Washington moving closer to legalized Marijuana

It's not harmless. It can lead to cognitive impairment and there's some research that suggests it could even lead to schizophrenia if consumed before the adult brain has fully developed.
you'd be surprised how many successful stoners there are.

Your talking to the Carrie Nation of the weed debate.
A full nanny statist that has actually called for the execution of drug users.
Proving that even the right will also use government to control human behavior.

For the record, I voted Trump, for those morons who think those who partake in marijuana are commies.

I really don't care who anyone voted for - vote for dead people for all I care.

In my mind there has to be a balance. I don't think marijuana is totally harmlesss - it has psychoactive effects. But FDA can make MJ a legit product, something that gives you a slight buzz.

I really don't care who anyone voted for - vote for dead people for all I care.

In my mind there has to be a balance. I don't think marijuana is totally harmlesss - it has psychoactive effects. But FDA can make MJ a legit product, something that gives you a slight buzz.
Like I said earlier.
Whatever the government does, literally has zero effect on my personal decisions or risk assessment.

you'd be surprised how many successful stones there are.

My nephew developed schizophrenia and he was a heavy weed user before his brain fully developed. Obviously this is anecdotal but there's research that mirrors his case. I don't really believe MJ is the gateway drug - that's alcohol, sugar, and caffeine, lol. But it's not harmless either. I just don't believe people should have their lives ruined over possessing a bag and getting a 'intent to distribute' charge on their record.

My nephew developed schizophrenia and he was a heavy weed user before his brain fully developed. Obviously this is anecdotal but there's research that mirrors his case. I don't really believe MJ is the gateway drug - that's alcohol, sugar, and caffeine, lol. But it's not harmless either. I just don't believe people should have their lives ruined over possessing a bag and getting a 'intent to distribute' charge on their record.
schizophrenia is a genetic disease

There have been millions of federal marijuana arrests?

Looks like it varies between 1,000 and 8500 per year over the past decade.

Going back 70 years would be interesting.

How many are currently incarcerated, I wonder.

There have been millions of federal marijuana arrests?

Looks like it varies between 1,000 and 8500 per year over the past decade.

Going back 70 years would be interesting.

How many are currently incarcerated, I wonder.
the article said none.

you'd be surprised how many successful stoners there are.
Apparently my worthless ass with a stellar credit rating, a home, toys in a second garage, a camper and a luxury SUV to tow it, and builds million dollar homes for a living is just a lazy pot smoking bum.

And a commie. Lol.

Finally they're coming around

CNN —
President Joe Biden is taking his first major steps toward decriminalizing marijuana, fulfilling a campaign pledge to erase prior federal possession convictions and beginning the process of potentially loosening federal classification of the drug.

Biden on Thursday will pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, a move that senior administration officials said would affect thousands of Americans charged with that crime.
Very good.

Well done, President Biden.

Apparently my worthless ass with a stellar credit rating, a home, toys in a second garage, a camper and a luxury SUV to tow it, and builds million dollar homes for a living is just a lazy pot smoking bum.

And a commie. Lol.
you bastard 🤣

Only Congress can legalize marijuana. They have to change the FDA schedule.

Biden can not do it, the States can not do it...

Of course, Congress is full of nerd like cowards.
No. False. You are mistaken.

The legislation in question is called the Controlled Substances Act, signed into law by Richard Nixon.

Here, read: Controlled Substances Act - Wikipedia

Congress established the Schedules, and then delegated away authority for what specifically is on them, to the Executive Branch.

The responsible parties are the Administrators of DEA and FDA

All the more need to have the feds legalize it and regulate it the way they do alcohol.

Unregulated booze production is dangerous as hell - you can go blind or die from drinking bathtub liquor. But regulate it, and it's something people can enjoy in moderate amounts.
There is more illegally grown marijuana out there than legal. It is still being sold on the streets. Even where it is legal.

There is more illegally grown marijuana out there than legal. It is still being sold on the streets. Even where it is legal.
That's because the dumbasses tax the legal stuff so much that people still go to their dealers.

That's because there's a market for it. I think there will always be street marijuana, but if we could decriminalize it federally and then basically allow Wall St to come up with companies that turn it into a range of safe, cheap products, I think a lot of the demand for the moonshine weed would go away.

Forum List

Back