Rather be in jail’: 70-year-old man robs bank to get arrested and away from wife, police say

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I know how this poor guy felt

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...say/?client=ms-android-americamovil-us&espv=1

Breaking up is hard to do.

So hard that one 70-year-old man in Kansas City, Kan., decided he’d rather avoid doing so altogether by getting himself thrown in a jail cell instead of spending another minute at home with his wife.

On Tuesday, Lawrence John Ripple was charged with bank robbery. It is unclear whether he has a lawyer, and he has not entered a plea.

On Wednesday, he was moved from the Wyandotte County Detention Center in Kansas City to a federal facility in Leavenworth, Kan., according to Reuters.

If Ripple’s to be believed, that’s exactly where he’d like to be.

Last Friday, Ripple had a fight with his wife of 33 years, Dido.

She told WWLP that they were arguing over a broken dryer that she asked him to fix.

As the domestic dispute heated up, Ripple yelled that he’d “rather be in jail than at home,

I know how this poor guy felt

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...say/?client=ms-android-americamovil-us&espv=1

Breaking up is hard to do.

So hard that one 70-year-old man in Kansas City, Kan., decided he’d rather avoid doing so altogether by getting himself thrown in a jail cell instead of spending another minute at home with his wife.

On Tuesday, Lawrence John Ripple was charged with bank robbery. It is unclear whether he has a lawyer, and he has not entered a plea.

On Wednesday, he was moved from the Wyandotte County Detention Center in Kansas City to a federal facility in Leavenworth, Kan., according to Reuters.

If Ripple’s to be believed, that’s exactly where he’d like to be.

Last Friday, Ripple had a fight with his wife of 33 years, Dido.

She told WWLP that they were arguing over a broken dryer that she asked him to fix.

As the domestic dispute heated up, Ripple yelled that he’d “rather be in jail than at home,
I predict that John Ripple will miss his wife soon, for he will have a much harsher roommate in prison.

Why couldn't he just pack up and leave if he couldn't stand another minute with her?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Driving him into doing something like robbing a bank would only give her something to be proud of any way if she really is a word that I can't say.

Forum List

Back