What are some of the awards or prizes you've won in your life........

This was a long time ago, when I worked for a living....

I won BUYER OF THE YEAR, for Dillard's dept Stores, out of 77 other Buyers in my Corporate Division...
Also won Best R.O.I, Best Sales Increase, Highest Profit Margin, that same year which lead to the overall Award....

As the reward, I won an all expenses paid 10 day trip to Hawaii, for me and the hubby, with a Ford Mustang Convertible to drive while there!!! IT WAS AWESOME!
THAT must have been VERY exciting. Good for you! I certainly remember Dillard's stores. I believe they were in just about every mall in Phoenix, Arizona and its suburbs, in the 1970's and 80's.
oh, they are still there I believe? well at least they were, that was another corporate buying division when I worked for them.... in the mid to late 90's.

I didn't know they had those stores in Maine care4all?

I won BUYER OF THE YEAR, for Dillard's dept Stores, out of 77 other Buyers in my Corporate Division...
Also won Best R.O.I, Best Sales Increase, Highest Profit Margin, that same year which lead to the overall Award....

As the reward, I won an all expenses paid 10 day trip to Hawaii, for me and the hubby, with a Ford Mustang Convertible to drive while there!!! IT WAS AWESOME!
THAT must have been VERY exciting. Good for you! I certainly remember Dillard's stores. I believe they were in just about every mall in Phoenix, Arizona and its suburbs, in the 1970's and 80's.
oh, they are still there I believe? well at least they were, that was another corporate buying division when I worked for them.... in the mid to late 90's.
They had pretty much left all of the malls by the mid 1990's. I think I used to get some of my tickets to concerts through their Ticket Master service. At least I THINK it was Dillard's.

They had pretty much left all of the malls by the mid 1990's. I think I used to get some of my tickets to concerts through their Ticket Master service. At least I THINK it was Dillard's.
looks like they are still there

Dillard's

Phoenix, AZ · In Paradise Valley Mall
Temporarily closed · (602) 953-9600

Website

Directions

Dillard's

Glendale, AZ · In Arrowhead Towne Center
Temporarily closed · (623) 979-1128

Website

Directions

Dillard's

Scottsdale, AZ · In Scottsdale Fashion Square
Temporarily closed · (480) 949-5869

Website

Directions

Dillard's

Phoenix, AZ · In Desert Sky Mall
Temporarily closed · (623) 84

looks like they are still there

Dillard's

Phoenix, AZ · In Paradise Valley Mall
Temporarily closed · (602) 953-9600
Website
Directions

Dillard's

Glendale, AZ · In Arrowhead Towne Center
Temporarily closed · (623) 979-1128
Website
Directions

Dillard's

Scottsdale, AZ · In Scottsdale Fashion Square
Temporarily closed · (480) 949-5869
Website
Directions

Dillard's

Phoenix, AZ · In Desert Sky Mall
Temporarily closed · (623) 84
Wow, that's interesting. I thought they had all closed. I believe there WAS one in Metrocenter Mall that did close. Thanks for the info. I haven't lived in Arizona for almost 10 years now, this is all new news to me. (I can't believe I just used the words "new" and "news" back to back. Oh well, I guess I'm getting tired. I'll leave the two words together, they DO look kind of cool together.)

What am I the most thankful for? When I saw the question, actor Bronson Pinchot is the first thing that came to my mind, I love him SO much!!!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

That you are proudest or most thankful for? With the virus crisis still going on and most of the world in lock down, I thought this might be a good way to reflect on memorable things in our lives that make us happy to look back on. Plus this could be a way for you to "toot your own horn", which also is a pleasurable thing. This could be ANY award or prize you won that brings back fond memories. I have two particular awards I won that I'm fond of recalling. I was voted Best Student Of Eighth Grade by my teachers and my principal. I received some kind of plaque commemorating this. I'm not sure WHERE it is now, but I still have it, packed in a box. The award was a surprise for me because the small rural school I went to tended to look up more to the athletes and not the best students. I was unable to play any sports because I had severe asthma as a kid. But I DID actually letter in 8th grade basketball for my contribution as statistician and manager for the 8th grade basketball team. I loved keeping score for the team, I was a math geek when I was a kid. The manager part wasn't so good. I had to collect all the towels used by the players and made sure the the locker room was nice and clean after the game. But I AM proud that I lettered in a sport, even though I didn't play any. My favorite prize was when I won TEN tickets for an off Broadway production of the musical Cats, the contest was held by a local classic rock radio station. If you came up with the best five classic rock songs that featured some kind of animal(s) in the song title or song itself, first prize was 10 tickets to the show. This was in 1989, the tickets then were worth about $350. I asked my ex-girlfriend to go, we were still friends, my mom and sister, two residents who were living in the group home where I was working, the manager of the group home - my boss, and her husband, and one of my co-workers and his girlfriend. Everyone was able to go on less than 12 hours notice. It was a great experience I'll never forget. Sorry about being so long winded, I have a tendency to do this! So, what are some of YOUR proudest awards or prizes you've received throughout your life?
I havenot recieved my greatest one yet but it is coming soon. My happy day will be when that judge awards me a diviorce. The next one will be when the optomitrist awards me a pair of glasses so I can see this screen again

at the small mall...hubby and i are walking in when i notice this little blonde girl...maybe between 2 and 3 just walking hard towards the door....no one seemed to be watching her.....so i stopped her, bending down i ask where she was going...she jumped in my arms....hubby and i walk towards the middle of the mall and see the frantic parents and her older brother all freaking out...the child is pointing to her parents and then the mother lets out a ear piercing scream and takes her child....no reward other than the look on mom's face and knowing that the wrong person could have easily grabbed that child ....

i did win a raffle....i won a complete bee hive....painted by the staff at burt's bees.....i had maybe 40 hives at that time..

and i won the life lottery when i got this man.....grumpy

That you are proudest or most thankful for? With the virus crisis still going on and most of the world in lock down, I thought this might be a good way to reflect on memorable things in our lives that make us happy to look back on. Plus this could be a way for you to "toot your own horn", which also is a pleasurable thing. This could be ANY award or prize you won that brings back fond memories. I have two particular awards I won that I'm fond of recalling. I was voted Best Student Of Eighth Grade by my teachers and my principal. I received some kind of plaque commemorating this. I'm not sure WHERE it is now, but I still have it, packed in a box. The award was a surprise for me because the small rural school I went to tended to look up more to the athletes and not the best students. I was unable to play any sports because I had severe asthma as a kid. But I DID actually letter in 8th grade basketball for my contribution as statistician and manager for the 8th grade basketball team. I loved keeping score for the team, I was a math geek when I was a kid. The manager part wasn't so good. I had to collect all the towels used by the players and made sure the the locker room was nice and clean after the game. But I AM proud that I lettered in a sport, even though I didn't play any. My favorite prize was when I won TEN tickets for an off Broadway production of the musical Cats, the contest was held by a local classic rock radio station. If you came up with the best five classic rock songs that featured some kind of animal(s) in the song title or song itself, first prize was 10 tickets to the show. This was in 1989, the tickets then were worth about $350. I asked my ex-girlfriend to go, we were still friends, my mom and sister, two residents who were living in the group home where I was working, the manager of the group home - my boss, and her husband, and one of my co-workers and his girlfriend. Everyone was able to go on less than 12 hours notice. It was a great experience I'll never forget. Sorry about being so long winded, I have a tendency to do this! So, what are some of YOUR proudest awards or prizes you've received throughout your life?
Regional "Hot Licks" guitar competition. Got to go to the national finals and play in front of some guitar gods. 20 years ago.

I won a state fencing competition. I was voted best new writer of 1970something. I forget which. I have won a potload of art competitions. I won several dance competitions.

I'm competitive that way.

I used to love fennicing , but kind of lost my intrest when that Russian was killed in the Olympics ( the plastic tip fell off, think it was 1984?

It was a fun sport in high school
You won an award for knowing a language?

Why you think English is like math?

It's made up, from Germanic..

God damn you're stupid.
Fennic isnt english dummy. What are you talking about? So you must have been lying then about winning an award?
He's talking origins, English is a derivation of primarily West Germanic with a blend of other languages mixed in. East Germanic (Vandal, Goth and Burgundian) are extinct, North Germanic is Icelandic, Faroese, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish.

Forum List

Back