what age did your body break down and you got old

My legs are skinny and brittle looking but I am working out and my shoulders look ok

I had been doing amazingly well for my age, up until I broke my leg in 2019, a few months short of 57 years of age.

I don't know how much age has to do with it, but I am dismayed that I have still not recovered all the strength and stamina that I had before that mishap. It seems to me that an extended period of forced idleness has proven more damaging to me in the long run, than the injury itself has. I've been back to real work, now, for more than a year and a half, and I find that I get tired much more easily than I used to, and I get ill more easily than I used to.

I'm now two weeks away from turning 60.

And two year after that, I will have a birthday that will only last a minute—it will be my sixty-second birthday.
I don’t get it - why will your birthday only last a minute? My birthday lasts all day.

I had been doing amazingly well for my age, up until I broke my leg in 2019, a few months short of 57 years of age.

I don't know how much age has to do with it, but I am dismayed that I have still not recovered all the strength and stamina that I had before that mishap. It seems to me that an extended period of forced idleness has proven more damaging to me in the long run, than the injury itself has. I've been back to real work, now, for more than a year and a half, and I find that I get tired much more easily than I used to, and I get ill more easily than I used to.

I'm now two weeks away from turning 60.

And two year after that, I will have a birthday that will only last a minute—it will be my sixty-second birthday.
Yeah, it takes longer to bounce back from an injury when you get older for sure. I'm older than you and a month ago, I was bucking and splitting wood, slipped and fell on my back and bruised my ribs. Then I got Covid and had a cough. Every time I coughed it hurt like Hell. Still recovering.

Yeah, it takes longer to bounce back from an injury when you get older for sure. I'm older than you and a month ago, I was bucking and splitting wood, slipped and fell on my back and bruised my ribs. Then I got Covid and had a cough. Every time I coughed it hurt like Hell. Still recovering.

My wife and I both had COVID-1984 a few months ago. She's “fully vaccinated” while I absolutely refuse to let that poison be injected into me.

It hit both of us like a normal cold/flu, except that I recovered from it faster and more completely than I usually recover from a cold/flu. If anything, it hit my wife harder than it hit me. Just one more datum to show what bullshit the dangerous experimental mRNA poison truly is.

I'll be 83 next month but my body started breaking down at age 3. I am still in good physical shape though. A carnival fortune teller once told me that I would be shot dead at age 105 while trying to escape from a jealous husband.

At 105 that's a good way to go out.

my grandfather died at 102 in his own bed, in his own house, asleep, and that's probably the 2nd best way to go out.

Are you recovering??
Did the symtoms come on very slow or fast

Sorry

Stage 2 Triple Negative Breast Cancer, no symptoms, just a lump........had chemo & surgery to remove it & declared cancer free. 2 years later my husband of nearly 30 years was diagnosed with Stage 3B Squamish cell lung cancer and given 2 months to live, but hung on for 3 years and not long after his diagnosis my back went out. Haven't had a day without pain since. Mostly from arthritis and bone degeneration irritating the nerve roots,

What a depressing thread guys.

I am forty-nine and still at peak, seasoned and strong two years out from Army retirement. If anything is slowing me down at times it's the smoking; sometimes two packs a day and more. I always plan on quitting but no one likes . . . a quitter. At least I must finally admit . . . I'm not immortal . . . that much is obvious. My grandfather was in iron man shape until suddenly dropping off at about 87, then dying of an infection five years later. I hope to mirror his life trajectory, but he was a unique specimen; weren't all those WWII guys? My other grandfather, however, strongly advised me to never allow myself to reach his age (89 at the time). I think about his advice all the time. My wife just turned 44. She doesn't look a day over twenty-five. Hopefully we will keep each other young.

I’m 48 now. On a daily basis I have to guess which parts of my body will and won’t work and if my brain is going to continue to run it’s operating system properly.
You're still a youngster... lol

What a depressing thread guys.

I am forty-nine and still at peak, seasoned and strong two years out from Army retirement. If anything is slowing me down at times it's the smoking; sometimes two packs a day and more. I always plan on quitting but no one likes . . . a quitter. At least I must finally admit . . . I'm not immortal . . . that much is obvious. My grandfather was in iron man shape until suddenly dropping off at about 87, then dying of an infection five years later. I hope to mirror his life trajectory, but he was a unique specimen; weren't all those WWII guys? My other grandfather, however, strongly advised me to never allow myself to reach his age (89 at the time). I think about his advice all the time. My wife just turned 44. She doesn't look a day over twenty-five. Hopefully we will keep each other young.
Stop the smoking ASAP.

Forum List

Back