RIP Richard Dawkins who recently passed away after fighting a losing a bout with massive irony.

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Richard Dawkins
Richard Dawkins, founder of the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science, on Dec. 4, 2014, in Sydney, Australia. | Credit: Don Arnold/Getty Images
Walter Sánchez Silva
By Walter Sánchez Silva
ACI Prensa Staff, Apr 3, 2024 / 16:30 pm
The famous British atheist Richard Dawkins, author of the book “The God Delusion,” said in a recent interview that he identifies as a “cultural Christian” and prefers Christianity to Islam, although he clarified that he does not believe “a word” of the Christian faith.

In the interview with Rachel Johnson broadcast on March 31 on LBC, Dawkins said he was “slightly horrified” to learn that Oxford Street in London was promoting Ramadan, the Muslim month for fasting, instead of Easter.

Dawkins went on to explain: “I do think we are culturally a Christian country. I call myself a cultural Christian.”

“I’m not a believer, but there is a distinction between being a believing Christian and a cultural Christian,” Dawkins noted, adding: “I love hymns and Christmas carols and I sort of feel at home in the Christian ethos, and I feel that we are a Christian country in that sense.”

After expressing his satisfaction at what he perceives as a decline in the number of Christians, the famous atheist noted that he “would not be happy if, for example, we lost all our cathedrals and our beautiful parish churches.”

“So I call myself a cultural Christian and I think it would be truly dreadful if we substituted any alternative religion.”

However, when asked if the world would be better off without Christianity and all other religions, the schizophrenic scientist said, "Of course the world would be better off if things were just left to science, where men can be women, women can be men, and the unborn are not human in the slightest, but only if children can get sex changes, but I think that is only common sense.

The scientist and author of the God Delusion subsequently started convulsing uncontrollably shouting, "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?", presumably harkening back to his traumatic days at a local Catholic school and then became unresponsive and died.

Richard Dawkins
Richard Dawkins, founder of the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science, on Dec. 4, 2014, in Sydney, Australia. | Credit: Don Arnold/Getty Images
Walter Sánchez Silva
By Walter Sánchez Silva
ACI Prensa Staff, Apr 3, 2024 / 16:30 pm
The famous British atheist Richard Dawkins, author of the book “The God Delusion,” said in a recent interview that he identifies as a “cultural Christian” and prefers Christianity to Islam, although he clarified that he does not believe “a word” of the Christian faith.

In the interview with Rachel Johnson broadcast on March 31 on LBC, Dawkins said he was “slightly horrified” to learn that Oxford Street in London was promoting Ramadan, the Muslim month for fasting, instead of Easter.

Dawkins went on to explain: “I do think we are culturally a Christian country. I call myself a cultural Christian.”

“I’m not a believer, but there is a distinction between being a believing Christian and a cultural Christian,” Dawkins noted, adding: “I love hymns and Christmas carols and I sort of feel at home in the Christian ethos, and I feel that we are a Christian country in that sense.”

After expressing his satisfaction at what he perceives as a decline in the number of Christians, the famous atheist noted that he “would not be happy if, for example, we lost all our cathedrals and our beautiful parish churches.”

“So I call myself a cultural Christian and I think it would be truly dreadful if we substituted any alternative religion.”

However, when asked if the world would be better off without Christianity and all other religions, the schizophrenic scientist said, "Of course the world would be better off if things were just left to science, where men can be women, women can be men, and the unborn are not human in the slightest, but only if children can get sex changes, but I think that is only common sense.

The scientist and author of the God Delusion subsequently started convulsing uncontrollably shouting, "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?", presumably harkening back to his traumatic days at a local Catholic school and then became unresponsive and died.
HE was a fool, no denying. But such a fool that I feel sorry for him. Ever since I read his godawful stupid misreading of Jefferson

READ THIS , IT PROVES HE WAS ALWAYS A FOOL

The Most Perverted System that Ever Shone on Man

I’ve been reading The God Delusion, in preparation for a debate later today where I take the role, against Waldstein, of a “New Atheist.”

Oh God! Those New Atheists are so much more tedious, so much less brilliant, than those Old Atheists I studied so thoroughly at university. (But, hey, it’s Friday, and I’m a Catholic; so I’ll suffer it.)

They’re fairly unscholarly too. Here’s a good example. On page 64 of The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins memes a commonly made claim and attributes to Thomas Jefferson the quotation given in the title, arguing that it indicates that Jefferson was a Deist rather than a Theist:

Remarks of Jefferson’s such as ‘Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man’ are compatible with deism but also with atheism.
Well, no. The quotation comes from a letter of Jefferson to the scientist and philosopher, Joseph Priestly. I’ll quote it in context:

The barbarians really flattered themselves they should be able to bring back the times of Vandalism, when ignorance put everything into the hands of power & priestcraft. All advances in science were proscribed as innovations. They pretended to praise and encourage education, but it was to be the education of our ancestors. We were to look backwards, not forwards, for improvement; the President himself declaring, in one of his answers to addresses, that we were never to expect to go beyond them in real science. This was the real ground of all the attacks on you. Those who live by mystery & charlatanerie, fearing you would render them useless by simplifying the Christian philosophy,—the most sublime & benevolent, but most perverted system that ever shone on man,—endeavored to crush your well-earnt & well-deserved fame. But it was the Lilliputians upon Gulliver.
Now you well might wonder how Jefferson could in one breath refer to Christianity as “the most sublime & benevolent system”, and in the next call it the “most perverted” system. You would wonder that if you were unfamiliar with 18th c. English. What in the context the phrase “most perverted” means is “most frequently perverted,” that is, by those practitioners of “priesthood” who “live by mystery & charlantarie” – sentiments which are all fairly typical of 17th and 18th c. Deism.

You never would guess from that undeluded man, Dawkins, that Jefferson was referring to Christianity, in its pure form (as Jefferson saw it), as sublime and benevolent.

HE was a fool, no denying. But such a fool that I feel sorry for him. Ever since I read his godawful stupid misreading of Jefferson

READ THIS , IT PROVES HE WAS ALWAYS A FOOL

The Most Perverted System that Ever Shone on Man

I’ve been reading The God Delusion, in preparation for a debate later today where I take the role, against Waldstein, of a “New Atheist.”

Oh God! Those New Atheists are so much more tedious, so much less brilliant, than those Old Atheists I studied so thoroughly at university. (But, hey, it’s Friday, and I’m a Catholic; so I’ll suffer it.)

They’re fairly unscholarly too. Here’s a good example. On page 64 of The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins memes a commonly made claim and attributes to Thomas Jefferson the quotation given in the title, arguing that it indicates that Jefferson was a Deist rather than a Theist:

Well, no. The quotation comes from a letter of Jefferson to the scientist and philosopher, Joseph Priestly. I’ll quote it in context:

Now you well might wonder how Jefferson could in one breath refer to Christianity as “the most sublime & benevolent system”, and in the next call it the “most perverted” system. You would wonder that if you were unfamiliar with 18th c. English. What in the context the phrase “most perverted” means is “most frequently perverted,” that is, by those practitioners of “priesthood” who “live by mystery & charlantarie” – sentiments which are all fairly typical of 17th and 18th c. Deism.

You never would guess from that undeluded man, Dawkins, that Jefferson was referring to Christianity, in its pure form (as Jefferson saw it), as sublime and benevolent.
Dawkins likes the Christian culture but hates the God of the Bible

So, either the Christians got the God of the Bible wrong as they did not create a culture accordingly or Dawkins does not really understand the God of the Bible

It really is that simple.

Dawkins likes the Christian culture but hates the God of the Bible

So, either the Christians got the God of the Bible wrong as they did not create a culture accordingly or Dawkins does not really understand the God of the Bible

It really is that simple.
You might be stupider than him. HE NEVER SAID SUCH A THING>

IN fact it makes no sense, This result of truths (eg American Founding) I really agree with but its basis I reject.
That makes no sense. As I showed with the Jefferson comment Dawkins couldn't even read correctly , he took Jeffersion in the exact opposite sense.

Forum List

Back