War on Christmas?

If Jesus Christ wasn’t born on December 25, does the Bible indicate when He was born?
The biblical accounts point to the fall of the year as the most likely time of Jesus’ birth, based on the conception and birth of John the Baptist.

Since Elizabeth (John’s mother) was in her sixth month of pregnancy when Jesus was conceived (Luke 1:24-36), we can determine the approximate time of year Jesus was born if we know when John was born. John’s father, Zacharias, was a priest serving in the Jerusalem temple during the course of Abijah (Luke 1:5). Historical calculations indicate this course of service corresponded to June 13-19 in that year (The Companion Bible, 1974, Appendix 179, p. 200).

It was during this time of temple service that Zacharias learned that he and his wife Elizabeth would have a child (Luke 1:8-13). After he completed his service and traveled home, Elizabeth conceived (Luke 1:23-24). Assuming John’s conception took place near the end of June, adding nine months brings us to the end of March as the most likely time for John’s birth. Adding another six months (the difference in ages between John and Jesus) brings us to the end of September as the likely time of Jesus’ birth.

Biblical Evidence Shows Jesus Christ Wasn't Born on Dec. 25

If Jesus Christ wasn’t born on December 25, does the Bible indicate when He was born?
The biblical accounts point to the fall of the year as the most likely time of Jesus’ birth, based on the conception and birth of John the Baptist.

Since Elizabeth (John’s mother) was in her sixth month of pregnancy when Jesus was conceived (Luke 1:24-36), we can determine the approximate time of year Jesus was born if we know when John was born. John’s father, Zacharias, was a priest serving in the Jerusalem temple during the course of Abijah (Luke 1:5). Historical calculations indicate this course of service corresponded to June 13-19 in that year (The Companion Bible, 1974, Appendix 179, p. 200).

It was during this time of temple service that Zacharias learned that he and his wife Elizabeth would have a child (Luke 1:8-13). After he completed his service and traveled home, Elizabeth conceived (Luke 1:23-24). Assuming John’s conception took place near the end of June, adding nine months brings us to the end of March as the most likely time for John’s birth. Adding another six months (the difference in ages between John and Jesus) brings us to the end of September as the likely time of Jesus’ birth.

Biblical Evidence Shows Jesus Christ Wasn't Born on Dec. 25

the Word made flesh.................Feast of Tabernacles, Sukkot, late September

Reread John

shelter, cave, grotto, stable, error of the greek translation of sukkot

The feast was also when the people had plenty so it was the time of taxation

So............... what's your point?

Need help with the bigger words? I don't write these things for children. If it's beyond you might be better off keeping that a secret.

So you can't articulate your point? That means you don't have one.

Your OP just rambles incoherently. It never goes anywhere. I kinda like points to have some sort of, you know, destination.

Oh I'll interject one thing....I can't stand people who believe some goddam fairy tale which allows them an eternal life of living behind golden gates in an exclusive neighborhood and sailing around on gossamer wings while I....because I don't believe their fairy tale must burn and scream in a pit of fire for all eternity because I believe something else..........Are You Shitting Me????

Revelation 21:
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:

Last edited:
Oh I'll interject one thing....I can't stand people who believe some <snip> fairy tale which allows them an eternal life of living behind golden gates in an exclusive neighborhood and sailing around on gossamer wings while I....because I don't believe their fairy tale must burn and scream in a pit of fire for all eternity because I believe something else.........

Revelation 21:
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:

The message religion offers the world is that God is love, and loves unconditionally, more than what we can adequately describe or imagine. God loves you. How do you respond to that love?

If love is something that is burdensome to you, if being loving and kind to others is a real chore, then your choice is to reject God and His love (and the horse it rode in on) and choose a dog-eat-dog world as the place for you.

This world has a taste of heaven and a taste of hell. If you are thriving in the hells of this world, why wouldn't you also thrive in the hell of the next world. Just think, no bothering with love, no serving anyone.

How do you respond to love? If you are indifferent to God's love in this world, nothing is going to change the instant of your death. You will still be the same person who is indifferent to God's love in the next.

Oh I'll interject one thing....I can't stand people who believe some <snip> fairy tale which allows them an eternal life of living behind golden gates in an exclusive neighborhood and sailing around on gossamer wings while I....because I don't believe their fairy tale must burn and scream in a pit of fire for all eternity because I believe something else.........

Revelation 21:

The message religion offers the world is that God is love, and loves unconditionally, more than what we can adequately describe or imagine. God loves you. How do you respond to that love?

If love is something that is burdensome to you, if being loving and kind to others is a real chore, then your choice is to reject God and His love (and the horse it rode in on) and choose a dog-eat-dog world as the place for you.

This world has a taste of heaven and a taste of hell. If you are thriving in the hells of this world, why wouldn't you also thrive in the hell of the next world. Just think, no bothering with love, no serving anyone.

How do you respond to love? If you are indifferent to God's love in this world, nothing is going to change the instant of your death. You will still be the same person who is indifferent to God's love in the next.

Sorry Bud.....that's not what it says. All through bible is woven a basic sage..."Believe or Burn"
How about you take all those made up bullshit stories and cram them up your righteous ass. Do you know that right now as we speak 6/7 of all the people in the world would be doomed to eternal hell fire if that fairy tale were true? Talk about arrogance!!

Put me on the Einstein/Jefferson team:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."
~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"
~Thomas Jefferson~ (excerpt from a letter to John Adams)

Put me on the Einstein/Jefferson team:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility."
~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

Let's address a thought in this sentence. Einstein has taken a thought that we are created in the image and likeness of God, and then takes a look at that thought from another perspective, that whatever frailties humans possess, God must possess them, too. Even from that perspective, we can leap onto the idea that whatever strengths humans have, God must have those as well. Humans possess love, courage, heroics, kindness, gentleness, and mercy. Look in the mirror behind that human frailty, and something much stronger emerges from each one of us.

Forum List

Back