Voter suppression laws likely tipped the scales for Trump, civil rights groups say

55863496.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Civil rights groups say a tangle of Republican-backed “voter suppression” laws enacted since 2010 probably helped tip the scale for Republican nominee Donald Trump in some closely contested states on election night.

“When we look back, we will find that voter suppression figured prominently in the story surrounding the 2016 presidential election,” said Kristen Clarke, the president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

Fourteen states had restrictive new voting laws on the books for the first time in a presidential election this year, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law: Alabama, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

The laws included a mix of photo ID requirements for voters, cuts to early voting opportunities and curbs on voter registration activity.

Read rest of article here:
Voter suppression laws likely tipped the scales for Trump, civil rights groups say

If you can't provide a modicum of proof in your synopsis, I'm not going to bother with you link.

Fail

lol, ok. Don't like that readin' stuff do ya?

No, put apparently you have a problem with a that writin' stuff...

You like it, the woeful ignorance?

WASHINGTON -- Civil rights groups say a tangle of Republican-backed “voter suppression” laws enacted since 2010 probably helped tip the scale for Republican nominee Donald Trump in some closely contested states on election night.

Of course they do. It;s not possible that the Dems ran a seriously flawed candidate who arrogantly expected Dem-bots to line up and vote for her just because she was the standard bearer. Someday you may get your head out of your butt but I doubt it.

And yet, she won the national popular vote. Thoughts?
So far.

So what do you do for a living?

I build websites.
Database?
Coding?
Do you interact with your customers?

Yes, but it depends on some things. I don't do database shit or even coding (though I can on a very basic level). No need. I'll work with certain brands on specific marketing campaigns on occasion, but I mostly build as if I'm a real estate developer, except in the digital realm.
Are you talking Analysis or Marketing?
Be a bit more definitive.
What do you do for a customer?

Why are you so interested? Yesterday you couldn't stop calling me an asshole, now you're infatuated with me.

Want me to be your new BFF? Not interested, dude.

Of course they do. It;s not possible that the Dems ran a seriously flawed candidate who arrogantly expected Dem-bots to line up and vote for her just because she was the standard bearer. Someday you may get your head out of your butt but I doubt it.

My thoughts, what, at this point, difference does it make?

Besides that the difference shrank today with AZ reporting and it will likely shrink more or disappear when the other 2 report.

Last edited:
So what do you do for a living?

I build websites.
Database?
Coding?
Do you interact with your customers?

Yes, but it depends on some things. I don't do database shit or even coding (though I can on a very basic level). No need. I'll work with certain brands on specific marketing campaigns on occasion, but I mostly build as if I'm a real estate developer, except in the digital realm.
Are you talking Analysis or Marketing?
Be a bit more definitive.
What do you do for a customer?

Why are you so interested? Yesterday you couldn't stop calling me an asshole, now you're infatuated with me.

Want me to be your new BFF? Not interested, dude.
Nope. I'm trying to get to the root of your inability to connect pieces of information.
I get the feeling you work in a niche that requires flash and emotion and not the need to logically understand things.

By .2% LMAO

“When we look back, we will find that voter suppression figured prominently in the story surrounding the 2016 presidential election,” said Kristen Clarke, the president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

Fourteen states had restrictive new voting laws on the books for the first time in a presidential election this year, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law: Alabama, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

The laws included a mix of photo ID requirements for voters, cuts to early voting opportunities and curbs on voter registration activity.

thats what it was designed to do

If you can't provide a modicum of proof in your synopsis, I'm not going to bother with you link.

Fail

Reverting to a logical fallacy. Not a good sign.

You're not representing this link well at all.

Fail

Besides that the difference shrank today with AZ reporting and it will shrink likely shrink more or disappear when the other 2 report.

It might. But, the results are important as they give a lot of interesting information. Winning the popular vote yet losing the EV means you should really study the results. I personally just find it kind of fascinating.

Race mongers making more bull shit excuses. Typical leftist crap.

Fail

Reverting to a logical fallacy. Not a good sign.

You're not representing this link well at all.

Fail

Uh, you're the one who hates reading, bub.

By .2% LMAO
Shhh...

Besides that the difference shrank today with AZ reporting and it will shrink likely shrink more or disappear when the other 2 report.

It might. But, the results are important as they give a lot of interesting information. Winning the popular vote yet losing the EV means you should really study the results. I personally just find it kind of fascinating.

Keyword..."personally"
Yet you project so violently.

OK. Hillary lost 30 of 50 states. How's that for "fascinating?"

Damn! Wish I posted that.

Does the left ever lose an election without making excuses for it? Maybe just maybe Hillary Clinton lost because she was a bad candidate maybe it was she got caught in repeated lies over her e-mail server or it could be the DNC putting it's thumb on the scale to screw over Sanders and his supporters or in an election when people on both sides were sick to death of the status quo and career politicans and screaming for change the Democrats nominated the most status quo career politican out there. It could be and likely was all these things combined and not any voter suppersion consiparcy theroy.

And yet won (or is winning) the popular vote. That part is fascinating.

Damn! Wish I posted that.

Ya gotta be quick on the draw, slow poke. Stop watching star trek and get those neurons firing.

Forum List

Back