Voter suppression laws likely tipped the scales for Trump, civil rights groups say

Of course they do. It;s not possible that the Dems ran a seriously flawed candidate who arrogantly expected Dem-bots to line up and vote for her just because she was the standard bearer. Someday you may get your head out of your butt but I doubt it.

And yet, she won the national popular vote. Thoughts?

My thoughts, what, at this point, difference does it make?

Besides that the difference shrank today with AZ reporting and it will shrink likely shrink more or disappear when the other 2 report.

It might. But, the results are important as they give a lot of interesting information. Winning the popular vote yet losing the EV means you should really study the results. I personally just find it kind of fascinating.

OK. Hillary lost 30 of 50 states. How's that for "fascinating?"

And yet won (or is winning) the popular vote. That part is fascinating.
.2% is not fascinating! And we are not done yet!

Does the left ever lose an election without making excuses for it? Maybe just maybe Hillary Clinton lost because she was a bad candidate maybe it was she got caught in repeated lies over her e-mail server or it could be the DNC putting it's thumb on the scale to screw over Sanders and his supporters or in an election when people on both sides were sick to death of the status quo and career politicans and screaming for change the Democrats nominated the most status quo career politican out there. It could be and likely was all these things combined and not any voter suppersion consiparcy theroy.

I am *not* making excuses for it. Hillary lost. And it very well could be because of all of those reasons you mention. I'm sure it has to do with exactly those reasons.

I found the article, thought it was interesting. Even more interesting to me is how the right on this forum is collectively freaking out about an article. Guilty conscience?

Just can't accept you ran a shit candidate, can ya? She couldn't excite the base and got 6 million fewer votes than your dear leader did in 2012. That's why she lost.

Oh no. I totally accept that we didn't run the best candidate. I am furious that we didn't nominate Bernie.

I'm looking into voter counts and stuff, and it does seem like fewer people voted in some key areas.

Yeah, like PA, Ohio, MI, NC, FL.................... I could go on. Of course the State you folks said would flip for the bitch didn't, she lost TX by 9%.

Of course they do. It;s not possible that the Dems ran a seriously flawed candidate who arrogantly expected Dem-bots to line up and vote for her just because she was the standard bearer. Someday you may get your head out of your butt but I doubt it.

Besides that the difference shrank today with AZ reporting and it will shrink likely shrink more or disappear when the other 2 report.

It might. But, the results are important as they give a lot of interesting information. Winning the popular vote yet losing the EV means you should really study the results. I personally just find it kind of fascinating.

OK. Hillary lost 30 of 50 states. How's that for "fascinating?"
Damn! Wish I posted that.

What's worse, Dems have 72 million registered voters while Repubs have just 55 mil yet she still got crushed. The whining and denial here is remarkable yet soooo typical.

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-112538.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Civil rights groups say a tangle of Republican-backed “voter suppression” laws enacted since 2010 probably helped tip the scale for Republican nominee Donald Trump in some closely contested states on election night.

Did she?...the total has not yet been calculated and Hillary won't ask for it due to several hundred thousand dead people voting.

Yup, she did.

2016 election results: State maps, live updates

When they've completed the count in Arizona, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin, Trump will have won the Popular Vote.

Those above States are not at 100% vote counted if you notice, when they're all at 100% Trump will have won the Popular Vote as well as the Electoral College vote.

Does the left ever lose an election without making excuses for it? Maybe just maybe Hillary Clinton lost because she was a bad candidate maybe it was she got caught in repeated lies over her e-mail server or it could be the DNC putting it's thumb on the scale to screw over Sanders and his supporters or in an election when people on both sides were sick to death of the status quo and career politicans and screaming for change the Democrats nominated the most status quo career politican out there. It could be and likely was all these things combined and not any voter suppersion consiparcy theroy.

I am *not* making excuses for it. Hillary lost. And it very well could be because of all of those reasons you mention. I'm sure it has to do with exactly those reasons.

I found the article, thought it was interesting. Even more interesting to me is how the right on this forum is collectively freaking out about an article. Guilty conscience?
Seems to me the guilty conscience is coming from the left in trying to find a way to blame Trumps win on anything other than the fact they nominated the only candidate Trump could have beaten.

Just can't accept you ran a shit candidate, can ya? She couldn't excite the base and got 6 million fewer votes than your dear leader did in 2012. That's why she lost.

Oh no. I totally accept that we didn't run the best candidate. I am furious that we didn't nominate Bernie.

I'm looking into voter counts and stuff, and it does seem like fewer people voted in some key areas.

Yeah, like PA, Ohio, MI, NC, FL.................... I could go on. Of course the State you folks said would flip for the bitch didn't, she lost TX by 9%.

I expected her to lose TX. PA is really fucking interesting to me. As is MI. FL....still interesting, though I think she could've won FL.

Over 40% of registered voters didn't vote in this election, which is absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

WASHINGTON -- Civil rights groups say a tangle of Republican-backed “voter suppression” laws enacted since 2010 probably helped tip the scale for Republican nominee Donald Trump in some closely contested states on election night.

“When we look back, we will find that voter suppression figured prominently in the story surrounding the 2016 presidential election,” said Kristen Clarke, the president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

Fourteen states had restrictive new voting laws on the books for the first time in a presidential election this year, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law: Alabama, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

The laws included a mix of photo ID requirements for voters, cuts to early voting opportunities and curbs on voter registration activity.

Read rest of article here:
Voter suppression laws likely tipped the scales for Trump, civil rights groups say
All bigoted nonsense. What tipped the scales in favor of Trump was his clear statements about what he intended to do to promote the economy, protect American jobs and shore up our national security. What tipped the scales against Clinton was her entirely unprincipled, substance free gospel of hate, fear and divisiveness.

Did she?...the total has not yet been calculated and Hillary won't ask for it due to several hundred thousand dead people voting.

Yup, she did.

When they've completed the count in Arizona, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin, Trump will have won the Popular Vote.

Those above States are not at 100% vote counted if you notice, when they're all at 100% Trump will have won the Popular Vote as well as the Electoral College vote.
Yep! And then SYTFE can stuff his "fascination" up his irrational, immature ass.

Yup, she did.

We'll see. Trump has to make up over 380,000 votes. It's possible.

Yup, she did.

Yep! And then SYTFE can stuff his "fascination" up his irrational, immature ass.

Hey! That's not very nice.

Yup, she did.

Hillary being an uninspiring and corrupt candidate is what suppressed Democratic voter turnout. Do Liberals ever take responsibility? Fer Chrissakes, is it always someone elses' fault?

She can feel good about that when she's watching her moronic opponent sworn in.

Yup, she did.

388,769 to be exact.

Yup, she did.

Hey! That's not very nice.
I Know, but when I try to be nice you rebuff me.

I expected her to lose TX. PA is really fucking interesting to me. As is MI. FL....still interesting, though I think she could've won FL.

Over 40% of registered voters didn't vote in this election, which is absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

That - as well as Trump's unexpected victory - is a message to the ruling class. If they want to win they must energize the disenfranchised, disillusioned and disgusted 40% or risk having their opponent do so.

I saw it studied plenty when poor Al lost to W, also I'm more results oriented. I don't care how the sausage is made as long as it tastes good.

Yup, she did.

But, as the billionaire and real estate mogul prepares to assume power in January, he’s likely to face questions of legitimacy as Clinton appears poised to win the popular vote in the 2016 election, according to the latest reported tallies. Of the 119,643,176 votes counted so far, Clinton earned 59,938,290 compared to Trump’s 59,704,886, a razor-thin difference of 233,404, or rather 47.7 percent for the former secretary of state to 47.5 percent for the new president-elect, CNN and CBS News show.

Popular Vote Update 2016: Hillary Clinton Still Leads Donald Trump As Last Results Trickle In

That is .001% of the population. And you find that fascinating. You are remarkable.

Yup, she did.

388,769 to be exact.
That is not the latest toll.

Forum List

Back