what age did your body break down and you got old

1. I am 85.

2. Until May, I was regularly walking three miles (to the post office, bank, etc.) with absolute confidence and security --as if I were a mere 75!!!

3.Then tragedy struck.

a. My doctor told me I had prostate cancer but that if I took a certain medicine, it would keep the cancer away for at least 5 years.

4. So I took the first shot (in the posterior) in May. And the other shot in August. (Every three months)

a. The price one pays is almost NO testosterone is left in one's body.

b. And no testosterone means loss of muscle mass.

c. I no longer dare go out for my cherished walks. Too weak. Too unstable.

5. So instead of being outside enjoying walking (like a young stud of 85), I am writing to you.

6. I have decided to quit that medicine.

7. The doctor says that my testosterone should return in about six months.

(P.S. Now when I want to mail a letter or visit a bank, I have to hire a caregiver to drive me there, wait for me, and bring me home.)

39 years, 3 months.
Braggart... lol

When did you body break down and you became old ??

Thanks
Shot at and Missed, Shit at and Hit

At age 19, from exhausting combat patrols in Vietnam. They rushed us over there without enough fitness training to march all day in the brutal son with a heavy pack on uneven ground. Also, deafening explosions, dysentery, and sunstroke. The stress, too, was numbing, killing a lot of cells.

Last edited:
that can't possibly suck enough Basq. Anecdotally, I've stuck around long enough to loose a lotta friends & fam........but i'm talkin' late in life, not outta the gate.....

I've heard that so many times from patients that i'm starting to believe their insights are really solid ~S~
I haven't lost a lot of friends or athletes i like...other than my dad dying, i'm a lucky man..

I'm glad she gets some relief. :)

What is that
Shot at and Missed, Shit at and Hit

At age 19, from exhausting combat patrols in Vietnam. They rushed us over there without enough fitness training to march all day in the brutal son with a heavy pack on uneven ground. Also, deafening explosions, dysentery, and sunstroke. The stress, too, was numbing, killing a lot of cells.

WOW.. War at 19

Glad you survived

1. I am 85.

2. Until May, I was regularly walking three miles (to the post office, bank, etc.) with absolute confidence and security --as if I were a mere 75!!!

3.Then tragedy struck.

a. My doctor told me I had prostate cancer but that if I took a certain medicine, it would keep the cancer away for at least 5 years.

4. So I took the first shot (in the posterior) in May. And the other shot in August. (Every three months)

a. The price one pays is almost NO testosterone is left in one's body.

b. And no testosterone means loss of muscle mass.

c. I no longer dare go out for my cherished walks. Too weak. Too unstable.

5. So instead of being outside enjoying walking (like a young stud of 85), I am writing to you.

6. I have decided to quit that medicine.

7. The doctor says that my testosterone should return in about six months.

(P.S. Now when I want to mail a letter or visit a bank, I have to hire a caregiver to drive me there, wait for me, and bring me home.)
I’m so sorry to hear all that.

i'm a lucky man..
w/ a grand tude.....
I've been a musician and songwriter for over 50 years. I also have a 'cover' band and love learning new tunes and there is always more to learn. So far my body lets me still play my guitar so I am blessed that way.
been a bass player for about as long

i'm sure you know music is like some sort of salve Leo, when you got 'em all up, they forget about how hard life is or any of their troubles......~S~

I’m almost 63 and for some reason it was 60 that hit me hard. I started to really notice changes. I keep active though, I run 3.5 miles everyday at lunch and I hike my dogs. If I keep moving I figure I am better off. I don’t dare stop, the older I get the harder and more painful it is to get it back.

I’d like an owners manual on this stuff.

62 Next month.

But I passed six months ago. shhhh.. Don't tell anyone.

w/ a grand tude.....

been a bass player for about as long

i'm sure you know music is like some sort of salve Leo, when you got 'em all up, they forget about how hard life is or any of their troubles......~S~
Yep and even better when the tip jar gets filled up! :cool:

My strength is still good

My speed was the first to go

Yeah, my strength is definitely down, I am probably about 40% down from when I was at my peak. Maybe a bit more. But my stamina is still very good.

My back crapped out on me. No more weight lifting though I can still use machines. That hurt. I can't walk far, but I push it. I am getting shots for my back. In a couple of months I'll move into MI Jong Lo Han martial arts. Keep moving. I'm 76.

I had been doing amazingly well for my age, up until I broke my leg in 2019, a few months short of 57 years of age.

I don't know how much age has to do with it, but I am dismayed that I have still not recovered all the strength and stamina that I had before that mishap. It seems to me that an extended period of forced idleness has proven more damaging to me in the long run, than the injury itself has. I've been back to real work, now, for more than a year and a half, and I find that I get tired much more easily than I used to, and I get ill more easily than I used to.

I'm now two weeks away from turning 60.

And two year after that, I will have a birthday that will only last a minute—it will be my sixty-second birthday.

My back crapped out on me. No more weight lifting though I can still use machines. That hurt. I can't walk far, but I push it. I am getting shots for my back. In a couple of months I'll move into MI Jong Lo Han martial arts. Keep moving. I'm 76.

I had a few shots for my back and did not work.

It may WORK FOR You..

Damn shots caused me a few grand but you have to spend money on health

Forum List

Back