what age did your body break down and you got old

I’m 60, and I’m resisting thinking that it has happened to me. I need to get back on the running trail, climbing course In my local park. Because I’m not as good as I once was, and not even as good once as I ever was.

Two weeks ago, I got trapped outside of a locked door at school, after talking to a student who was in PE class at the running track. The back door opened up to the athletic field, but it turned out that high fencing now blocked all escape other than back through the building, as a security measure. Rather than bother coaches for the key, I decided to climb.

There was one place in which a four foot high concrete stoop abutted the fence. I thought ‘surely I can get over with that head start.’ I did great until I got to the very top, straddling it. Then my body told me I had made a mistake. By a miracle, I made it over and to the ground on the other side without tearing off my testicles or breaking my legs.

Time to get in shape. I’ll keep you posted.

I'm over 65. Just got my Starlink 'dish'......Put up the ladder, climbed up and got on the roof. Suddenly, I knew that was a very bad idea. Barely made it up, couldn't really do much when I got up there so, I barely made it back to the ladder and slinked down. 'Dishy' stays on it's little stand on the ground.

I had one work related knee job done, arthroscopic , they kept me awake but doped me up. So the i knew the anesthesiologist , who had a whole library of tunes and asked me what i'd like. I said i was really fond of the Beach Boys

i sang the whole time too.....

HELP ME RONDA, HELP HELP ME RONDA.....

i remember the nurses laughing , and the doc's all smilin' .....
~S~

Old age issues kinda creep up on ya, a little at a time usually. But when I was hospitalized with Covid and Covid pneumonia in November, 2020, I was 64. I almost didn’t make it. I have been breaking down a little faster with the effects from Covid ever since.

I’m 44 and only part of my body that has betrayed me is the hair on my head
It only gets worse.... Prevention has it's limit's.... ROTFLMBO...Stock up on Vinegar, Tumeric, vitamin's, BPMeds, and anything else you can read about on YouTube... ROTFLMBO 🤣

When did you body break down and you became old ??

Thanks
1. I am 85.

2. Until May, I was regularly walking three miles (to the post office, bank, etc.) with absolute confidence and security --as if I were a mere 75!!!

3.Then tragedy struck.

a. My doctor told me I had prostate cancer but that if I took a certain medicine, it would keep the cancer away for at least 5 years.

4. So I took the first shot (in the posterior) in May. And the other shot in August. (Every three months)

a. The price one pays is almost NO testosterone is left in one's body.

b. And no testosterone means loss of muscle mass.

c. I no longer dare go out for my cherished walks. Too weak. Too unstable.

5. So instead of being outside enjoying walking (like a young stud of 85), I am writing to you.

6. I have decided to quit that medicine.

7. The doctor says that my testosterone should return in about six months.

(P.S. Now when I want to mail a letter or visit a bank, I have to hire a caregiver to drive me there, wait for me, and bring me home.)

Old age issues kinda creep up on ya, a little at a time usually. But when I was hospitalized with Covid and Covid pneumonia in November, 2020, I was 64. I almost didn’t make it. I have been breaking down a little faster with the effects from Covid ever since.
Depends on the person I guess.... I'm over that age, had COVID, and got well thank goodness. No residual lingering effects that I can think of.

Back to normal except for being old, and they don't have a cure for that yet. ROTFLMBO 🤣

when my dad died
that can't possibly suck enough Basq. Anecdotally, I've stuck around long enough to loose a lotta friends & fam........but i'm talkin' late in life, not outta the gate.....
6. I have decided to quit that medicine.
I've heard that so many times from patients that i'm starting to believe their insights are really solid ~S~

Forum List

Back