Was the NEW TESTAMENT corrupted?

The KJV is a poor translation. It's misleading. With manuscript discoveries and better scholarship after 1611, many textual variances have been eliminated, and more recent, word-for-word translations must read most like the originals, such as the ESV and the NRSV.

The KJV is a poor translation. It's misleading. With manuscript discoveries and better scholarship after 1611, many textual variances have been eliminated, and more recent, word-for-word translations must read most like the originals, such as the ESV and the NRSV.

Whether his ascension was physical or spiritual is up for debate.
After HE came back from the grave HE ate fish. Timothy touched/felt the wounds on HIS hands and where the spear entered HIS side. One cannot do that with a spirit.
I was referring to whether his ascension to heaven was physical or spiritual. Do you believe that heaven is a physical place? If so, where is it located?

I have found this YouTube discussion to be very enlightening. It is long but does in fact agree with my own consideration of both the New and Old Testament translations.
BLUF, I'm a non-believer. However, I wouldn't say either is 'corrupt', I say both are theological books that reflect a theology that has evolved over time. If you read them literally or as history you're missing the point.

After HE came back from the grave HE ate fish. Timothy touched/felt the wounds on HIS hands and where the spear entered HIS side. One cannot do that with a spirit.
I was referring to whether his ascension to heaven was physical or spiritual. Do you believe that heaven is a physical place? If so, where is it located?
I believe that heaven is both physical and spiritual. It is more than likely located outside this dimension. Call it a parallel universe or simply another dimension --- both near yet far...

Anyone with questions like this should read the excellent book The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel. It addresses all the usual objections that skeptics have to the Bible, in a very thorough and compelling way. I've bought it before in packs of six, to give out to people I know. And I've met people who have converted to Christianity in part because of that book.

Last edited:
Anyone with questions like this should read the excellent book The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel. It addresses all the usual objections that skeptics have to the Bible, in a very thorough and compelling way. I've bought it before in packs of six, to give out to people I know. And I've met people who have converted to Christianity in part because of that book.
If after reading it you can’t convince us, how good can the book or his arguments be? In the end it boils down to you have to have faith in the unbelievable.

Ive met people who converted to Christianity just because their parents or preacher tells them the story of Jesus. People are gullible and superstitiosu still. We’re still a very young primitive species but pretty quickly we are coming out of this phase. Although I don’t doubt there will still be Muslims and Christians in the year 3000

Jesus said, “Until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” (Mt 5:18)

The Law passed away, every iota and dot.

Peter said, "But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly." (2 Pt 3:7)

Soon after Peter wrote that, the temple burned down.

Heaven and earth were the temple. They were the powers that be and the sea of people on the earth. Josephus places heaven in the Holy of Holies (Antiquities 3.6.4).

When Jews spoke of heaven and earth, they spoke of the temple. It was just a fact of daily life. “Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth,” Isaiah called out to Israel as he addressed the people in Chapter 1 (v 2). The Song of Moses begins the same way for the benefit of the whole assembly of Israel (Dt 31:30-32:1). In both cases, when the speaker addresses heaven and earth, he addresses flesh-and-blood human beings – the temple aristocracy and the people under its umbrella.

Otherwise, heaven is simply to be with the Father. It isn't physical; the flesh is useless. “It is the Spirit who gives life,” Jesus said. “The flesh is no help at all.” (Jn 6:63)

I have found this YouTube discussion to be very enlightening. It is long but does in fact agree with my own consideration of both the New and Old Testament translations.

Time and humans corrupt everything........passing down the information over a long period of time through human beings is bound to corrupt certain things....

Jesus was spiritual after his resurrection but allowed his disciples to see him. When he ascended, it was physical to the disciples that witnessed it but, in reality, he simply transitioned out of their view and into the Heavenly "realm". That's my take.

If after reading it you can’t convince us, how good can the book or his arguments be? In the end it boils down to you have to have faith in the unbelievable.

Ive met people who converted to Christianity just because their parents or preacher tells them the story of Jesus. People are gullible and superstitiosu still. We’re still a very young primitive species but pretty quickly we are coming out of this phase. Although I don’t doubt there will still be Muslims and Christians in the year 3000
I've met people who became evolutionists just because their parents or instructor tell them the story of Darwin. People are gullible and conformists still. We are naturally very materialistic and tend to be lazy. Pretty quickly we are getting worse. Although, when the year 3000 rolls around and we've come to the Millennial Kingdom Age there will still be those who oppose the LORD.

Time and humans corrupt everything........passing down the information over a long period of time through human beings is bound to corrupt certain things....

Not when GOD is in control. Things will progress exactly as HE alone wishes according to HIS plan.

I've met people who became evolutionists just because their parents or instructor tell them the story of Darwin. People are gullible and conformists still. We are naturally very materialistic and tend to be lazy. Pretty quickly we are getting worse. Although, when the year 3000 rolls around and we've come to the Millennial Kingdom Age there will still be those who oppose the LORD.
They believe evolution because it’s backed by scientific evidence. Darwin did not talk to god and you won’t go to hell for denying evolution.

Not when GOD is in control. Things will progress exactly as HE alone wishes according to HIS plan.

Your god is outdated. it’s time for the next testament

Forum List

Back