Walmart taking down 9/11-themed soda display after backlash

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Whiny special snowflakes are butt hurt over this? Imagine that!

He told BuzzFeed News that: “We stopped and stared at it like, oh my God. Nobody seemed to be noticing it, it wasn’t very crowded, and I got the feeling that it had just been assembled. So we took some pics and went on our way.”

His tweet has been retweeted over 2,500 times.

Many were not happy.

Do you have any idea what they're upset about?

He told BuzzFeed News that: “We stopped and stared at it like, oh my God. Nobody seemed to be noticing it, it wasn’t very crowded, and I got the feeling that it had just been assembled. So we took some pics and went on our way.”

Many were not happy.

Being tacky? idk..

I'd hate to see what the local mortuary's 9/11 display would look like if they followed Walmart's lead.

Guess maybe some people don't want to see the tragedy used to sell Coke? Only thing I can think of. Or you can look at it a whole nother way, that we are remembering all those who were lost.

Many were not happy.

I doubt they have any idea

Many were not happy.

So the whole notion of respect is lost on you? Do you favor profiting from his tragedy, or should commercial ventures like Wal*Mart show at least a small level of mature judgment?

I'm guessing that you're too young to have actual memories of September 11, 2001.

PANAMA CITY, Fla. — People are furious after pictures of a Florida Walmart’s 9/11-themed Coke display began to circulate on Twitter Tuesday afternoon.

A Walmart’s 9/11 Coke display sparks outrage

Is this something to be furious over? Bad taste maybe? I guess I'll admit I'm not sure what the outage is for.

Thoughts?

PANAMA CITY, Fla. — People are furious after pictures of a Florida Walmart’s 9/11-themed Coke display began to circulate on Twitter Tuesday afternoon.

Is this something to be furious over? Bad taste maybe? I guess I'll admit I'm not sure what the outage is for.

Thoughts?
There was a thread on this yesterday. Not much reply. Maybe making $$ on a tragedy? I didn't take it that way, myself. I'm sure Coke meant it as a remembrance, not an insult.

You know what's in bad taste? Coke Zero.

Eh? Eh? See what I did there?

Diet and Zero are marketing scams. Soda in general is just so bad. I stopped drinking soda a year ago and proceeded to lose 10 pounds pretty quickly. I guess I derailed my own thread!

Thoughts?
Some people are idiots, some are professional whiners and some are BOTH and referred to as libtards.

You know what's in bad taste? Coke Zero.

Eh? Eh? See what I did there?

Diet and Zero are marketing scams. Soda in general is just so bad. I stopped drinking soda a year ago and proceeded to lose 10 pounds pretty quickly. I guess I derailed my own thread!

I have also quit soda--------all kinds-----it is actually bad stuff----
fruit juices can be bad stuff too.-------check ingredients. Vodka tastes worse----but feels better

Forum List

Back