What about the Proposed Jobs Bill do Repubs not like?

It's the same damn bill that he passed last time, the 787 billion dollar one, remember? that has not created any jobs in the private sector, that's what we don't like. It's doubling down on stupid.:cuckoo:

The private sector has been adding jobs for a year and a half now, adding about 2.7M jobs.

LINK TO THAT CLAIM----I seem to remember ZERO jobs created in August of 2011--we are still at and STUCK on a statistical 9.1% unemployment rate in this country.

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

Second column is private sector payrolls. Data back to April of 2010 is on an earlier report:

September... 129,844 107,570 17,784 725 5,514 11,545
October..... 130,015 107,713 17,785 734 5,512 11,539
November.... 130,108 107,841 17,793 735 5,504 11,554
December.... 130,260 108,008 17,797 734 5,498 11,565
January..... 130,328 108,102 17,835 739 5,478 11,618
February.... 130,563 108,363 17,916 744 5,517 11,655
March....... 130,757 108,582 17,956 759 5,522 11,675
April....... 130,974 108,823 17,999 770 5,526 11,703
May......... 131,027 108,922 18,019 780 5,529 11,710
June........ 131,047 108,997 18,035 789 5,522 11,724
July........ 131,174 109,170 18,088 798 5,532 11,758
August(p)... 131,231 109,212 18,079 800 5,525 11,754
September(p) 131,334 109,349 18,097 805 5,551 11

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what the objections are to the dems proposed Jobs bill? It's deficit neutral and seems to be designed to make an impact immediately.

Jobs Bill Overview

So, I was wondering which parts, specifically, those who are against it have the biggest issue with.

I think this is it in a NUT-SHELL -and out of Senate democrat majority leader-- Harry Reid's own mouth--trying to promote Obamas jobs bill. "Private sector jobs are doing just fine--it's the public sector jobs--aka government workers that are suffering"

This is Obama's jobs bill. Raise taxes and spend more, to TEMPORARILY create more jobs for teachers and firemen.
Raise taxes on everyone making 200K and over--meaning millions of real job creators in this country known as small business--give it to me--so I can TEMPORARILY employ more firemen-& teachers. This is Obama's round 2 of the original 787 BILLION dollars that belly-flopped.

This is why Obama's jobs bill could not even pass the Democrat majority senate. It's been a failed policy--he borrowed and spent lots of money we don't have to prove it failed--and he simply wants to go for round 2.

Here is Harry Reids comment:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kk6D1-ECnQ&feature=player_embedded]Sen. Reid Says "Private Sector Jobs Are Doing Just Fine" - YouTube[/ame]

Now while Republicans are constantly being accused of NOT wanting to create private sector jobs--Mitch McConnell republican minority senate speaker stated--well--if we we're really trying to NOT create new private sector jobs in this country--we would simply line up and sign off on Obama's jobs bill. It's obvious that Obama's jobs bill is nothing more than to create temporary government jobs--not private sector jobs where they are desperately needed.

Nice job of standing at the podium and lying your skinny little butt off there, Harry!!! Private sector jobs are "just fine"? Are you kidding me? I think we've lost something like six million private sector jobs since this started and about 400,000 public sector jobs. I was a history major in college and math isn't my strong suit but last time I checked 6,000,000 is a whole bunch more than 400,000.

Why not just level with the American people, Harry? You want to subsidize the public sector while ignoring the private sector just like we did with Obama's original stimulus.

I'm just wondering what the objections are to the dems proposed Jobs bill? It's deficit neutral and seems to be designed to make an impact immediately.

Jobs Bill Overview

So, I was wondering which parts, specifically, those who are against it have the biggest issue with.

I think this is it in a NUT-SHELL -and out of Senate democrat majority leader-- Harry Reid's own mouth--trying to promote Obamas jobs bill. "Private sector jobs are doing just fine--it's the public sector jobs--aka government workers that are suffering"

This is Obama's jobs bill. Raise taxes and spend more, to TEMPORARILY create more jobs for teachers and firemen.
Raise taxes on everyone making 200K and over--meaning millions of real job creators in this country known as small business--give it to me--so I can TEMPORARILY employ more firemen-& teachers. This is Obama's round 2 of the original 787 BILLION dollars that belly-flopped.

This is why Obama's jobs bill could not even pass the Democrat majority senate. It's been a failed policy--he borrowed and spent lots of money we don't have to prove it failed--and he simply wants to go for round 2.

Here is Harry Reids comment:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kk6D1-ECnQ&feature=player_embedded]Sen. Reid Says "Private Sector Jobs Are Doing Just Fine" - YouTube[/ame]

Now while Republicans are constantly being accused of NOT wanting to create private sector jobs--Mitch McConnell republican minority senate speaker stated--well--if we we're really trying to NOT create new private sector jobs in this country--we would simply line up and sign off on Obama's jobs bill. It's obvious that Obama's jobs bill is nothing more than to create temporary government jobs--not private sector jobs where they are desperately needed.

Nice job of standing at the podium and lying your skinny little butt off there, Harry!!! Private sector jobs are "just fine"? Are you kidding me? I think we've lost something like six million private sector jobs since this started and about 400,000 public sector jobs. I was a history major in college and math isn't my strong suit but last time I checked 6,000,000 is a whole bunch more than 400,000.

Why not just level with the American people, Harry? You want to subsidize the public sector while ignoring the private sector just like we did with Obama's original stimulus.

We've lost another 4 million private sector jobs since Obama signed off on the 1st--787 BILLION dollar stimulus bill--from 2-1/2 years ago.

It's the same damn bill that he passed last time, the 787 billion dollar one, remember? that has not created any jobs in the private sector, that's what we don't like. It's doubling down on stupid.:cuckoo:

The private sector has been adding jobs for a year and a half now, adding about 2.7M jobs.

LINK TO THAT CLAIM----I seem to remember ZERO jobs created in August of 2011--we are still at and STUCK on a statistical 9.1% unemployment rate in this country.

There are 14 million unemployed in this country--real unemployment including those that are no longer counted because they have been kicked off of unemployment benefits--known as the 99 weekers--comes in at an actual unemployment rate of 11.6% and-we have another 25% that are considered underemployed working temporary or part time jobs.

And they're not all road and bridge workers--teachers--firemen or policemen---:lol::lol:
in fact not even a large Minority of them are road and bridge workers--teachers--firemen or policemen

Jobs Bill Overview

Those Numbers are Inflated with Funny math, and things that should have never been counted. I think it was last month that they said the Private Sector added 110,000 Jobs, but in Reality 45,000 of those were actually Union Workers of some sort who had been on Strike and were now back on the Job.

Ten pages of crap. Just create a thread about Obama and the haters come out of their holes.

Those Numbers are Inflated with Funny math, and things that should have never been counted.

Oh, yes! Of course. Just deny reality.

I think it was last month that they said the Private Sector added 110,000 Jobs, but in Reality 45,000 of those were actually Union Workers of some sort who had been on Strike and were now back on the Job.

indeed. So the previous month's numbers showed 45,000 fewer people working than should have been counted.

That's not fuzzy math. That's a place we call reality.

The last stimulas didn't hire teachers and policemen, it was supposed to be for that, but the states used the money to prop up the failing pension programs.

How does proping up pensions create jobs?

You can read all you want about what the bill says, but the money in the last one was not used as it was designed. Everytime we send money to schools, we are always told that it's to get more teachers in classrooms and everytime it's a lie. The money finds it's way into pensions or into hiring more school administraters.

Let's be serious here. No schools have empty classrooms because of lack of teachers. No schools have unused rooms at all. If all the classrooms have teachers, then were would we put newly hired teachers? This isn't a 'build new schools' bill. If anyone is hired, it's those working in the office or at the state and county seats.

When was the last time anyone heard of a school cancelling a class because they couldn't find a teacher to teach it? If we have unemployed teachers, it's because of bills like this that only pay for their employment for a year. If a state or county cannot afford to hire a teacher and you give them money to hire a few teachers for a year, guess what .... A year later your going to have unemployed teachers. Not because of lack of funding, but because of a year of 'over funding' from the Fed

Thank you for illustrating the point ... The 'jobs bill' will not be used to create jobs .... That's why we don't like it

My state used it to preserve the jobs of numerous teachers.

Perhaps your state should live within its means. If your state is in such fiscal bad shape that you can't pay for your social programs, why is that a problem for citizens of states that do live within their means? Unless of course the Constitution required federal oversight and funding of education. Looking for it........no, not there.

Preserve the jobs? ... You mean your state didn't hire anyone either?

Hire teachers? We hired new classroom aides, hired people to do paving projects, increased the size and workforce of our Community Health Center and re-hired a couple laid off police officers in my town.

Road crews are temporary jobs. Teachers aide are temporatry jobs. If your town couldn't afford police before, why hire them back just to have to fire them again when the money runs out?

We all agree we need long term solutions, this pres is putting forward a temporary (one year) solution ... It's kicking the can down the road ... No thank you

What do I have against the "PASS THIS BILL DAMMIT" Bill?

1) It extends the theft of premiums from the Soc Sec system at a time when the fund is going negative YEARS ahead of the estimate.

2) It is gonna be rewritten to concentrate on GOVT Jobs not the larger symptoms and issues with the economy.

3) It probably contains an expanded "slush fund" for more Crony Capitalism Las Vegas bets on technology that Obama does not understand (ala Solar panel companies).

4) "Stimulus" doesn't work like it used to when America had a better balance between jobs in the Service Sector and Manufacturing sector. Stimulating consumption is no longer any where near as efficient as it used to be. The econ advisors are using old voodoo. They are still channeling FDR..

5) It doesn't even BEGIN to address the fundamental reforms neccessary to buy a 21st Century economy for this country. IE -- Addressing boosting the skill set of American workers. Easing the regulatory barriers to entry for aggressive NEW companies and industries so they can knock off arthritic OLD ones, ect.

Hey -- is THAT what you were looking for? What I"M looking for is actual LEADERSHIP... Which is nowhere in evidence. All I see is a MASSIVE distraction of scapegoating the rich. Ask yourself what the LONG TERM benefit of "stimulus" is to the High School dropouts who are facing 32% unemployment in a society that doesn't have an expanding manufacturing sector? There's no solution to the REAL economic problems ANYWHERE in that original proposal..

Last edited:
obama056.jpg

Preserve the jobs? ... You mean your state didn't hire anyone either?

Hire teachers? We hired new classroom aides, hired people to do paving projects, increased the size and workforce of our Community Health Center and re-hired a couple laid off police officers in my town.

Road crews are temporary jobs. Teachers aide are temporatry jobs.

In what universe are teacher aides temporary jobs?

If your town couldn't afford police before, why hire them back just to have to fire them again when the money runs out?

We didn't have to fire them. The economy in our town improved over the course of the past year and tax revenues in the town have increased.

Forum List

Back