Not Trolling....An Honest Question....Is The Democrat Party Dead?

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

1. The GOP now effectively controls all three branches of Government.

2. The GOP controls 35 Governorships

3. The GOP now controls 37 Statehouses.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

So the question is: where does the Democrat Party go from here? Please discuss.

2016 election results: National Exit polls

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Last edited:

Ah, a question on the nature of existence. I like it.

Can something in fact "die" if it has never existed? :eusa_think:

I think not. "Death" requires a pre-existing life".

Equally intriguing question ---- is the Republic Party "dead"?

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

So the question is: where does the Democrat Party go from here? Please discuss.

2016 election results: National Exit polls

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry
Remember, the GOP controlled the entire Government when Bush became president. And we had 8 terrible years of disaster. Obama fixed a lot of the GOP's disasters even with them blocking everything they could even wanting Obama to fail from the beginning.

The GOP will be even a worse disaster under Trump. With all the racism, the GOP got really excited and voted in record numbers. But it can't be sustained. Especially with what they want to do now. They will really damage the US.

The Dimocratic Party is not dead, but it is on life support and the docs are talking about the lack of bed space.

Pogo...you are an intelligent person. You can parse words if it makes you feel better. :) But the question remains: The Democrats has lost every election since 2010....big....except the one where Barack Obama was not at the top of the ticket.

There are obviously problems. What do you see as the root causes. I am truly interested in your opinion.

Thanks.

It's a sad Two Party System. So no, the Democrat Party isn't dead. Just like the Republican Party wasn't, when Democrats boasted about it being dead.

They're inciting racism, sexism, LBGTism and any other ism they can incite at the moment to achieve power.

If we assume many-a-liberal wise-up to their tactics, then we can squish them like the black widow spider they are. If not, then I think we need to consider dividing the nation. We do a vertical split right down the middle. It will be great for the economy with all the moving. Our governments completely independent. The middle east and Europe does this. We can too.

A great man once said united we stand divided we fall. You can take that literally and apply it to our reality. I'm not wrong. BTW, we get all current and former American flags fuckers. You won't be needing them. I vote we conservatives take the west. God bless Oregon coast. I've never been on the east.

Last edited:
It is not dead, but it's on life support. They have to accept that they don't have a winning formula any more. One third of the electorate no longer wants to assign themselves to either the left or right. The left have touted themselves for a long time as "the big tent party". Really they've become a field of segregated tents, and they address segments of the population which has created suspicion, division and intolerance. Then they expect people to be fooled and believe that they are inclusive and want to bring people together. People should retain a healthy skepticism of government, but the distrust and contempt reached a level that turned the tide away from the left and their progressive agenda that has produced failed policies for a large portion of Americans. They should focus on common ground and stop taking any segment of the population for granted. As much as the media has attempted to control the narrative, they pushed their personal bias to a point that even voters not super tuned in were able to recognize the manipulation. Nobody likes to feel controlled or pandered to, and the results of the election show that people wanted to send a clear message to career politicians and the media rooting for one side over the other. The dems will probably continue to try and put people in boxes and make them feel like victims, but that is not empowering nor uplifting. They need a positive message that appeals to the majority of Americans. I believe they will continue to collaborate and take every opportunity to focus on the negative and silently root for the new administration to fail. They take that path at their own peril, and risk another backlash now that everyone recognizes that their voices can be heard and make a difference.

Pogo...you are an intelligent person. You can parse words if it makes you feel better. :) But the question remains: The Democrats has lost every election since 2010....big....except the one where Barack Obama was not at the top of the ticket.

There are obviously problems. What do you see as the root causes. I am truly interested in your opinion.

Thanks.

I didn't misspell it in the first place Doodles.

"Every election since 2010" comprises TWO elections, three if you count midterms and four if you count 2010 itself. Midterms are virtually *always* lost by the party that holds the White House. You could look it up. Moreover "the Democrats" or "the Republicans" didn't all lose or win. Some won here, some lost there.

If you refer to Presidential elections you're looking at one in a row. Meanwhile the Republic Party :lol: lost every POTUS election from 1932 through 1948, putting the opposition in office for a full twenty years. Did it kill them?

A better question might be --- is the Republic Party dead. If not ... what the hell is it, considering all the internal opposition to its own next head?

For that matter to follow your model, that Republique Party has lost the popular POTUS vote in six of the last seven. Meaning what?

I'm still raucously amuserated that you actually propose the term "forever" based on one election held less than 48 hours ago though. That's hard to top.

The democratic party isn't dead.

It's not in bad shape.

There's no autopsy to perform.

This isn't like the hot mess republican party.

It's not in bad shape.

So you're okay with this and see no problems? Interesting. :)

Thanks.

I didn't misspell it in the first place Doodles.

"Every election since 2010" comprises TWO elections, three if you count midterms and four if you count 2010 itself. Midterms are virtually *always* lost by the party that holds the White House. You could look it up. Moreover "the Democrats" or "the Republicans" didn't all lose or win. Some won here, some lost there.

If you refer to Presidential elections you're looking at one in a row. Meanwhile the Republic Party :lol: lost every POTUS election from 1932 through 1948, putting the opposition in office for a full twenty years. Did it kill them?

A better question might be --- is the Republic Party dead. If not ... what the hell is it, considering all the internal opposition to its own next head?

For that matter to follow your model, that Republique Party has lost the popular POTUS vote in six of the last seven. Meaning what?

I'm still raucously amuserated that you actually propose the term "forever" based on one election held less than 48 hours ago though. That's hard to top.

Okay....you see no problems. Got it. :thup:

Considering that white males are the fastest shrinking group and this is what the map looks like if only millenials voted i would say no

YTNiZTk0MjdmMCMvcHdidDV2dEhNOUZxNzRiSkJnQWRwN09KU0tBPS8xNngxMjo3Nzh4NTU4LzYyMXg0NDUvZmlsdGVyczpxdWFsaXR5KDcwKS9odHRwOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL3Vhb3Y3aXJlaGIyNGk0dnI5c25lMGM2Y2l3dWR1b201cXJsbXlicGZsNTE0cWJ0Y3Bmc21ocG5pM2hmcjRqbWYuanBn.jpg

It's a sad Two Party System. So no, the Democrat Party isn't dead. Just like the Republican Party wasn't, when Democrats boasted about it being dead.

May not be dead -- but they are definitely on the express train to becoming irrelevant. Because they stand for nothing and have usurped the power to make Congress into a oligarchy of party bosses running the place. Only FOUR people "run" Congress. The rest are bound and gagged and ALREADY irrelevant. Even the politicians are oppressed by this duopoly with no where to speak their minds. For fear of being of "primaried out" or assigned to the "sanitation committee"..

It's not in bad shape.

So your okay with this and see no problems? Interesting. :)

As was said, one in a row.

As was said, a lot of changes will happen come midterms, as always.

We ran an uncharismatic candidate that was successfully smeared by her opponent.

That doesn't kill the entire party. We'll be fine.

Forum List

Back