Washington moving closer to legalized Marijuana

insolent imp

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2022
Finally they're coming around

CNN —
President Joe Biden is taking his first major steps toward decriminalizing marijuana, fulfilling a campaign pledge to erase prior federal possession convictions and beginning the process of potentially loosening federal classification of the drug.

Biden on Thursday will pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, a move that senior administration officials said would affect thousands of Americans charged with that crime.

What federal offenses are related to "simple marijuana possession"? You can't smoke a cigarette anywhere these days but they want to legalize the sale of a product that is far more dangerous to your health. They have gang wars over marijuana in California and the tax windfall that was alleged to come from pot heads has gone up in smoke.

I was under the impression the POTUS (especially a potato that has no business in the WH) couldn't pardon state misdemeanor crimes....

Regardless marijuana never should have been criminalized in the first place. It was stupid from the get go. Too bad the republicrats didn't use their opportunity to prove they're less authoritarian than the democrooks, but hopefully we will see the end of a 90 year old asinine law.

What federal offenses are related to "simple marijuana possession"? You can't smoke a cigarette anywhere these days but they want to legalize the sale of a product that is far more dangerous to your health. They have gang wars over marijuana in California and the tax windfall that was alleged to come from pot heads has gone up in smoke.
Colorado has done very well with marijuana tax money

I was under the impression the POTUS (especially a potato that has no business in the WH) couldn't pardon state misdemeanor crimes....

Regardless marijuana never should have been criminalized in the first place. It was stupid from the get go. Too bad the republicrats didn't use their opportunity to prove they're less authoritarian than the democrooks, but hopefully we will see the end of a 90 year old asinine law.
I’m a bit confused. How do you get federal charges on simple marijuana possession?

being on federal property?
I think it's a matter of quantity, and it could be related to trafficking across borders and state lines as well as more serious charges being reduced to possession convictions. To me it's a pretty half assed gesture to pander to radical bed wetters. If the potato actually moved it off the controlled substance schedule I'd have some respect for him.

I think it's a matter of quantity, and it could be related to trafficking across borders and state lines as well as more serious charges being reduced to possession convictions. To me it's a pretty half assed gesture to pander to radical bed wetters. If the potato actually moved it off the controlled substance schedule I'd have some respect for him.
I think thats coming

the other half enjoy the benefits marijuana brings.
I don't know that it brings "benefits". It has plenty of drawbacks and side effects that aren't to be arbitrarily overlooked. That said, PRISON and even being cited for it seems to be just as detrimental if not worse than being forgetful, lethargic and hungry. There are probably many heath ramifications as well.

I still can not agree with laws that criminalize pot in any way shape or form though.

I've never heard of a stoned person slapping a woman around, getting into a brawl over a football game, or causing a serious accident behind the wheel while baked. Of all the mind altering chemicals I'd much rather have the freedom to do a few bong hits and watch Rick and Morty.

Not as long as you vape it, and to be honest people don't smoke a pack or two of joints a day, they would either be asleep all the time, 800 lbs, or both.

Forum List

Back