Was the NEW TESTAMENT corrupted?

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
I have found this YouTube discussion to be very enlightening. It is long but does in fact agree with my own consideration of both the New and Old Testament translations.

Last edited:
I have found this YouTube discussion to be very enlightening. It is long but does in fact agree with my own consideration of both the New and Old Testament translations.

It tells of a man who rose from the dead. It’s very premise is a lie.

Jesus wasn't a mere mortal. Jesus was the Son of GOD. The premise of the New Testament is entirely logical. Anyone who could heal the sick, lame, blind, and bring others back from the grave --- not to mention walk on water and calm storms must be GOD's Son.

Jesus wasn't a mere mortal. Jesus was the Son of GOD. The premise of the New Testament is entirely logical. Anyone who could heal the sick, lame, blind, and bring others back from the grave --- not to mention walk on water and calm storms must be GOD's Son.
I might have misunderstood. The New Testament itself is incorruptible, if I understand you right. Translations of it on the other hand may well be corrupt.
I don't read much Greek, but that is the original. -- Has anything been lost or changed or added to that?

I might have misunderstood. The New Testament itself is incorruptible, if I understand you right. Translations of it on the other hand may well be corrupt.
I don't read much Greek, but that is the original. -- Has anything been lost or changed or added to that?
How many versions of the Bible are there? Yea yea, king James is the best translation supposedly

It tells of a man who rose from the dead.
It tells of a man who actually existed. Whether his ascension was physical or spiritual is up for debate.
Who supposedly actually existed. Yes 11 men did spread the word around the world and ignorant people swallowed impossible stories. In later years so did mexicans, indians and asians.

We are still a very young primitive superstitious species.

I think a better question might be, what is meant by corrupt. I personally do not feel that the New Testament has been corrupted in the sense that what the original text intended was distorted. If you watch the video, I believe that what has been proven is that even with thousands of translations, the New Testament conveys what the HOLY SPIRIT intended. They all collaborate with each other. And the main differences involve spelling and the arrangement of some wordage. However, no doctrine of the CHURCH has come into question. Namely, JESUS is both man and deity. JESUS was born to a virgin. JESUS claimed divinity through both word and deed. JESUS gave HIS life as the only viable sacrifice for all sin. JESUS arose from the grave, ascended, and is returning.

I believe that what has been proven is that even with thousands of translations, the New Testament conveys what the HOLY SPIRIT intended. They all collaborate with each other.
Not all versions were translated in the right spirit. I go by the King James because I find time and time again that's the only version I can trust in the English language, even 409 years later.

How many versions of the Bible are there? Yea yea, king James is the best translation supposedly
Presently in English alone there exist the following (NOTE: I didn't include the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION because it isn't an honest translation but based on JW philosophy and is printed by them and for them).

New International Version
New Living Translation
English Standard Version
Berean Study Bible
New American Standard Bible
New King James Version
King James Bible
Christian Standard Bible
Contemporary English Version
Good News Translation
Holman Christian Standard Bible
International Standard Version
NET Bible
New Heart English Bible
A Faithful Version
GOD'S WORD® Translation
JPS Tanakh 1917
New American Standard 1977
King James 2000 Bible
American King James Version
American Standard Version
Brenton Septuagint Translation
Douay-Rheims Bible
Darby Bible Translation
English Revised Version
Webster's Bible Translation
World English Bible
Young's Literal Translation

I believe that what has been proven is that even with thousands of translations, the New Testament conveys what the HOLY SPIRIT intended. They all collaborate with each other.
Not all versions were translated in the right spirit. I go by the King James because I find time and time again that's the only version I can trust in the English language, even 409 years later.
The King James is a very fine translation.

E.T is the Son of God

Forum List

Back