Watchman Nee... he meant well but just didn't get it... re once saved always saved

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I am just now learning about Nee so don't pounce if I say something inaccurate about him

I started reading the book Sit Walk (Run?)

he basically says that we should rest in Christ rather than DO anything.... OK, i believe in resting in Christ and not relying on our own efforts to do this or that good work for God... But so far in this booklet it sounds like doing stuff is NEVER (and he uses that word) advised...

so I sigh and roll my eyes and wonder if i should finish the book...

He was imprisoned in China, I guess for being a Christian... which is sad. He died there, I think. Well, he was a Christian HIS way... But Christ told us to be a Christian HIS way...

example: a guy complained to Nee about how his wife ran off w/ his best friend and he hates them and does not forgive... So Nee tells him to don't even TRY

just have God forgive them FOR him... OK, well, that is not terribly awful advice. I have had about the same thought... However, I notice this about this guy who claims to go by the Bible and nothing else

God did NOT tell us (the Bible does not) that we are to ask GOD to forgive FOR us... Where does it say THAT in the Bible?

let's be consistent.. Either you believe in sola scriptura or you do not...

No, God did not say "I will forgive for you"

He told US to forgive.... (Unless you forgive, you will not be forgiven)

I am just now learning about Nee so don't pounce if I say something inaccurate about him

I started reading the book Sit Walk (Run?)

he basically says that we should rest in Christ rather than DO anything.... OK, i believe in resting in Christ and not relying on our own efforts to do this or that good work for God... But so far in this booklet it sounds like doing stuff is NEVER (and he uses that word) advised...

so I sigh and roll my eyes and wonder if i should finish the book...

He was imprisoned in China, I guess for being a Christian... which is sad. He died there, I think. Well, he was a Christian HIS way... But Christ told us to be a Christian HIS way...

example: a guy complained to Nee about how his wife ran off w/ his best friend and he hates them and does not forgive... So Nee tells him to don't even TRY

just have God forgive them FOR him... OK, well, that is not terribly awful advice. I have had about the same thought... However, I notice this about this guy who claims to go by the Bible and nothing else

God did NOT tell us (the Bible does not) that we are to ask GOD to forgive FOR us... Where does it say THAT in the Bible?

let's be consistent.. Either you believe in sola scriptura or you do not...

No, God did not say "I will forgive for you"

He told US to forgive.... (Unless you forgive, you will not be forgiven)
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
non sequitor

doesn't tie in with OP

I do appreciate Nee's point that we Christians do not always sit with Jesus on His throne long enough b4 we set out to do certain things...

but still

there is no salvation without good works..

work out your salvation w/ fear and trembling... Phil 2:12

then there's that psg about how we will be judged according to our deeds...

yep, right there in the old Bible so many claim to believe in... until it conflicts w / their own philosophy or desires...

Forum List

Back