We can't afford to get it wrong..........again.

Medical technocrats certainly should be consulted, and the President and the governors are definitely doing just that.
Are you prepared to admit Trump was late to take their advice and is now going against their advice in pushing for the economy to be restarted by promoting violations of the guidelines the government issued?

I don't know what the hell you are saying here. President Trump wasn't late at all to the party and looked to shut down flights from Red China in January. And he isn't "promoting violations" of anything. He's just encouraging people to speak out with their disagreements,engage in free speech in this political issue.

I don't know what the hell you are saying here. President Trump wasn't late at all to the party and looked to shut down flights from Red China in January.
That completely ineffectual action was not nearly enough to adequately respond to the magnitude of the crisis we faced. Surely you know that by now. All the evidence points to it. Like over 700K cases.

Agreed. We just disagree about whether the conditions currently exist to restart the economy to the extent some are pushing for.

BTW, that's the premise of the OP.

I don't trust your motivation and I serious doubt you will ever convince me otherwise...because you are too entrenched in your ideology and too politically motivated. Your posts taken cumulatively can lead to no other conclusion.

If I cannot trust your motivations, I can't trust your integrity....therefore every post is viewed with the utmost suspicion.

If that's TL;dr...succinctly - I don't trust you.

And that makes you a very poor spokesman for your position.

That's as honest as I can possibly be.

I don't trust your motivation and I serious doubt you will ever convince me otherwise...because you are too entrenched in your ideology and too politically motivated. Your posts taken cumulatively can lead to no other conclusion.
As do yours.

I'd also like to point out that even when I try to find areas of agreement you look for ways to disagree. Once in a while you should stop with the reflexive impulse to attack and take basic agreement for an answer.

Last edited:
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan slams Trump claim states have enough coronavirus testing to reopen as ‘absolutely false’

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican and chair of the National Governors Association, on Sunday dismissed as “absolutely false” Trump administration claims that states have adequate coronavirus testing capacity to begin gradually reopening their economies.

Hogan, speaking on CNN’s “State of the Union,” described the lack of testing as the biggest problem in the nation since the coronavirus pandemic hit the United States. The Maryland governor said he has “repeatedly” made that argument on behalf of America’s governors on both sides of the political aisle to leaders in Washington.

“The administration I think is trying to ramp up testing, they are doing some things with respect to private labs, but to try to push this off to say that the governors have plenty of testing and they should just to get to work on testing, somehow we are not doing our job -- is just absolutely false,” said Hogan, who once considered challenging Trump for the 2020 Republican presidential nomination.

Are people who present with fevers and coughs to their doctors not being given this test because of inavailability in Maryland or elsewhere? I haven't heard of any shortage of it, in these parts at all.
I think it's getting better in Maine. On April 8, our CDC director said the new fast test kits from Abbott Labs were coming much more slowly than promised. There was still a problem using tests that require 2-3 days for results. But there has been nothing further--so I'm hoping that means we've got enough.

As do yours.
I'll show you mine...then you show me yours...

Your turn...

If trump wasn’t president you would probably have us line up at the airport to hug asians lol

You guy have open borders .. democrats aren’t an option in 2020

A wall on the Southern border wasn't going to prevent this.
Open border would be worse or hospitals will be stacked with illegals by veterans stand outside in the cold.. THANK GOD FOR TRUMP AND THE WALL!

I'd also like to point out that even when I try to find areas of agreement you look for ways to disagree. Once in a while you should stop with the reflexive impulse to attack and take basic agreement for an answer.

Fair enough. I'm not opposed to agreeing to disagree. You were extending an olive branch and I bit your hand. That was unfair and I apologize. I should have kept that commentary to myself.

'Delusional,' 'absolutely false': Governors cry foul on Trump testing claims
Experts have said coronavirus testing would need to at least double from current levels to allow even a partial reopening of America's economy.

Experts have said coronavirus testing would need to at least double from current levels to allow even a partial reopening of America's economy.

"Experts" would need to "at least double" to even allow a "partial reopening" LOL

"At least" and "partial" are what are known as "weasel" words and shows that even if President Trump were to double testing this week, it wouldn't meet the condition of "at least". And even if it did, the "partial" would mean 0.001% of the economy- maybe enough to film Mike Moore films or have Sleepy Joe rallies but nothing substantial.

People want to hear what REAL conditions have to be met, in order for ALL Americans to go back to work and be production. "partial" reopening after vague conditions is just bullshit you know

We have 40,000 dead...700,000 infected...in a MONTH...and you retards are pretending it's OVER?

We have 40,000 dead...700,000 infected...in a MONTH...and you retards are pretending it's OVER?

When do you think that the American economy should be reopened, if ever?

The people are starting to get stir crazy, if the economy doesn't reopen, its going to be a prime situation for enterprising businesspeople to open Speak Easies.

"Experts" would need to "at least double" to even allow a "partial reopening" LOL

"At least" and "partial" are what are known as "weasel" words and shows that even if President Trump were to double testing this week, it wouldn't meet the condition of "at least". And even if it did, the "partial" would mean 0.001% of the economy- maybe enough to film Mike Moore films or have Sleepy Joe rallies but nothing substantial.

People want to hear what REAL conditions have to be met, in order for ALL Americans to go back to work and be production. "partial" reopening after vague conditions is just bullshit you know
Why isn't Trump doing everything he can to help the governors get their economies open? He apparently feels it's more effective to criticize them then actually do something to assist them.

Why does he feel lying about the situation is effective? Because clueless rubes believe his lies.

In response to protests against social distancing, Dr. Anthony Fauci warns that opening too soon will backfire
www.mediamatters.org

In response to protests against social distancing, Dr. Anthony Fauci warns that opening too soon will backfire

www.mediamatters.org
www.mediamatters.org

There’s a growing possibility of a W-shaped economic recovery — and it’s scary

There’s growing consensus among economists and epidemiologists that the recovery period from the deadly coronavirus is going to be long — and bumpy.
Hopes of a quick bounce back for the economy — dubbed a V-shaped recovery — have faded. Even as parts of the nation reopen, many Americans will be afraid to venture out, and it looks increasingly likely that restaurants, stadiums and yoga classes are going to be operating at partial capacity, at best, for a while.
Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, put it this way when asked about when baseball stadiums will be filled again: “I cannot see a return this year to what we consider normal.”

Massive layoffs and pay cuts are likely coming to state and local governments as federal aid goes elsewhere

WASHINGTON — State and local governments are warning of a wave of layoffs and pay cuts after getting left out of the federal coronavirus relief package expected to pass Congress this week.

In many places, those painful reductions are already taking shape:

• Los Angeles plans to force city workers to spend 26 days on unpaid leave as revenues are forecast to drop as much as $600 million next fiscal year.
  • Detroit has proposed laying off 200 workers and furloughing thousands more.
  • In Ohio’s Hamilton County, Commissioner Denise Driehaus is taking a 10% pay cut alongside county workers.

“We are really struggling,” Driehaus said.

The $2.2 trillion emergency legislation known as the CARES Act, which President Donald Trump signed late last month, included $150 billion in direct help for state and local governments grappling with the impact of the deadly outbreak. Democrats pushed to include another $150 billion in the next tranche of aid, but Republicans sought to keep the bill narrowly focused on support for small business.

States rushing to reopen are likely making a deadly error, coronavirus models and experts warn

By the end of the week, residents in Georgia will be able to get their hair permed and nails done. By Monday, they will be cleared for action flicks at the cineplex and burgers at their favorite greasy spoon.
And it will almost certainly lead to more novel coronavirus infections and deaths.
As several states — including South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida — rush to reopen businesses, the sudden relaxation of restrictions will supply new targets for the coronavirus that has kept the United States largely closed down, according to experts, math models and the basic rules that govern infectious diseases.
“The math is unfortunately pretty simple. It’s not a matter of whether infections will increase but by how much,” said Jeffrey Shaman, a leading epidemiologist at Columbia University.

Forum List

Back