Blue Bloods

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Does anyone else here watch this show? Last night's episode was really good. I am glad that girl was going to be cleared of her assault charge once her community service was done. I felt bad for her. It was either she be pounded or her teacher. To me, what the principal ended up doing actually made some sense. Speaking to them students in the only language that they understand is exactly what should've been done because when you multiply a positive times a negative, what do you get? Not a positive, but you will get a positive when you multiply a negative times a negative.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. At the end of the show, when a preview for the next new episode was put out there, it was said that it wouldn't be shown until March 2nd. Why are we having to wait so long, especially when new episodes are normally shown all through the current month?

Is good show...

... got Tom Selleck in it...

... Granny thinks he's a hunk.

P.S. At the end of the show, when a preview for the next new episode was put out there, it was said that it wouldn't be shown until March 2nd. Why are we having to wait so long, especially when new episodes are normally shown all through the current month?

Winter Olympics comin' on.

What’s not to love?

s-l300.jpg

Does anyone else here watch this show?
It may be a good show; I don't know. I know that when I'd first heard about it I thought it was about something totally different from what it is about. I've had enough with police dramas, so, I don't watch it.

Truly, I've had enough with the continuing drama aspect of nighttime television, period. I "get" the notion of character development and why writers, actors and directors incorporate it into dramatic television productions. It's also not lost on me that the so-called "dramady" (hour-long programs that blend comedy with drama) challenge the television academy because there's no clear cut "box" in which to fit them.

That said, were I desirous of continuing drama, I'd watch daytime television dramas. Frankly, I'd like to see more night time drama that, like Twilight Zone, is the television equivalent of short stories that have nothing to do with one another and that are instead self-contained dramatic stories that stand on their own and are good. Television is able to do that with miniseries that run as specials of a sort, but it seems unable (unwilling?) to produce them as regular programming.

The closest to that and of which I'm aware, is American Horror Story, which is sort of like that, but the dramatic presentation spans a whole season instead of one to three episodes. After that, Murdoch Mysteries and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries approach it; they both have minor ongoing storylines pertaining to the personal lives of the protagonists, but mostly each episode is self-contained. Otherwise, the only wholly self-contained episodic shows I can think of are in the non-fiction genre.

Is good show...

... got Tom Selleck in it...

... Granny thinks he's a hunk.

Winter Olympics comin' on.
Thank you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I hate Winter Olympics.

I've been watching it but I don't care for how easily Selleck and the rest go along with unconstitutional laws, and his oldest son portrays a rights violating cop that assaults cuffed suspects frequently. And yes I know it's fiction, but I thought Selleck was a little more Patriotic then he portrays himself. I think I would find a role like that unconscionable unless I were portraying a bad guy.

Last night's show in my opinion was sad. To me, if his grades don't suffer, Jack should work an after school job to help pay for college and Nikki should've recorded/film that last encounter with her boss. That would've been plenty to help get him put away for going after her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last night's show in my opinion was sad. To me, if his grades don't suffer, Jack should work an after school job to help pay for college and Nikki should've recorded/film that last encounter with her boss. That would've been plenty to help get him put away for going after her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Nikki's hot, but too bad she's a dyke.

^^^ No she isn't. She dates a male cop at the end of season six when she got kidnapped by the guy that Danny had to blow away in that open field.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ No she isn't. She dates a male cop at the end of season six when she got kidnapped by the guy that Danny had to blow away in that open field.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I mean in real life.

I am a regular viewer of this show. It is striking in today's TV environment in that the protagonists are conservative law & order types, and also the Irish - Catholic cultural theme.

I have no idea whether the police activity is analogous to NYC reality, but close enough for me. Also, I think there is a bit of eye candy for most audience members. Whining about "constitutional" violations in this program is neurotically stupid.

To be specific, the decision of "Commission Reagan" to terminate the officer who rightly accosted a "dreamer" last week strains credulity. The character we have come to know over the past 5 seasons would not have done tnat. I wonder what has happened with the writers.

^^^ Sadly this isn't the first time that Frank pretty much had to side with someone else over his officers. At the beginning of the season five opener when a crazy guy had to be stunned and ended up getting hit by a car after the stunning took place, the cop who wanted him to be stunned was going to get canned too. Sadly though at the end of the episode we see that cop in a hospital bed fighting for his life after his getting drunk over the situation after 19 years of being sober led him to crashing his car.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last night's show was good, but I have started missing Jamie. He was only shown one time just like during the previous episode.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Does anyone else here watch this show? Last night's episode was really good. I am glad that girl was going to be cleared of her assault charge once her community service was done. I felt bad for her. It was either she be pounded or her teacher. To me, what the principal ended up doing actually made some sense. Speaking to them students in the only language that they understand is exactly what should've been done because when you multiply a positive times a negative, what do you get? Not a positive, but you will get a positive when you multiply a negative times a negative.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

When this show comes on ION TV I change the channel.

I like Criminal Minds. That's about it on ION for me.

I watch it. Some times I enjoy it, other times not so much. Just seems to be inconsistent.

Where to begin? I LOVE Erin Regan. And that Sunday meal conversation. They challenge each other with topics like " What was your biggest failure". Really? It can be a tad formulaic at times, but it transcends. All the actors, producers and writers of the show need a big hug from us all!

Last edited:
^^^ Whenever Danny is in need of a favor, all Erin ever does is blow him off every time. When did a person like that become someone who is lovable?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back