We don’t need to go into an economic depression

To avoid an economic depression the government needs to grant money to businesses so they can make rent, basic op expenses and pay employees. The gov also needs to provide funds to the unemployed so they can pay rent and bills. If they do this we avoid a depression. To do this a much larger “stimulus” bill needs to be passed. We also need to coordinate with allied countries. If done correctly there should not be mass lay offs or any businesses shutting down... and there should not be a recession/depression beyond the life of the virus shit down.

What’s wrong with my theory? Can anybody explain why it would not work?
The big business will lay the people off anyway and pocket the money.

The greatest tyrannies are those of good intentions, done for the “good” of the victims

I don't know that that's completely true.

What is true is that the greatest tyrannies are those claimed to be of good intentions, claimed to be done for the “good” of the victims. How often the perpetrators of such tyranny sincerely believe that they are acting benevolently is unclear.

To avoid an economic depression the government needs to grant money to businesses so they can make rent, basic op expenses and pay employees. The gov also needs to provide funds to the unemployed so they can pay rent and bills. If they do this we avoid a depression. To do this a much larger “stimulus” bill needs to be passed. We also need to coordinate with allied countries. If done correctly there should not be mass lay offs or any businesses shutting down... and there should not be a recession/depression beyond the life of the virus shit down.

Free money didn't bring us out of the last depression. The war did. Seriously, your answer is just to print trillions out of thin air? Its mind boggling that you and so many cant see the ramifications of such idiocy. Its astounding. We're about to go into the ice age if we keep cowering down in fear. It will happen, the dollar will crash, and one world currency will be set.

I think you are close but I still don’t understand why you think it better for the millions of people Who love paycheck to paycheck to be saddled with the debt vs the government releasing more currency. Explain to me how the trillions of debt that our country undertakes would be crippling? Or why the currency couldn’t be created and released without debt if coordinated correctly with the rest of the world.

See Zimbabwe as a recent example of what happens when government tries to fix the economy by “releasing more currency”.

A historical example was Germany in the late 1920s to early 1930s.

Plenty of other examples exist, as well. Even though you're so abjectly ignorant about basic economic principles, history provides us with repeated examples of where that policy leads.

Hyperinflation - Wikipedia

The big business will lay the people off anyway and pocket the money.
Perhaps, but they don’t get money for the ones they lay-off... it’s not going to be easy to manage but it’s how it’s gotta work. They do have an inspector general overseeing the process. But I will admit that it’s impossible to make a flawless plan in this short amount of time. I hope they had something prepared that was thought through prior to this pandemic

Much more will need to be done — more direct payments, more support for businesses — if we expect to get out of a recession anytime soon and avoid a depression

How much wealth is produced by an economy hit by wave after wave of pandemic because we didn't bite the bullet the first time?

A lot more wealth than is produced by an economy that is almost completely shut down, on the excuse of a manufactured “crisis”.
Manufactured crisis?! Are you kidding me.... How is 10s and 100s of thousands dead not a crisis?

Free money didn't bring us out of the last depression. The war did. Seriously, your answer is just to print trillions out of thin air? Its mind boggling that you and so many cant see the ramifications of such idiocy. Its astounding. We're about to go into the ice age if we keep cowering down in fear. It will happen, the dollar will crash, and one world currency will be set.
Please explain the ramifications to me... let’s compare them to the effects of a depression and 40 million people out of work

I think you are close but I still don’t understand why you think it better for the millions of people Who love paycheck to paycheck to be saddled with the debt vs the government releasing more currency. Explain to me how the trillions of debt that our country undertakes would be crippling? Or why the currency couldn’t be created and released without debt if coordinated correctly with the rest of the world.

See Zimbabwe as a recent example of what happens when government tries to fix the economy by “releasing more currency”.

A historical example was Germany in the late 1920s to early 1930s.

Plenty of other examples exist, as well. Even though you're so abjectly ignorant about basic economic principles, history provides us with repeated examples of where that policy leads.

Hyperinflation - Wikipedia
Hyper inflation only happens when there are more attractive currencies to own and the value of one decreases. This is why I proposed coordination with the world so we make this a group effort. If all currencies adjust the same to support a stimulus to keep the economy stable then hyperinflation is avoided and people retain the currency they currently own. Right?

Much more will need to be done — more direct payments, more support for businesses — if we expect to get out of a recession anytime soon and avoid a depression.

The only thing that will avoid or mitigate the current and upcoming economic disaster will be to get most people back to work. It is simply not sustainable to have only a small minority of the population working, while the majority is forced to be idle; and there is no way that the meager wealth generated by the small working minority can possibly be shuffle around to meet everyone's needs.

Hyper inflation only happens when there are more attractive currencies to own and the value of one decreases.

There can be no other response to that spectacular display of extreme ignorance, than this…

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

The greatest tyrannies are those of good intentions, done for the “good” of the victims

I don't know that that's completely true.

What is true is that the greatest tyrannies are those claimed to be of good intentions, claimed to be done for the “good” of the victims. How often the perpetrators of such tyranny sincerely believe that they are acting benevolently is unclear.
A country such as ours, can not be brought down from without, but only from within. We have repelled every attempt to bring down our great nation from outside it's borders, but have not protected ourselves from either "civil wars", or those controlling the government acting in their own interests, against the interest of the people.

The only thing that will avoid or mitigate the current and upcoming economic disaster will be to get most people back to work. It is simply not sustainable to have only a small minority of the population working, while the majority is forced to be idle; and there is no way that the meager wealth generated by the small working minority can possibly be shuffle around to meet everyone's needs.
Nobody is even pretending that a small minority is supporting the majority. The stimulus is purely from money borrowed against our future, at what the government points out, is at almost zero interest.

First money doesn't grow on trees.

I think we may see some real growth in the near future, simply because most will have to change their business models.

I'm primarily concerned about young children, day-care etc. etc. etc. Do you realize how low their tolerance to disease will be as a result of man's sterilization going forward, never mind social isolation.

I think we may see some real growth in the near future, simply because most will have to change their business models.

I'm primarily concerned about young children, day-care etc. etc. etc. Do you realize how low their tolerance to disease will be as a result of man's sterilization going forward, never mind social isolation.

First in our current system of "fiat" currency, that is all our money truly consists of, think of the dollar bill as a "pulp fiction"

Second business models will be completely upended. Our mass production strategy depends on the efficiency of putting as many people into the smallest space possible. Our housing went from houses with white picket fences, to apartments, condo's and sky scrappers that stack people up like cord wood.

We will have to think Oliver Wendell Douglass, instead of Donald John Trump.

Please explain the ramifications to me... let’s compare them to the effects of a depression and 40 million people out of work

You'll be wishing we had 40 million out of work if everyone cowers in fear.

money kind of does grow on trees. It’s something that we people created and agreed on its value. It’s a social contract. Practically speaking the only thing a dollar is really good for is rolling joints and starting fires... so if we agree to use it to bail the world economy out of a pandemic depression then why can’t it be done?

Last edited:
Hyper inflation only happens when there are more attractive currencies to own and the value of one decreases.

There can be no other response to that spectacular display of extreme ignorance, than this…

View attachment 319123
Sounds to me like you can’t explain it. I’m not saying we won’t face inflation... but it would be a very different inflation than the examples you pointed to

Forum List

Back