Has anyone ever changed your opinion on a topic on this forum?

Have you ever changed your opinion on something from reading this forum?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Yes, when I came here I thought there might be a few tea-baggers who were not mentally ill and were not total financial industry cheerleaders, turns out none of them are prepared to say a bad thing about anyone who uses a gold fountain pen rather than a gun to rob people.

I doubt it. It just yelling back and forth.

it didn't used to be that way...

and then people like you got here. *shrug*

but in answer to your question. not on this board... but on another. i was convinced that the AWB was a dumbass, badly written and ineffective law.

shall i assume you've never been open to changing your mind?

There are a lot of savvy eloquent folks here on both sides of the ticket.
As a result, I've gone from an AGW denier to an AGW fence-sitter.

I guess you could call that "progress". :D

I used to support term limits, but I believe it was Divecon who made the argument that changed my mind.

I'd call it you realizing, just a little teeny tiny bit, what an idiot you've been.

Congratulations.

To answer the question, no. I've respected some people on this forum, but then realized that like the flip of a switch they can turn on the stupid and ear plugging mode. Like that one idiot who left the forum in shame. What was his name? Was it Liability?

Used to respect him a bit. But then he acted like the total clueless asshat he was that made him have to leave the forum in shame. Totally confident denial, in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary of his opinions.

Yeah.

Last edited:

I'd call it you realizing, just a little teeny tiny bit, what an idiot you've been.

Congratulations.

To answer the question, no. I've respected some people on this forum, but then realized that like the flip of a switch they can turn on the stupid and ear plugging mode. Like that one idiot who left the forum in shame. What was his name? Was it Liability?

Used to respect him a bit. But then he acted like the total clueless asshat he was that made him have to leave the forum in shame. Totally confident denial, in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary of his opinions.

Yeah.

By responding with a patent "no", you've shown yourself to be an even bigger idiot.

Congratulations.

Yeah.

By responding with a patent "no", you've shown yourself to be an even bigger idiot.

I wouldn't have thought that possible! My mind has been changed again.

Congratulations.

Yeah.

I wouldn't have thought that possible! My mind has been changed again.

That's because I am one of those savvy eloquent folks.

Congratulations.

Yeah.

It's one of the answers, idiot... and I explained myself.

I know this is obvious but I have to say MY personal opinion is NO one has changed.
Primarily from again my personal subjective perception people don't want to be shown they have made poor decisions.

Decisions that have NOT been made from principles but from biased sources.

Personal experience... My Iowan brother is an Obama supporter based on this honest to god reason...
He told me that prior to both elections he was getting masses of emails from Obama campaign and more when he donated.
Based on those emails and the information he received he supported Obama.

I've shared countless facts regarding Obama and his eyes glaze over primarily because he is like most Obama supporters truly a 30 second sound byte person.
If it requires READING a massive missive such as I and other anti-Obama produce because we are driven by PRINCIPLE not a "PRINCIPAL" that the basis of any decision that will affect us over a long term should be based on FACTS. Not hyperbole. Not subjective anecdotal stories.

So based on my personal experience with a glazed eyed 30 second sound bite younger brother I know that most of you Obama/Progressive supporters will NOT change!

Even when confronted for example that there are NOT 50 million uninsured as 10 million are not citizens, 14 million already covered & 18 million pay out of their own pocket!
Even confronted with Obama telling us in his OWN words that he was going to fool people.. trick people use tactics...

Obama said in his own words... his book "Dreams of My Father"
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned. People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

YET intelligent voters IGNORED these words right from OBAMA and voted for him! Twice!

So I more then anything else am disappointed in my brother and others that voted the first time out of ignorance and the 2nd time because they were fools!

Even though millions of words, thousands of documents are showing the abject fallacy of Obama and his decisions..(Remember when he said..

"If you like your health-care plan, you keep your health-care plan. Nobody is going to force you to leave your health-care plan. If you like your doctor, you keep seeing your doctor.
I don't want government bureaucrats meddling in your health care."

"The result ObamaCare which today McKinsey & Company commissioned a survey of 1,329 U.S. private sector employers to measure their attitudes about healthcare reform concluded that 30% of all companies would stop providing health coverage once Obamacare kicked in in 2014.
US employer healthcare survey | McKinsey & Company

And as of today Obamacare has :
Government re-engineering of the private marketplace is a complex task.
So far, more than 13,000 pages of federal ObamaCare regulations have been issued, but employers, states, and health companies say they need much more.
One recent rule took 18 pages to define a “full time employee.”
That’s needed because a company employing 50 or more full-time workers must provide health insurance or pay a fine.
The Avalanche Of New Obamacare Rules Will Come In January, 2013 - Forbes

And in spite of my well-documented massive missives... for most of you 30 second sound bite, ADS afflected Obamatrons...this has gone WAY WAY OVER YOUR HEADS!!

Absolutely.

I actually came here somewhat in the middle with my political leaning, and even on the fence about voting democrat or republican this year.

Needless to say, many of my opinions have changed dramatically since I've been here.

Congratulations.

Yeah.

It's one of the answers, idiot... and I explained myself.

You explained yourself to be the idiot that you are.

Nothing else.

Forum List

Back