What would you do with a billion dollars?

I would avoid lotteries unless I could consistently win small or medium size pots. Huge jackpot wins consistently wreck the winners' lives, and that's the better case scenario. Some winners are tortured or killed and robbed.

I'd take a very large portion of it and donate it over the course of a year, to charities actually deserving of it like st nudes hospital. I'd send chunks of money to a thousand different churches.

Buy a hundred acre wooded lot with a lake to build a home. Invest money in a wide variety of ways to just sit on as a security for my future.

Help my family and friends pay off mortgages and bills.

But honestly I don't want that much money. That much money would mean if I kept it all my life would become me just trying to keep and maintain that money. I don't want that.

I'd be thrilled to death just to win 500,000 dollars after taxes. That would secure me for life as I could get ahead and just keep working like I do now. Pay off my bills, build a nice house on a nice lot.

I know what I wouldn't do and that's fly commercial airlines ever again.

The rest I'd give away to worthy causes and keep maybe $10 million just to get me through to the end.

Some awesome and worthy ideas of helping others.
I should clarify the OP. I would give alot of money to everyone. That includes everyone here on the USMB. at least 25 million dollars each. I wish I could give everybody a Billion Dollars. i'm not good at math so I do not know how much money from a billion dollars could be given to each person.

Forum List

Back