What are some Pro Sports Teams who never won a championship who you think should have...

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
I'll start with an obvious one..

The 90's Buffalo Bills. What a tragic night for Scott Norwood, and what an uplifting fan base to continue to cheer him whenever they can. I'm from Cleveland, and am a Cleveland Browns fan since I went to the 0-16 parade in 2018 (I had been a Colts fan after the Browns left in 1995). As Browns fans, we are certainly most compatible with the Bills, and vice versa.

Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Don Beebe, and plenty of other memorable players. Yes, they got smoked by the Cowboys one year, and lost to them another time along with losing to the Redskins and Giants.

They didn't win one, but they really should have won one.

I have never followed teams close enough to be able to put up anything else except the national sympathy for the Buffalo Bills' team the OP described. Four loses!!! And then that commercial about the kicker who was on four Super Bowl winners. I cannot find that commercial on YouTube???

Last edited:
The Minnesota Vikings of the 1998 season. I believe they were 15-1 in the regular season and yet somehow lost to Atlanta in the NFC Championship. They were easily the best team that year.
I mean does not everyone think this the moment this question is asked?

The 90's Buffalo Bills. What a tragic night for Scott Norwood, and what an uplifting fan base to continue to cheer him whenever they can. I'm from Cleveland, and am a Cleveland Browns fan since I went to the 0-16 parade in 2018 (I had been a Colts fan after the Browns left in 1995). As Browns fans, we are certainly most compatible with the Bills, and vice versa.

Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Don Beebe, and plenty of other memorable players. Yes, they got smoked by the Cowboys one year, and lost to them another time along with losing to the Redskins and Giants.

NFC teams were just better

Seattle Mariners had some great teams with Griffey Jr, ARod, Edgar Martinez, Randy Johnson

Even won 116 games one year but didn’t make it to the Series

92-93 Leafs. "Missed" Gretzky high stick on Gilmour. Would have been 5 min. and game misconduct. Leafs lose game and series in 7.

99 Cleveland Indians. This is a bit of an outlier since it wasn't a complete team with their pitching, but I felt their offensive dominance would get it done even with an average pitching staff. Go look at their batting stats that year, simply jaw dropping. This teams unmatched offensive prowess aways stuck with me as a team with an unfulfilled ring.

02-03 Sacramento Kings- Just a reminder that the NBA reffing is suspect. NBA robbed them in favour of the Lakers.

2015 Seattle Seahawks. How you throw on 2nd and goal on the 1 yard line with Lynch as R.B is beyond my capacity to understand. Brady had a strong game, but Seattle deserved it in the end but for a coach who outsmarted himself.

Last edited:
2020 Seattle Seahawks. How you throw on 1st and goal on the 1 yard line with Faulk as R.B is beyond my capacity to understand.

Made sense
It was second down from the one

If you ran the ball, there was time for only two attempts
If you threw an incomplete pass, there was time for three plays

2020 Seattle Seahawks. How you throw on 1st and goal on the 1 yard line with Faulk as R.B is beyond my capacity to understand. Brady had a strong game, but Seattle deserved it in the end but for a coach who outsmarted himself.
It was 2015, and the running back wasn't Faulk.
It was Marshawn Lynch.
And it wasn't 1st and Goal from the 1. It was 2nd and Goal from the 1.

The Bills are a sad story. Four straight AFL Championships....and four straight SB losses. Perhaps they can won it all this year?

It was 2015, and the running back wasn't Faulk.
It was Marshawn Lynch.
And it wasn't 1st and Goal from the 1. It was 2nd and Goal from the 1.

2015? LOL, man I am getting too old for sports memories. Thanks for these reminders, I will update my post.

Forum List

Back