Well over half of Americans believe democracy will cease to be in the US.

I think we should focus less on the word "democracy", and more on what the real message is. Namely that we could be headed for a country wherein the barest majority can do whatever they want to and the minority party would be powerless to stop them.

Indeed. Ironically, the greatest threat to democracy is unlimited majority rule. It makes democracy untenable.

Last edited:
I asked you for clarification on your argument, do you need a few more moments to stutter before you provide one?
Reread post #28 (if you can).

Although art I, s 2, cl. 3 was superseded, it was still in effect through the Civil War. Also, try reading art I, s 9, cl. 1.

Now stop asking dumb questions and mischaracterizing the Constitution.

Reread post #28 (if you can).

Although art I, s 2, cl. 3 was superseded, it was still in effect through the Civil War. Also, try reading art I, s 9, cl. 1.

Now stop asking dumb questions and mischaracterizing the Constitution.
The 3/5 clause was included to give blacks a voice in the House of Representatives, which the liberals didn't want to do. It discouraged slavery, as did the provision to start taxing the importation of slaves.

But, alas, the peculiar institution was not fully eliminated by 1861.

That's a hilarious way to interpret the 3/5s clause that I haven't seen in any serious scholarly works. Care to try and explain how giving slavers more representation in Congress equates to giving blacks a voice in the House of Representatives. Or maybe you'd like to explain how protecting the international slave trade for 20 years and caping the amount of taxes on imported slaves discourages slavery?

But educated people know that the US was never a democracy

Sane and educated people will know that just because the DNC does not get their way, whether it comes to election reform or democrats losing office, that this does not mean we live in a government devoid of elements of democracy. But thanks to a Left wing government run education system, most Americans don't know these things and probably never will. In fact, it just may be that "the people" are sick to death of those democrats they have elected, granted those that are can be labeled racist, bigoted, homophobic, woman haters who are anti-Semitic, but I think that is only common sense.

Now as far as the US becoming a complete totalitarian state, which should have been the real question from a media devoid of an education and the truth, what say you? Is it inevitable?

Some who founded the country thought so such as Ben Franklin

“I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such: because I think a General Government necessary for us, and there is no Form of Government but what may be a Blessing to the People if well-administred; and I believe farther that this is likely to be well administred for a Course of Years and can only end in Despotism as other Forms have done before it, when the People shall become so corrupted as to need Despotic Government, being incapable of any other.”​

I happen to agree with Franklin, and is why I think those on the Left have focused more on destroying morality with society than anything else, it is to usher in despotism.
I never heard about Franklin saying that

but it looks like that's what's happened... People in the Capitol are just too damned corrupt... and they hate us because we know it, in large part thanks to Trump

Forum List

Back