What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex,

Bill Clinton was impeached for the crimes of perjury and obstruction of justice. That you pretend that is ridiculous, is you revealing you are not a serious or honest person.
Why was he testifying under oath?

Because of an accusation of sexual harassment.
Monica Lewinsky didn't accuse him of sexual harassment.

Correct. She did not.
They were the only 2 principles. No one else was in the Oval with them.

Ummm, are you seriously this ignorant?

Then go read a book, don't post about shit you don't know shit about.

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts.
I agree and Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftists are doing their best to destroy the REPUBLIC....

1. The first House manager made a persuasive argument. His best argument was that Trump was in office when the alleged incitement happened and was in office when he was impeached. From that it follows that naturally the Senate must try the impeachment!
  2. The third House manager presented much evidence totally hearsay and irrelevant, having nothing to do with Trump himself!
  3. Trump's first lawyer better get a lot better. He was so dull and boring I finally had to FF skipping through most of his presentation looking for the meat! He kept making a case, if any, that sounded more like he was improving the House's argument rather than refuting it! He failed on the worst front: While talking about the horrible travesty of 1-6, he failed to point out that the people there and the riot that ensued had pre-planned the whole event and were not there because Trump "sent them," but that they were there because tens of millions of Americans object not only to how the election was run, but how all of the evidence of fraud has been denied and swept under the rug without any look at it much less vetting while claiming it was baseless. He failed to make the case that the real reason for the riot was the Democrats shoving an illegal and improper election down America's throats leaving tons of HUGE and serious questions and doubts remaining about it unanswered. Trump was fully in his rights to question it. Being at that rally that day merely set the stage for what had started out a rather peaceful ordinary protest that quickly, unfortunately grew out of control and the Dems want to hang it all on Trump to cover for their involvement. The only thing the guy said any good at all is that this is all really about trying to deprive America of the chance that Trump might run again because there is every credible chance HE WOULD WIN.
  4. The 2nd Trump lawyer Schron was great and made fully the case that the trial is illegal, conclusively showed that the Constitution does NOT support it, and it will only rip the nation farther apart. He also conclusively showed how the House hastily threw the impeachment together without any fact finding or due process, and had sought for four years to demonize and impeach Trump for anything at all long before he had even done anything, indeed, nothing that Biden hasn't already done.
  5. The six GOP voting to move ahead with the trial are the usual worthless RINO scum vermin traitors that make me hate the GOP and want to puke.
Trump's lawyers lost on the procedural basis to dismiss the trial as illegal. They will win on showing that Trump cannot be made wholly accountable for the riot, that he had not intended it and had every right to think, feel and say the things he did, but to do that, they better build the case for the real CAUSE of the riot: the highly specious election and its many unanswered questions which left 100 million people doubting an honest, fair and open election has been held.

IN THE END: Trump is really being put on trial for being a President of the People first, and putting them and their interests above and before his role in government. What is really being tried today and trying to be stopped is the populist movement of the millions totally dissatisfied with the government and their representatives rising up to take power from government and put is squarely back in the hands of its citizenry where it belongs.

Last edited:
its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time
Naw, it won't. The violence of the preceeding 11 months and that of the unhinged left that is sure to follow is the real issue.
While the dumb shit the tards did on the 6th was out of bounds it is done and over. Meanwhile the sickness that is the progressive mentality is still crippling our nation and there are no signs of it letting up.

Your kind is blind to your political cult. Trump was but a blip on the radar while the shit you guys are infecting our nation with has been ongoing for near a decade and shows no signs of receding.

See my sig for further details

Naw, it won't. The violence of the preceeding 11 months and that of the unhinged left that is sure to follow is the real issue.
While the dumb shit the tards did on the 6th was out of bounds it is done and over. Meanwhile the sickness that is the progressive mentality is still crippling our nation and there are no signs of it letting up.

Your kind is blind to your political cult. Trump was but a blip on the radar while the shit you guys are infecting our nation with has been ongoing for near a decade and shows no signs of receding.

“Your kind” ? — My kind ?
“You guys” ? — My guys ?
“Your political cult” ? — My political cult ?

I’m glad and recognize you at least characterized the violence in D.C. as ... “the dumb shit the tards did on the 6th was out of bounds.”

I don’t lump you in with those lunatics and thugs by saying they are ... “your kind.”

Please extend me a similar courtesy in regard to whatever violence or looting or “unhinged shit” you are objecting to.

But the funny thing is Trump does proudly talk about “his people,” and plays on the grievances of “ignorant people” whom he “loves.” He flatters them and feeds them “big lies” about the “big steal” of an election he won “in a landslide” ... and then purposely unleashed them on the Capitol Building.

The months of “unhinged” “dumb shit” Trump personally encouraged and articulated ineluctably led to Jan. 6th, when his people carrying his banners and shouting his slogans tried to keep him in power illegally.

That is the “dark shadow” of political mob rule that will remain hovering over U.S. politics as long as ex-President Trump goes unpunished.

Last edited:

“Your kind” ?
“You guys” ?

I’m glad you said “the dumb shit the tards did on the 6th was out of bounds.”

I don’t lump you in with them ... by saying ... they are “your kind.”

Please extend me a similar courtesy in regard to whatever violence or looting or “unhinged shit” you are objecting to.

But the funny thing is Trump does talk about “his people,” and plays on the grievances of “ignorant people” whom he “loves.” He feeds them “big lies” about the “big steal” of an election he won “In a landslide” and unleashes them on the Capitol.

And of course the “unhinged” “dumb shit” Trump personally encouraged ineluctably led to Jan. 6th when his people carrying his banners and shouting his slogans tried to keep him in power illegally.

That is the “dark shadow” of political mob rule that will remain hovering over U.S. politics as long as ex-President Trump goes unpunished.

Trump's rise to political power and his administration was characterized by completely normal, mainstream policies supported by good, working class and middle class Americans.

“Your kind” ? — My kind ?
“You guys” ? — My guys ?
“Your political cult” ? — My political cult ?

I’m glad and recognize you at least characterized the violence in D.C. as ... “the dumb shit the tards did on the 6th was out of bounds.”

I don’t lump you in with those lunatics and thugs by saying they are ... “your kind.”

But the funny thing is Trump does proudly talk about “his people,” and plays on the grievances of “ignorant people” whom he “loves.” He flatters them and feeds them “big lies” about the “big steal” of an election he won “In a landslide” ... and then purposely unleashed them on the Capitol Building.

The months of “unhinged” “dumb shit” Trump personally encouraged and articulated ineluctably led to Jan. 6th, when his people carrying his banners and shouting his slogans tried to keep him in power illegally.

You're one of those idiots that thinks murder because of "hate" is different than murder because of say robbery huh?

Dead is dead. A mourning family is a mourning family. Other than self gratification of the knowledge for the motivation it is irrelevant.
No added on descriptor of the violence is going to bring anyone back. It isn't going to unburn a torched property. It isn't going to unrape a vulnerable female.

You people live in platitudes and semantics. The damage done won't suddenly dissappear because you were able to apply an ideology to it.
Only recognizing the symptoms for the cause and an HONEST attempt to address those issues will ever make any difference.

Orange man bad is not a cause, it is a symptom of your lack of understanding of the deeper problems we face.

“Your kind” ?
“You guys” ?

But the funny thing is Trump does talk about “his people,” and plays on the grievances of “ignorant people” whom he “loves.” He feeds them “big lies” about the “big steal” of an election he won “In a landslide” and unleashes them on the Capitol.

And of course the “unhinged” “dumb shit” Trump personally encouraged ineluctably led to Jan. 6th when his people carrying his banners and shouting his slogans tried to keep him in power illegally.

Trump's rise to political power and his administration was characterized by completely normal, mainstream policies supported by good, working class and middle class Americans.
You’re just a troll.

“Your kind” ?
“You guys” ?

You’re just a troll.

Jobs, deporting illegals and less interventionism.

ANd you call me a Troll?

LOL!!!

The fact that this entire forum is very quiet shows that the Trumpers have zero case.

We're not watching! LOL
Of course you aren't.
Neither were the Republican Senators during the video of the Trump thugs attacking the Capitol, according to multiple reports. They purposely looked away, or pretended to shuffle through papers.

Cowards and traitors.
Well, at least they have the decency to be embarrassed.

This Schoen lawyer is an actual mafia lawyer. Because that's Trump's circle.
Is he really?
Yup.
In an interview with the Atlanta Jewish Times last year, the Atlanta-based attorney said: “I represented all sorts of reputed mobster figures: alleged head of Russian mafia in this country, Israeli mafia and two Italian bosses, as well a guy the government claimed was the biggest mafioso in the world.”

After TrumpQ Incited the riot, called Pence a coward to fire up the worked up mob already inside the Capitol and said he loved the rioters who killed a cop, there is no “good” or “normal” or “mainstream” in any working class and middle class American who still has praise for TrumpQ and still believes his lies about the election he lost by seven million real mainstream good American voters who voted for Joe.

Well, we have — to the surprise of very few — only six Republican Senators who voted to reject Trump’s preposterous argument that the U.S. Constitution does not allow a trial on the impeachment charges already brought against him in the House of Representatives.

This should have been an easy vote, since even Republicans who might ultimately vote Trump “not guilty” knew full well the great majority of Constitutional scholars, even including the Federalist Society’s co-founder and most Republican court appointees, saw this trial as perfectly legal and Constitutional.

I suppose many needed to “triangulate” their vote against the impeachment charges, which they can now say they will do on purely technical grounds. Real rightwing populists don’t care about anything besides keeping their Trump voters riled up and on board. They surely don’t care about precedent or Constitutional theory. Others in deep Red states fear primary challenges. Perhaps a few genuine anti-Trump Republicans figured this way they can still denounce Trump’s actions leading up to Jan. 6th, but opine they couldn’t actually vote against Trump since the trial in itself was “unconstitutional.”

In short, 44 Republican Senators acted like typical professional politicians more interested in keeping their well paid jobs and sideline graft opportunities than take a principled stand, or show any “profile in courage.”

For the record, the six Republican Senators who did not disgrace themselves in this vote were ...

Ben Sasse
Bill Cassidy
Lisa Murkowski
Mitt Romney
Pat Toomey
Susan Collins

Last edited:
Well, we have — to the surprise of very few — only six Republican Senators who voted to reject Trump’s preposterous argument that the U.S. Constitution does not allow a trial on the impeachment charges already brought against him in the House of Representatives.

This should have been an easy vote, since even Republicans who might ultimately vote Trump “not guilty” knew full well the great majority of Constitutional scholars, even including the Federalist Society’s co-founder and most Republican court appointees, saw this trial as perfectly legal and Constitutional.

I suppose many needed to “triangulate” their vote against the impeachment charges, which they can now say they will do on purely technical grounds. Real rightwing populists don’t care about anything besides keeping their Trump voters riled up and on board. They surely don’t care about precedent or Constitutional theory. Others in deep Red states fear primary challenges. Perhaps a few genuine anti-Trump Republicans figured this way they can still denounce Trump’s actions leading up to Jan. 6th, but opine they couldn’t actually vote against Trump since the trial in itself was “unconstitutional.”

In short, 44 Republican Senators acted like typical professional politicians more interested in keeping their well paid jobs and sideline graft opportunities than take a principled stand, or show any “profile in courage.”

For the record, the six Republican Senators who did not disgrace themselves in this vote were ...

Ben Sasse
Bill Cassidy
Lisa Murkowski
Mitt Romney
Pat Toomey
Susan Collins

Let's face it -- those of you who are working for Chinese Communist world domination welcome anything that you see as weakening us, now, don't you?

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

It’s our Republic ... if we can keep it.
My first thought watching some of the highlights was "tRump really shouldn't have stiffed all the good lawyers".

The second thought is it's not gonna make any difference, the republicans are still.terrified of him so they won't vote to convict. That kinda boggles me. They have the opportunity to purge him from the party but won't take it.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex,

Bill Clinton was impeached for the crimes of perjury and obstruction of justice. That you pretend that is ridiculous, is you revealing you are not a serious or honest person.
Why was he testifying under oath?

Because of an accusation of sexual harassment.
Monica Lewinsky didn't accuse him of sexual harassment.
He bonked an underling on the oval office desk--------------in any corporation in america, Clinton would have been fired with charges likely filed against him while monica the willing ho---would be suing his company for a nice pay package.

My husband has a friend of his (I can't stand the guy) who bonked his young underling when he was a ceo of a major company-----which cost him both his marriage, the love his 3 daughters who till this day hate him, and his job---he is now just a station manager with another company and married to the one that he bonked. Willing or not---they are both gone from their jobs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back