VMT tax hidden in infrastructure bill

It is. It's going to buy votes.
Actually it's up to the states to sign on or not sign on to the tax...they don't have to.

Usually it's attached to highway funds. But that doesn't mean that some states actually sign up for all federal dollars available. Some states see that some federal dollars available cost more than they receive...so they opt out.

Either way you look at it this tax is going to be a burden on all. Only the idiots we elected would ever think of passing such a lamebrained bill.

They sure don't have our best interests at heart.
It's not just a tax on the poor, it also will contribute to inflation that will effect the poor even more.

Democrats have declared war on the poor it seems.

Sue me, I'm a capitalist. I think we should pay the cost of what we get. When we don't the economy gets distorted and that can have some very undesirable consequences.
So suddenly you think everyone should pay. You act like a rubber ball first one direction then the next.

I'm a progressive and this is NOT a progressive tax, however, I like it since, as a suburbanite I don't drive nearly what a rural person would drive and they should pay for that use. If they want to live far from everyone they should pay more for their road, electricity, etc.
Commie idiot^^^^

Now isn't that the rub?

They will have you send in your mileage, likely with your income tax return....then, they will know what mileage was on your car each year.....

Or......

They will order car companies to put in a device in your car or take it from any existing computers they have..........they will eventually get to the point where they want to know where you are at all times....
The easier way it to have cameras on the major routes (i.e. will not tax more minor roads)... Cameras reads plates (or tags) and you are billed for that road...

While I think the WH is paying for it... I don't think this is viable outside cities... This will be used more fo congestion charges... US hasn't hit major congestion problems like Europe yet but it is coming and they are trying to discover ways of easing pressure of the roads around cities. This leaves the city freer for service Vehicles..

This is how congestion charge is working in London... London was just a nightmare before it and it was getting worse... While the charge is pain, it does mean taxis and buses can get around.

This is about research at Federal level...

I see....... So you're not for higher taxes. Neither am I.
We have flipped the debate on taxes in this country (thanks to Reagan I think), we should be talking about what we want the government to do and then figure out the best way to pay for it. There are things I'm willing to pay more in taxes for and some things I'm not.

We have flipped the debate on taxes in this country (thanks to Reagan I think), we should be talking about what we want the government to do and then figure out the best way to pay for it. There are things I'm willing to pay more in taxes for and some things I'm not.
I'm not willing to pay MORE in taxes for anything. The government ( who has no money ) is only wasting what they collect from the people. I'm not for them wasting ANYMORE.

I'm not willing to pay MORE in taxes for anything. The government ( who has no money ) is only wasting what they collect from the people. I'm not for them wasting ANYMORE.
"Waste" is generally in the eye of the beholder. Some might think we waste money on our military, some might think we waste money on foreign aid. And of course some are just knee-jerk ideologues that just chant their mantra.

"Waste" is generally in the eye of the beholder. Some might think we waste money on our military, some might think we waste money on foreign aid. And of course some are just knee-jerk ideologues that just chant their mantra.

And most think that 50 million to the Kennedy Center, 30 million to the Arts, 10 million to preserve Native American language is waste. The Democrats know it's vote buying, just like when they bailed out disadvantaged (minority) farmers by paying their debt plus 20%.

And most think that 50 million to the Kennedy Center, 30 million to the Arts, 10 million to preserve Native American language is waste. The Democrats know it's vote buying, just like when they bailed out disadvantaged (minority) farmers by paying their debt plus 20%.
"Most" meaning you? Or do you have some data to back that up?

We turned work rules into pure corruption, stealing and graft with government and private concerns combined. And mind you there can be issues in not building something completely new but rebuilding, renewing, restoring or upgrading anything from infrastructure. Doing this in areas that are partially or heavily built up is made even harder.

"Most" meaning you? Or do you have some data to back that up?

I'm assuming that most people have common sense and are intelligent enough to decipher between wasted spending and necessary spending. When the commies are in charge like today, most of it is wasted spending. Watch how they and their fellow traitors in the MSM try to make covid last as long as possible because they know if we have a real election and none of this mail-in ballot bullshit, they are going to lose more seats than they did under DumBama.

Everyone understands, nobody agrees.

No, not everybody understands, that's the problem. What the federal government was obligated to provide the people is listed in the US Constitution. However many (especially on the left) never read the damn thing to understand what our federal government was supposed to be for.

Forum List

Back