Washington moving closer to legalized Marijuana

I don't know that it brings "benefits". It has plenty of drawbacks and side effects that aren't to be arbitrarily overlooked. That said, PRISON and even being cited for it seems to be just as detrimental if not worse than being forgetful, lethargic and hungry. There are probably many heath ramifications as well.

I still can not agree with laws that criminalize pot in any way shape or form though.

I've never heard of a stoned person slapping a woman around, getting into a brawl over a football game, or causing a serious accident behind the wheel while baked. Of all the mind altering chemicals I'd much rather have the freedom to do a few bong hits and watch Rick and Morty.
it works wonders for ptsd.

Finally they're coming around

CNN —
President Joe Biden is taking his first major steps toward decriminalizing marijuana, fulfilling a campaign pledge to erase prior federal possession convictions and beginning the process of potentially loosening federal classification of the drug.

Biden on Thursday will pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, a move that senior administration officials said would affect thousands of Americans charged with that crime.
Only Congress can legalize marijuana. They have to change the FDA schedule.

Biden can not do it, the States can not do it...

Of course, Congress is full of nerd like cowards.

I think thats coming
I thought it would happen with Clinton.

What I don't get is that the left of the spectrum promotes the idea in hard core moonbat circles, as well as the right in libertarian circles. It's the authoritarian asswipes in between that must have something invested in continued prohibition that is either financially or politically beneficial to them. The media could easily sway public opinion far more than it already does so that the demand for complete legalization is thunderous. Instead they pander to people about it, but still promote bullshit about crime statistics as related to it.

Of course this is the same media that parrots inane drivel promoting "gun control" as if more laws will effect how lawless people behave, and suppresses stories about ordinary people defending themselves from lawless violent criminals which would actually cause such people to consider a different career path.

So go figure...

the states can do it anytime they want and I believe an executive order could solve the schedule rating of marijuana.
I am willing to argue this point before the Supreme Court if you want to take the other side.

How does next Thursday at 11:45 sound?

I was under the impression the POTUS (especially a potato that has no business in the WH) couldn't pardon state misdemeanor crimes....

Regardless marijuana never should have been criminalized in the first place. It was stupid from the get go. Too bad the republicrats didn't use their opportunity to prove they're less authoritarian than the democrooks, but hopefully we will see the end of a 90 year old asinine law.

Republicans started the criminalization of Mary Jane. Shit, it was Tricky Dick who created DEA and established MJ as a Schedule I -- judges laughed at that shit even then.

Most people have lost track of what an Executive Order is, and can do. It cannot change a law, although Democrats always try. It's like Obama's DACA rule change. The courts smacked him on that EO repeatedly. He knew it was illegal when he did it, and said so!

The schedule of drugs is contained in the Controlled Substances Act which would need to be changed by Congress. Biden can pardon anyone he wants, but he cannot change the law.

Most people have lost track of what an Executive Order is, and can do. It cannot change a law, although Democrats always try. It's like Obama's DACA rule change. The courts smacked him on that EO repeatedly. He knew it was illegal when he did it, and said so!

The schedule of drugs is contained in the Controlled Substances Act which would need to be changed by Congress. Biden can pardon anyone he wants, but he cannot change the law.

True. Very true.

hasn't executive orders changed law in the past?

Forum List

Back