What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

it says in the constitution that impeachment is to be considered as an action to remove a sitting president AND prevent them from further office. The second clause is dependant on the first.

It doesn't say OR prevent a person from further office.

This is all a fraudulent dog and pony show, as impeachment was never meant to be an action taken against a private citizen
Did you notice the "precedent" they used in the senate?
William Belknap. Thats who. The guy that got impeached and the Senate voted they didnt have the jurisdiction to convict a removed public servant.
You cant make this shit up
William W. Belknap - Wikipedia
From the very first paragraph of you own link:

“Belknap's defense managers argued that the Senate had no jurisdiction; the Senate ruled by a vote of 37–29 that it did.”

You just “made your own shit up.” If you listened to the discussion you would perhaps have learned something.

FOr example, Trump called Pence a coward. Ok fine. But then you assume that he was directing it to specific people, with a specific intent, without any support.

TrumpQ directed the most urgent intent to the “specific people who attended his rally” that morning and listened to it on the Mall. He said he was going to be with them

He told them ‘ literally ‘ fucking told them
that he would be there with them, he was going to walk there with them, to fight, to stop the steal, make Pence do the right thing and stop the steal to save their country.

They were chanting. “ fight for Trump” TrumpQ told them fight fight fight., if they didn’t fight strong enough they would lose their country.

You want more than that to prove intent? The good citizens of this country really don’t give a damn anymore about what a Trump supporter wants. You are dead to America.

it says in the constitution that impeachment is to be considered as an action to remove a sitting president AND prevent them from further office. The second clause is dependant on the first.

It doesn't say OR prevent a person from further office.

This is all a fraudulent dog and pony show, as impeachment was never meant to be an action taken against a private citizen
Did you notice the "precedent" they used in the senate?
William Belknap. Thats who. The guy that got impeached and the Senate voted they didnt have the jurisdiction to convict a removed public servant.
You cant make this shit up
William W. Belknap - Wikipedia
From the very first paragraph of you own link:

“Belknap's defense managers argued that the Senate had no jurisdiction; the Senate ruled by a vote of 37–29 that it did.”

You just “made your own shit up.” If you listened to the discussion you would perhaps have learned something.
All Senators agreed that Belknap took the money but not enough believed they had jurisdiction.
But yes, I should have worded that different.

You are ginning up hysteria and panic in order do justify dismissing and marginalizing people that you don't like

I am ginning up hysteria and TrumpQ was not?

You are dead to America.

Has trump filed any lawsuits as a private citizen against any of the states that presumably stole the election from him?

If not why not. And will he?

The sham trial just shows how rabid the communists are and why they should never be forgiven nor what they do forgotten. They need to be punished. Severely and unendingly.
Speaking of communists, a VERY important event occurred in China in 1949.

Just saying.....

Well, the challenge to the legality of the trial has been heard and has now been dismissed by Senate vote. The arguments and evidence for conviction are now being presented and it should all be over by next week. Reuters briefly reported the opening argument for conviction this way ...

“Trump’s behavior ‘could have easily disrupted the transfer of power in the United States’ for the first time in its history, U.S. Representative Jamie Raskin said as he opened the proceedings on Wednesday, calling the trial ‘a moment of truth for America.’”

Well, the challenge to the legality of the trial has been heard and has now been dismissed by Senate vote. The arguments and evidence for conviction are now being presented and it should all be over by next week. Reuters briefly reported the opening argument for conviction this way ...

“Trump’s behavior ‘could have easily disrupted the transfer of power in the United States’ for the first time in its history, U.S. Representative Jamie Raskin said as he opened the proceedings on Wednesday, calling the trial ‘a moment of truth for America.’”

It is the Supreme Court responsible for determining legality, not partisan members of the senate.

I don't know how it works in China, but that is the system set up here.

It is the Supreme Court responsible for determining legality, not partisan members of the senate.

The Congress decides Impeachment and Conviction. The same Congress that was attacked. Don’t like it? By all means ... take it up with the Supreme Court!

You know, that’s the Court Trump appointed three justices to!

:banghead:

Last edited:

The Congress decides Impeachment and Conviction. The same Congress that was attacked. Don’t like it? By all means ... take it up with the Supreme Court!

Our constitution says the chief Justice is to preside and issues of legality are determined accordingly.

I realize the Chinese don't like that, but we are a nation of law.

Our constitution says the chief Justice is to preside and issues of legality are determined accordingly.

Trump (and you) couldn’t give a shit about the Constitution, or legality, or the truth. All of which is now being discussed and proven to anyone not a Trump cultist or cowardly Republican politician afraid of losing the votes of Trump cultists.

If you don’t like it, maybe it’s YOU who should try moving to Russia or China, or Brazil, or Saudi Arabia or Israel.

Trump (and you) couldn’t give a shit about the Constitution, or legality, or the truth. All of which is now being discussed and proven to anyone not a Trump cultist or cowardly Republican politician afraid of losing the votes of Trump cultists.

If you don’t like it, maybe it’s YOU who should try moving to Russia or China, or Brazil, or Saudi Arabia or Israel.
I don't do things just because Chinese communist agents demand I do.

Thanks for trying, though.

Not sure what you’re referring to. Trying to slander me again?
You’re as usual both wrong ... and acting as an asshole.

You’re like a useless old dog gnawing on a dry bone you dug up from some disgusting garbage dump.

Perhaps now, without Trump, you’re becoming even more rabid.
You really should be kept away from civil people.
Guess I’m just the “dog-catcher” in this animal house.

You’re like a useless old dog gnawing on a dry bone you dug up from some disgusting garbage dump.

Slander is a term that addresses something spoken rather that printed. Again, learned the language quite well for a second language but miss some of the finer points.

Beyond that, the term only covers cases where a person's identity is known. It was never meant to apply to anonymous foreign agents.

Slander is a term that addresses something spoken rather that printed. Again, learned the language quite well for a second language but miss some of the finer points.

Beyond that, the term only covers cases where a person's identity is known. It was never meant to apply to anonymous foreign agents.

You’re in a doghouse you built all by yourself.
In a madhouse you share with other rabid Trumpsters.
You’re not in a courthouse or a schoolhouse.
“Slander” me as much as you like, big mouth.

Last edited:

You’re in a doghouse you built all by yourself.
In a madhouse you share with other rabid Trumpsters.
You’re not in a courthouse or a schoolhouse.
“Slander” me as much as you like, big mouth.
It is impossible for me to slander you here.

Supporting the U.S. constution in opposition to the designs of a representative of Chinese communist interests does not make me a Trumpster.

It just makes me an American.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.
Imho, Trump made his fatal mistake by embracing foreign dictators. This was something elite members of the US Military could not tolerate. I suspect the next right-wing wanna-be dictator will be much too smart to make the same mistake
mike-pompeo_gettyimages-631552716.jpg

Mike Pompeo

FOr example, Trump called Pence a coward. Ok fine. But then you assume that he was directing it to specific people, with a specific intent, without any support.

TrumpQ directed the most urgent intent to the “specific people who attended his rally” that morning and listened to it on the Mall. He said he was going to be with them

He told them ‘ literally ‘ fucking told them
that he would be there with them, he was going to walk there with them, to fight, to stop the steal, make Pence do the right thing and stop the steal to save their country.

They were chanting. “ fight for Trump” TrumpQ told them fight fight fight., if they didn’t fight strong enough they would lose their country.

You want more than that to prove intent? The good citizens of this country really don’t give a damn anymore about what a Trump supporter wants. You are dead to America.

You are listing things Trump said, as though he said them, together, in order to give the illusion of a connection.

But, you don't explicitly make the connection. You imply it, and then judge Trump as though your implication was fact.

BUT, by doing it that way, if I call you out on any specific point, you can accuse me of putting words in your mouth.

Standard lefty dishonest shit.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.
Imho, Trump made his fatal mistake by embracing foreign dictators. This was something elite members of the US Military could not tolerate. I suspect the next right-wing wanna-be dictator will be much too smart to make the same mistake

Mike Pompeo
I think yours is a very perceptive comment, and a warning to us all. The fact that sufficient numbers of Republican Senators apparently aren’t willing even now to convict ... is also a very ominous development. Not surprising, but ominous.

Last edited:

Mike Pompeo
I think yours is a very perceptive comment, and a warning to us all. The fact that sufficient numbers of Republican Senators apparently aren’t willing even now to convict ... is also a very ominous development. Not surprising, but ominous.

We have a media that managed to convince half the country that the President of the United States said that nazis were "very fine people",

when he explicitly said the exact opposite.

That right there, was the election being stolen by fraud.

We have had years of riots, with dem mayors siding with the mobs, to the point of firing cops for arresting criminals or ordering federal agents to not protect themselves.

And you want to have to ignore all of that, to join in the dog pile.

Forum List

Back