and went into meltdown mode mugging the rams players in the end done drawing yellow flags from the refs,I made the comment to my friend watching the game with me saying that to him,I said good thing this is not the cheatriots they are playing,the refs would never have thrown those yellow flags at them like they did with those bengal players that were mugging the rams just now.

That’s common knowledge around the entire country.

Last edited:
92-93 Leafs. "Missed" Gretzky high stick on Gilmour. Would have been 5 min. and game misconduct. Leafs lose game and series in 7.

99 Cleveland Indians. This is a bit of an outlier since it wasn't a complete team with their pitching, but I felt their offensive dominance would get it done even with an average pitching staff. Go look at their batting stats that year, simply jaw dropping. This teams unmatched offensive prowess aways stuck with me as a team with an unfulfilled ring.

02-03 Sacramento Kings- Just a reminder that the NBA reffing is suspect. NBA robbed them in favour of the Lakers.

2015 Seattle Seahawks. How you throw on 2nd and goal on the 1 yard line with Lynch as R.B is beyond my capacity to understand. Brady had a strong game, but Seattle deserved it in the end but for a coach who outsmarted himself.
You honestly don’t think Pete the cheat carrol threw that game?:auiqs.jpg:dude his players at usc accused him of throwing games same as he did thst day.the Seahawks were running all over up and down on the cheatriots in the fourth quarter,they were gassed they could not stop lynch,none of the players could believe that he called for that pass,there we’re many videos of players saying back then they could not believe he did not give the ball to lynch.

the pats were horrible all year long at stopping the run on goal line stands,no way in hell is an experienced coach like carrol not aware of that.you give carrol a lie detector test I guarantee he flunks it,same thing has happened in Seattle that happened to him at usc where the players lost confidence in him.the players got screwed from the coach on winning back to back superbowls.

I'll start with an obvious one..

The 90's Buffalo Bills. What a tragic night for Scott Norwood, and what an uplifting fan base to continue to cheer him whenever they can. I'm from Cleveland, and am a Cleveland Browns fan since I went to the 0-16 parade in 2018 (I had been a Colts fan after the Browns left in 1995). As Browns fans, we are certainly most compatible with the Bills, and vice versa.

Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Don Beebe, and plenty of other memorable players. Yes, they got smoked by the Cowboys one year, and lost to them another time along with losing to the Redskins and Giants.

They didn't win one, but they really should have won one.
That was who I immediately thought of when I saw this thread.Norwood was so totally unfairly blamed for that loss.any Bills fan thst persecuted him is a traiter,thst missed field goal was not his fault,he had never kicked a field goal that long on grass before for one,plus the bills offense is the one to blame not Norwood.they had first down at the five yard line and they could not punch it in on four tries,that whole offensive line is to blame fir thst loss,had they been able to punch it into the end zone,it would never have down to asking Norwood to do what he had never done before.

The Detroit Tigers 2006-2012.
Was that Prince Fielder? Justin Thompson? I remember them making the playoffs but I don't recall them being dominant or anything, if my memory is correct they were bounced by the Yankees...

92-93 Leafs. "Missed" Gretzky high stick on Gilmour. Would have been 5 min. and game misconduct. Leafs lose game and series in 7.
Didn't see that one...
99 Cleveland Indians. This is a bit of an outlier since it wasn't a complete team with their pitching, but I felt their offensive dominance would get it done even with an average pitching staff. Go look at their batting stats that year, simply jaw dropping. This teams unmatched offensive prowess aways stuck with me as a team with an unfulfilled ring.
As a Cleveland resident, those 90's cleveland teams were legendary and SHOULD have won a world series. The 1997 Tribe had a 3-2 lead on the bottom of the ninth with Jose Mesa on the mound to close it out, who had 45 saves. They blew the lead and lost to the Marlins.
02-03 Sacramento Kings- Just a reminder that the NBA reffing is suspect. NBA robbed them in favour of the Lakers.
Yes, that Kings team was special with its crafty nature. Divac, Webber, Peja, Bibby. There was an email put out by the NBA about large market teams to NBA referees, and in that game 6 where Sacramento should have closed it out easily, the Lakers had like 90 free throws (exaggerating of course) to bring them back in and win.
2015 Seattle Seahawks. How you throw on 2nd and goal on the 1 yard line with Lynch as R.B is beyond my capacity to understand. Brady had a strong game, but Seattle deserved it in the end but for a coach who outsmarted himself.
I suspect Lynches poor attitude at the time influenced Pete Caroll's call as to who would be the "hero" to win the Super Bowl. He wanted to bolster Russell Wilson while there was heat between Carroll and Lynch. I think Pete forced a throw due to image reasons for the franchise. Bailed out Tom Brady.

A homer pick: The 80's-90's Cleveland Cavs.

Mark Price, Larry Nance, Brad Daugherty, Hot Rod Williams, Ron Harper, etc.

They lost to the bulls 5 times in the playoffs, couldn't get past em. Great team.

Was that Prince Fielder? Justin Thompson? I remember them making the playoffs but I don't recall them being dominant or anything, if my memory is correct they were bounced by the Yankees...

Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, Miggy Cabrera...Jim Leyland as manager.

It was 2015, and the running back wasn't Faulk.
It was Marshawn Lynch.
And it wasn't 1st and Goal from the 1. It was 2nd and Goal from the 1.
Yep, they blew it, and I enjoyed every second, not because the Pats won, more that the overhyped, arrogant Hawks lost.

The team I always root for at the beginning of every NFL season is the Detroit Lions.

I really think Barry Sanders should have a ring...

The Lions have not even sniffed a Super Bowl

Hard to pick a Lions team that was Championship level

I don't know about pro-sports, but college sports, the big one that comes to mind is the Michigan basketball Fab Five. Beaten by Duke, then North Carolina, and then I think half went pro the following year or something.

Indiana Pacers should have won a title when they had that killer team with Reggie, Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson, and Ron Artest, with Carlisle coaching, but the incident in Detroit ruined their hopes...Pacers did win ABA championships back in the day, but they have no NBA titles

The Minnesota Vikings of the 1998 season. I believe they were 15-1 in the regular season and yet somehow lost to Atlanta in the NFC Championship. They were easily the best team that year.
Dennis Green is easily the most overrated coach in NFL history....He took a number of would-be-could-be Super Bowl champ teams and made them also-rans.

I'll start with an obvious one..

The 90's Buffalo Bills. What a tragic night for Scott Norwood, and what an uplifting fan base to continue to cheer him whenever they can. I'm from Cleveland, and am a Cleveland Browns fan since I went to the 0-16 parade in 2018 (I had been a Colts fan after the Browns left in 1995). As Browns fans, we are certainly most compatible with the Bills, and vice versa.

Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Don Beebe, and plenty of other memorable players. Yes, they got smoked by the Cowboys one year, and lost to them another time along with losing to the Redskins and Giants.

They didn't win one, but they really should have won one.
the first Super Bowl with the Giants was tragic for Bills fans because we know the Bills could have won that one. NFL Network says there are 12 teams that have never won the Super Bowl. i am shocked the Bills released running back Raheem Blackshear. i think whichever team picks-up Blackshear is going to be unstoppable.

Forum List

Back