WSJ: Pass the Border Bill

Can’t do it if they’re already here. Legally, once here, they are entitled to their hearings. So, as each illegal is caught they will need to be brought not to a jail. But to a civil detention facility while their administrative hearings go through our immigration”courts.”
So illegals, once on US soil, are entitled to hearings. And in the mean time they are housed in detention facilities, where I presume they will be fed. All this costs US taxpayers money. It doesn't seem fair to taxpayers.

Also, even if an illegal is found ineligible to stay, and he goes back, what's stopping him from coming back in again? And if he does come back, more money will have to be spent on him in the manner I described above. It's just not fair to Americans and it's also a problem that does not have an end to it.

I can just hear you when Trump starts deporting the 10,000,000 illegals Biden let into the US. Boo fucking hoo.
The vast majority do need deporting. I have written on here many times, I am not a fan of Joe border policy, but Trump is not the answer, as he is showing now, again.

You support a Bill that allows a contingent of unvetted Illegals equal in size to Patton's Third Army to cross into our country on a monthly basis.

Um, no!
5000 encounters is much better than double that, 10,000 a day. .... Which we experienced in December .....according to you all, it was 10,000 a day.

This gives homeland security the power to reduce 5000 encounters a day in those type of rush the border circumstances when caravans arrive in mass.

THIS WILL HELP silly one, and you all know more than most.

Funding border security to fight off or deal with these crowds HELPS our country, again y'all know better than most...according to your previous complaints... Holding some in detention is better than setting all seeking asylum free... Money is needed for the expansion of detention centers... Adding funding for the immigration courts will fund the courts with the manpower and buildings needed to process court cases quicker instead of them roaming free for 4 years, which gives them time to disappear....

Overall, this bill is a good start! Not perfect, but most definitely a huge improvement of the existing immigration law's loopholes for presidents to use and abuse.

If Crooked Donald ever becomes president again, he can get his congress to make it even stronger....and get his own bill passed.

The vast majority do need deporting. I have written on here many times, I am not a fan of Joe border policy, but Trump is not the answer, as he is showing now, again.
So why is Trump not the answer?
I prefer Nikki Haley, but if its Trump or Biden I'm voting Trump.

The conservative WSJ Editorial Board have written an impassioned plea to pass the Border Bill. They ask:

This is all I read bc this is all I needed to read, if that

Actually, I did need to read it bc I needed confirmation that the WSJ is NOT a rag I care to read anymore. I used to read it weekly...

:mad:

So why is Trump not the answer?
I prefer Nikki Haley, but if its Trump or Biden I'm voting Trump.
I am not a one issue voter. Trump is worse for the long term future of the United States, as he is also against the constitution, rule of law, supporting allies, standing up to Russian aggression in Europe, is a security risk, as cannot be trusted with government secrets, or even to conduct private business in accordance with laws of the land. The man is a worn out menace.

We have a border law, US Code 1325. Trump followed it. Democrats flout it. Trump controlled the border. Democrats want to waste billions of dollars to disguise the fact that are waving in millions of illegals in order to secure power in the future. Republicans need to reject this smokescreen bill and say what I just said.

FOX just had Border Patrol Union guy on who supports the bill and when pressed the only things he supports in the bill can already be done without the bill. Also said it will take up to 3 years for the policies in the bill to be implemented.

The conservative WSJ Editorial Board have written an impassioned plea to pass the Border Bill. They ask:

‘Do Republicans want to better secure the U.S. border, or do they want to keep what has become an open sore festering for another year as an election issue? That’s the choice presented to Congress this week with the rollout of the Senate’s bipartisan border security bill, and we’ll soon learn what the GOP really wants.”

“By any honest reckoning,” they write, “this is the most restrictive migrant legislation in decades.” The Board acknowledges that Trump never came close to passing this type of bill and that the bill will be a great improvement to the status quo.

The Board writes that if the Border Bill Is not passed chaos on the border will continue for another year.

The question I have is why do Trump and his MAGA minions want continued chaos at the border? Why are House Members putting fealty to Trump over our national security?

If you against this border bill, you are in favor of the status quo. Apparently, Tump and his supporters are fine with the way things are at the border.

The WSJ is MSM. Fuck them.

I am not a one issue voter. Trump is worse for the long term future of the United States, as he is also against the constitution, rule of law, supporting allies, standing up to Russian aggression in Europe, is a security risk, as cannot be trusted with government secrets, or even to conduct private business in accordance with laws of the land. The man is a worn out menace.
Where do you get this crap from? The people shitting all over the rule of law is the Biden administration.

If we took even HALF of the funds that proposed bill would give to Ukraine, and applied those BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars toward hiring more border patrol agents, more immigration “judges” and building more detention facilities for the many applicants as well as for repairing and completing the wall, I’d say “do it”.
This is all I read so far.

I would NOT be in favor of your suggestion.

There is absolutely NO need for ANY further funding! These drunken sailors are always finding creative and unnecessary ways to spend the taxpayers' hard earned money. The laws on the books are NOT being followed. And yet they ask for more damn money?

America needs to stand up and say HELL NO.. and it looks like many did which is likely why McC is in a different place lately...

Why even have a damn legislature if the laws they pass are not enforced?

But they get paid whether they do anything or not... Meanwhile, good people find themselves homeless and job-less. They do not get paid regardless...

So illegals, once on US soil, are entitled to hearings. And in the mean time they are housed in detention facilities, where I presume they will be fed. All this costs US taxpayers money. It doesn't seem fair to taxpayers.

Yep.
Also, even if an illegal is found ineligible to stay, and he goes back, what's stopping him from coming back in again?
If we secure the border, he won’t get in again, for the most part. But if he is highly motivated illegal immigrant and does come back in after having been deported, that is already a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years. And then, booted out again.
And if he does come back, more money will have to be spent on him in the manner I described above.

Yep. That’s the way it is already.
It's just not fair to Americans and it's also a problem that does not have an end to it.
If we finally make our border less “permeable” we will have made massive progress.

But that requires at least some effort. And President Potato is falsely denying that he already has the authority required.

Exactly what is Trump showing?

5000 encounters is much better than double that, 10,000 a day. .... Which we experienced in December .....according to you all, it was 10,000 a day.

This gives homeland security the power to reduce 5000 encounters a day in those type of rush the border circumstances when caravans arrive in mass.

THIS WILL HELP silly one, and you all know more than most.

Funding border security to fight off or deal with these crowds HELPS our country, again y'all know better than most...according to your previous complaints... Holding some in detention is better than setting all seeking asylum free... Money is needed for the expansion of detention centers... Adding funding for the immigration courts will fund the courts with the manpower and buildings needed to process court cases quicker instead of them roaming free for 4 years, which gives them time to disappear....

Overall, this bill is a good start! Not perfect, but most definitely a huge improvement of the existing immigration law's loopholes for presidents to use and abuse.

If Crooked Donald ever becomes president again, he can get his congress to make it even stronger....and get his own bill passed.

We should not reward a disaster! 5,000 a day is absurd! A failure. And the bill speaks to an "average" and what's the penalty for going over an "average"? Oh, right, NOTHING!

1. Trump is not against the Constitution. The Constitution is a guardrail for a president. Biden violated the Constitution as much if not more than Trump. Forgiving $127b of student loan debt when the USSC said he can't. Having open borders including letting in 30,000 Chinese and 30,000 Russians. Letting the Chinese spy balloon fly across the US. Selling Hunter's Chinese cash cow Sinopec SPR oil. His disastrous pullout of AFG. Biden extorted Ukraine to fire Shokin to protect Hunter's cash cow. Biden stole classified documents (Trump had a right to keep what he declassified). Biden wanted 87,000 new IRS agents "willing to kill". The DOJ let Hunter's tax crimes expire to protect Biden.

2. Trump strengthened NATO. Stop with the bullshit DNC talking points.

3. The "rule of law" is a joke. It is a blatant "double standard" or "Lawfare". The DOJ and FBI (Waffen SS) need to be depoliticized. The Biden FBI investigated Catholics and parents who spoke up at school board meetings.

4. Government secrets? Like the stacks of them in Biden's garage?

5. If I'm a one-issue voter its that Biden is unfit to be president. He would be 86 at the end of his 2nd term. That is nuts.

1707244008009.png
unfit to be president...a worn out menace.

What is Trump showing? His ass, like usual, shitting on the process.
If you turn on the TV and the channels as you change them are threatening you every day, what would you think? From a perspective of being on the stage like Progs do, you want to kill White Males and Christians. The violence and results of propaganda on your own proves it. You are attacking your own. Threatening to kill them. And the threatened are still spouting the white males and Christian rhetoric as they could be attacked and killed from the real violence they helped to create. What we got from politicians is a loss of unalienable rights. And we all will rue the day from that.

1. Trump is not against the Constitution. The Constitution is a guardrail for a president. Biden violated the Constitution as much if not more than Trump. Forgiving $127b of student loan debt when the USSC said he can't. Having open borders including letting in 30,000 Chinese and 30,000 Russians. Letting the Chinese spy balloon fly across the US. Selling Hunter's Chinese cash cow Sinopec SPR oil. His disastrous pullout of AFG. Biden extorted Ukraine to fire Shokin to protect Hunter's cash cow. Biden stole classified documents (Trump had a right to keep what he declassified). Biden wanted 87,000 new IRS agents "willing to kill". The DOJ let Hunter's tax crimes expire to protect Biden.

2. Trump strengthened NATO. Stop with the bullshit DNC talking points.

3. The "rule of law" is a joke. It is a blatant "double standard" or "Lawfare". The DOJ and FBI (Waffen SS) need to be depoliticized. The Biden FBI investigated Catholics and parents who spoke up at school board meetings.

4. Government secrets? Like the stacks of them in Biden's garage?

5. If I'm a one-issue voter its that Biden is unfit to be president. He would be 86 at the end of his 2nd term. That is nuts.

View attachment 898402 unfit to be president...a worn out menace.
Bull. The Constitution gets in his way, he ignores it and tries to get away with it, anyway, willing to sick mobs on anybody that does not go along with it, but honoring their duty to the constitution, instead.
Trump does not believe in supporting NATO.
Rule of Law not as big a joke as he thought. Looks likeit applies to him also, after the court decision.
Government Secrets, like the ones trump refused to return, even having them moved and hidden.
They are both old. I wish the choices were younger, but they are not. I'll go with the one, that lets the constitution, rule of law, and votes by the electorate continue to matter.

Forum List

Back