What are some of the awards or prizes you've won in your life........

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
That you are proudest or most thankful for? With the virus crisis still going on and most of the world in lock down, I thought this might be a good way to reflect on memorable things in our lives that make us happy to look back on. Plus this could be a way for you to "toot your own horn", which also is a pleasurable thing. This could be ANY award or prize you won that brings back fond memories. I have two particular awards I won that I'm fond of recalling. I was voted Best Student Of Eighth Grade by my teachers and my principal. I received some kind of plaque commemorating this. I'm not sure WHERE it is now, but I still have it, packed in a box. The award was a surprise for me because the small rural school I went to tended to look up more to the athletes and not the best students. I was unable to play any sports because I had severe asthma as a kid. But I DID actually letter in 8th grade basketball for my contribution as statistician and manager for the 8th grade basketball team. I loved keeping score for the team, I was a math geek when I was a kid. The manager part wasn't so good. I had to collect all the towels used by the players and made sure the the locker room was nice and clean after the game. But I AM proud that I lettered in a sport, even though I didn't play any. My favorite prize was when I won TEN tickets for an off Broadway production of the musical Cats, the contest was held by a local classic rock radio station. If you came up with the best five classic rock songs that featured some kind of animal(s) in the song title or song itself, first prize was 10 tickets to the show. This was in 1989, the tickets then were worth about $350. I asked my ex-girlfriend to go, we were still friends, my mom and sister, two residents who were living in the group home where I was working, the manager of the group home - my boss, and her husband, and one of my co-workers and his girlfriend. Everyone was able to go on less than 12 hours notice. It was a great experience I'll never forget. Sorry about being so long winded, I have a tendency to do this! So, what are some of YOUR proudest awards or prizes you've received throughout your life?

When I was a kid some homeless guy down the street rewarded me the "prettiest mouth in town" award. For some reason I seem to have blocked out what happened next.

I won a state fencing competition. I was voted best new writer of 1970something. I forget which. I have won a potload of art competitions. I won several dance competitions.

I'm competitive that way.

I used to love fennicing , but kind of lost my intrest when that Russian was killed in the Olympics ( the plastic tip fell off, think it was 1984?

It was a fun sport in high school

I won a state fencing competition. I was voted best new writer of 1970something. I forget which. I have won a potload of art competitions. I won several dance competitions.

I used to love fennicing , but kind of lost my intrest when that Russian was killed in the Olympics ( the plastic tip fell off, think it was 1984?

You won an award for knowing a language?

Wow, someone was killed in Olympics Fencing? That must have been horrific.

Nothing.

I have won no prizes.

no problem, never bothered me! do people win prizes????

Uhm you wom numerous prizes on here Skye..

Us guys wrote threads on you..

:)

That's kind of you to say...thank you!

but I was thinking about life prizes .....you know...school ...work and all that!:)

Behind a good man...

You really inspired us over the years, you do know that, correct skye?

Your cuteness, your wit, your brains..

I love knowing when I log on skye has something interesting to say on USMB..

Forum List

Back