Voter suppression laws likely tipped the scales for Trump, civil rights groups say

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
WASHINGTON -- Civil rights groups say a tangle of Republican-backed “voter suppression” laws enacted since 2010 probably helped tip the scale for Republican nominee Donald Trump in some closely contested states on election night.

“When we look back, we will find that voter suppression figured prominently in the story surrounding the 2016 presidential election,” said Kristen Clarke, the president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

Fourteen states had restrictive new voting laws on the books for the first time in a presidential election this year, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law: Alabama, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

The laws included a mix of photo ID requirements for voters, cuts to early voting opportunities and curbs on voter registration activity.

Read rest of article here:
Voter suppression laws likely tipped the scales for Trump, civil rights groups say

WASHINGTON -- Civil rights groups say a tangle of Republican-backed “voter suppression” laws enacted since 2010 probably helped tip the scale for Republican nominee Donald Trump in some closely contested states on election night.

Of course they do. It's not possible that the Dems ran a seriously flawed candidate who arrogantly expected Dem-bots to line up and vote for her just because she was the standard bearer. Someday you may get your head out of your butt but I doubt it.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Of course they do. It;s not possible that the Dems ran a seriously flawed candidate who arrogantly expected Dem-bots to line up and vote for her just because she was the standard bearer. Someday you may get your head out of your butt but I doubt it.

And yet, she won the national popular vote. Thoughts?

Of course they do. It;s not possible that the Dems ran a seriously flawed candidate who arrogantly expected Dem-bots to line up and vote for her just because she was the standard bearer. Someday you may get your head out of your butt but I doubt it.

Did she?...the total has not yet been calculated and Hillary won't ask for it due to several hundred thousand dead people voting.

So what do you do for a living?

You "civil rights" types have long ago proven that the only time you care about "civil rights" is when you can gin it up into something to smear your ideological opponents with.

You have all the credibility of CHarles Manson in a parole board hearing.

• Banned

Did she?...the total has not yet been calculated and Hillary won't ask for it due to several hundred thousand dead people voting.

Yup, she did.

2016 election results: State maps, live updates

“When we look back, we will find that voter suppression figured prominently in the story surrounding the 2016 presidential election,” said Kristen Clarke, the president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

Fourteen states had restrictive new voting laws on the books for the first time in a presidential election this year, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law: Alabama, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

The laws included a mix of photo ID requirements for voters, cuts to early voting opportunities and curbs on voter registration activity.

Just can't accept you ran a shit candidate, can ya? She couldn't excite the base and got 6 million fewer votes than your dear leader did in 2012. That's why she lost.

Yup, she did.

2016 election results: State maps, live updates
Not completed yet.

Just can't accept you ran a shit candidate, can ya? She couldn't excite the base and got 6 million fewer votes than your dear leader did in 2012. That's why she lost.

Oh no. I totally accept that we didn't run the best candidate. I am furious that we didn't nominate Bernie.

I'm looking into voter counts and stuff, and it does seem like fewer people voted in some key areas.

I build websites.

And lost the election anyway. Any thoughts not slathered in whine?

I build websites.
Database?
Coding?
Do you interact with your customers?

If you can't provide a modicum of proof in your synopsis, I'm not going to bother with your link.

Fail

I build websites.
Database?
Coding?

Yes, but it depends on some things. I don't do database shit or even coding (though I can on a very basic level). No need. I'll work with certain brands on specific marketing campaigns on occasion, but I mostly build as if I'm a real estate developer, except in the digital realm.

If you can't provide a modicum of proof in your synopsis, I'm not going to bother with you link.

Fail

lol, ok. Don't like that readin' stuff do ya?

If you can't provide a modicum of proof in your synopsis, I'm not going to bother with you link.

Fail

lol, ok. Don't like that readin' stuff do ya?

No, put apparently you have a problem with a that writin' stuff...

I build websites.
Database?
Coding?

Yes, but it depends on some things. I don't do database shit or even coding (though I can on a very basic level). No need. I'll work with certain brands on specific marketing campaigns on occasion, but I mostly build as if I'm a real estate developer, except in the digital realm.
Are you talking Analysis or Marketing?
Be a bit more definitive.
What do you do for a customer?

Forum List

Back